Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Read the review. Looks great! Camera is so so. Non removable battery sucks. But everything else is the Best their is! Call quality is great. Display rocks! Htc sense needs work! Processor is insanely fast. If your an android Fan, this phone is for u!

I just reviewed a device I never even used! :)

Also for those that are concerned about the differences between the ATT and Sprint versions are only the radios. Everything else is almost identical. On a side note, this is also the first sprint next gen phone with GSM sim support for world roaming which is awesome for those that want to travel with there phones!
  • Like 1

Also for those that are concerned about the differences between the ATT and Sprint versions are only the radios. Everything else is almost identical. On a side note, this is also the first sprint next gen phone with GSM sim support for world roaming which is awesome for those that want to travel with there phones!

It has every band!?

NOPE! unfortunately that might have to wait till next gen, GS4 is on the same boat

I wonder if these companies have the capabilities of putting them in or are they doing it on purpose so will also have to buy the next model up?

Here's the relative information from Robert.

Your perspective is all wrong. First, I can't help but contrast this to another prevalent comment I see...why does Sprint sell LTE devices if they do not have LTE in my area? If you make devices for a not yet built network, people complain. If you don't sell devices for an upcoming network, people complain.

The answer to your question is, Sprint is not ready to sell them. TD-LTE 2600 is a new band using TDD technology instead of FDD-LTE technology that Sprint is currently using. There is a lot of work that is being done to coordinate handoffs of these technology and getting the device ecosystem ready. While LTE 800 is FDD and not quite having those same challenges, Sprint only somewhat recently received authorization from the FCC to allow LTE in the 800 band. They just started testing that band in an FIT in Minnesota. These bands will be added to devices later this year, when Sprint and the OEM's are ready. It's just that simple.

It's not that it is so difficult for Sprint, as if they are inept. They are adding bands that are not mature and not currently supported by anyone really yet. Sprint is having to do all the heavy lifting with getting these two bands off the ground.

Also, I can't help but think of the original EVO LTE, Galaxy Nexus and GS3. People said the same thing. My phone is going to be outdated right away. Yet, here we are, they did not outdate and their upgrade cycle is already coming to an end. Sprint is not an exception to this. Up until recently, no Verizon devices supported LTE AWS, and still offers very few. T-Mobile still sells many device that do not support LTE at all. AT&T is the best when it comes to supporting multiple bands, but there were a lot of people mad who bought AT&T 4G flagship phones as LTE started being deployed.

What you are describing is not a problem with Sprint, but an issue with evolving wireless networks. And there is no end in sight. It is the nature of the business.

Robert

• Like 1

feels like my 4 month old note 2 is outdated. smartphones developments is outrageous. the market for smartphone is getting very large and it seems to be very lucrative market. Iphone is being produced at a cost of $150 for apple and they sell it for $600 from one of the article that I read after iphone 5 release. that is crazy profit.

feels like my 4 month old note 2 is outdated. smartphones developments is outrageous. the market for smartphone is getting very large and it seems to be very lucrative market. Iphone is being produced at a cost of $150 for apple and they sell it for $600 from one of the article that I read after iphone 5 release. that is crazy profit.

*$207, although I do agree. What's even more ridiculous is that there's only a $2 difference in production costs for the 16GB and 32GB variants, yet they charge $100 more for the 32GB version. That's just highway robbery.

My iPhone 4S feels super outdated as well, 17 months is like a decade for today's phones. But I can't complain about the 4S's lack of LTE, it wouldn't have made a difference considering Sprint lacks LTE as well (well...in Southeast Queens), hopefully NV and the iPhone 5S will be here in time for my upgrade in July.

Question , don't misunderstand me im not trying to be disrespectful . Whats wrong with going off topic every once in a while , just talking about LTE all the time is boring , going off topic sometimes can be a good thing .

I understand you have rules & what not but Sprint LTE is deployed but so fast , so we don't always have something to report , so why not talk about something else that is relevant like , Competitors , Phones & Software (without arguement of course).

Here's the thing. We have other threads where we deal with other topics. It helps us organize information so that people can find what they want to read quicker. I personally don't mind deviating from that on tangents once in a while, but that has to balance out and eventually threads have to find their way back on topic.

• Like 3

Question , don't misunderstand me im not trying to be disrespectful . Whats wrong with going off topic every once in a while , just talking about LTE all the time is boring , going off topic sometimes can be a good thing .

I understand you have rules & what not but Sprint LTE is deployed but so fast , so we don't always have something to report , so why not talk about something else that is relevant like , Competitors , Phones & Software (without arguement of course).

I would agree you on this one.

People get back on topic with the NYC stuff. We already have numerous threads that deal with the HTC One, 800mhz LTE etc, so please post those comments in the appropriate thread..

Thanks

My Bad Mod, I should have known that would happen...just seems like we all know each other on this thread...just feels right...LOL

I'm at the mets game right now and it's 5:53pm and im getting pings of 107 with .78 down and .67 up. I can't believe it. Last year I was getting .02 down and .23 up. Wow.. What a HUGE difference NV can do.

I would agree you on this one.

Most threads (if not all) do get the occasional off topic post, which is okay, but when it runs into almost a full page and a half, then I see it as a problem especially for those that want to focus on the topic of the thread (whatever that may be).

Plus, FrayDog explained it best.

Here's the thing. We have other threads where we deal with other topics. It helps us organize information so that people can find what they want to read quicker. I personally don't mind deviating from that on tangents once in a while, but that has to balance out and eventually threads have to find their way back on topic.

Thank you.

TS

• Like 3

Here's something to do while we kill time. Look to see if you guys can spot Ericsson's AIR panels deployed by T-Mobile through NYC. Milan03 has more info on these... I'm hoping Sprint would deploy the AIR 32's someday, though I'm pretty sure it would take a custom model to do so. A single AIR panel that supports CDMA, LTE, and TD-LTE on 800, 1900, and 2600. That would be epic.

I'm pretty sure my nearest city (Saint Louis) doesn't have any Ericsson setups except through Sprint.