Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I went to the Yankee game tonight and had LTE throughout the whole stadium. Over 30,000 people there! Check out these speeds! http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2143y82&s=5 :(

Thats 3G speeds actually no I take that back bc sometimes 3G speeds range from .50-1.00mbps down & up ,

Milan03 found live T-Mobile LTE running already at the Times Square subway station.

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=15117920

Thats amazing , im really diggin T-Mobile , & now they have my favorite phone , Imma have to convince my mom to get T-Mobile I love Sprint but this whole NV process is moving just a little bit to slow , i've been patiently waiting for LTE since I got my iPhone 5 for this damn carrier.

You can't get a job? :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

In the TechnoBuffalo story, it said that Sprint was working on connecting into the Transit Wireless network. So hang tight. If you pay the freight for Sponsor access, you'll find NYC progress is moving quick. 4G LTE sites will really start to accelerate in the next 30 days.

• Like 3

Thats amazing , im really diggin T-Mobile , & now they have my favorite phone , Imma have to convince my mom to get T-Mobile I love Sprint but this whole NV process is moving just a little bit to slow , i've been patiently waiting for LTE since I got my iPhone 5 for this damn carrier.

Really.....I just wish impatient people like you would just leave!

• Like 3

patients is a virtue but in terms of business aspect, there is no such thing as patient. if they think there is something better out there, they will move to a different company. there is no need for loyalty in terms of business. profit and good service is all that matters and that is what sprint is lacking now. we all know that it is going to get better, but that is long term dividends for us. all depends on how much people weigh short term vs long term dividends.

• Like 1

question, on the deployment running list, NYC is 48% complete, but I honestly do not think 48% of the towers went live with LTE just yet. does it mean their panels and backhaul has been upgraded?

http://s4gru.com/ind...t-running-list/

I dont know where you mostly use your data services, but if its mostly in queens I could understand your skepticism about the 48%. But in the Bronx and north of 59 street, south of 34th street of Manhattan and a good part of BK..48% doesn't seem that unreasonable. One thing is certain, they are still testing, so not all of those sites are on all the time.
  • Like 1

Hey, as long as I get my texts/phone calls, I'm good. :-)

Isaiah just switch if you can't wait.

Depends if his mom would like to... This is the most frustrating thread to read and ironically he is complaining he would like to move to T-Mo and if you read the TMOnews boards, the exact same complaints are being leveled against T-Mo for not launching New York initially.

• Like 2

question, on the deployment running list, NYC is 48% complete, but I honestly do not think 48% of the towers went live with LTE just yet. does it mean their panels and backhaul has been upgraded?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

First off, NV also includes 3G. Honestly I thought the number was much higher then that by now.

Relax it was never that serious . I've been patient since the release of the iPhone 5 , I got it a month after it came out thats how long i've been wait for LTE . I don't live in the city like you guys I live boarderline Queens in Long Island , if I was a frequent traveler to the city I wouldn't have a problem bc as soon as I get into Queens the LTE logo pops up on my phone , but no thats not the case , I live in L.I. which isn't really apart of the NYC market so I won't be getting LTE until the NYC market is complete unfortunately , thats gonna take a while a LONG while . Patience is something i've had for months but its a little annoying to be dealing with Slow Speeds all the time .

A lot of sites in Manhattan, Queens and S.I. still has yet to see any kind of NV towers. Even in fairly well covered areas as Bronx and Brooklyn isn't close to being done. I think half is about right. LTE probably is about 25% done.

On a side note, I think we can lose our patients a bit when we pay 100 bucks a month for terrible service while NV is going on. Once it's done, I know and everyone knows it will be great. But that good feeling wears off a bit once in a while when you can't call because it gets dropped, you can't check your loved ones on facebook because there is no 3G around due to tower outage and so on. Have patients for those who complain because I'm sure they also have been patient for a long time. I sure have been patient since Nov but not having reliable coverage in the financial district since Sandy, I started to lose it a bit. Anyhow, please have some compassion for those less fortunate who don't have LTE or upgraded 3G yet. I know it's coming but it's been a long wait and we are a bit jealous of you all who have it in majority of the place you visit. :)

• Like 1

Depends if his mom would like to... This is the most frustrating thread to read and ironically he is complaining he would like to move to T-Mo and if you read the TMOnews boards, the exact same complaints are being leveled against T-Mo for not launching New York initially.

Right , it all depends on my moms choice & right now shes not budging unfortunately, its probably just cause she's trying to focus on other things money wise , remember my mom doesn't have her own Sprint account , were under my G'ma's account (4 Ppl Fam Plan 1500mins unlim everything) , another reason my mom won't switch is because shes been with Sprint mostly all her life shes a lil skeptical , the last time we had another carrier was a short little stint with AT&T which didn't work out bc they were over charging .

Patients? Where? I become a mental patient anytime I read some of this stuff.

Nvm , I thought that was toward me .

Edited by IsaiahL

Anyone have an idea what will happen when a LTE site gets overloaded? Besides speeds decreasing? Does sprint have more bandwidth if a cell site is clogged?

is that the whole thing with different frequency thing? 800mhz/1900mhz and 2500mhz will be used so that it will prevent putting too much overloading on one frequency? I am not sure but someone explained me as such.

Anyone have an idea what will happen when a LTE site gets overloaded? Besides speeds decreasing? Does sprint have more bandwidth if a cell site is clogged?

Speeds will decrease, and no, there is no more LTE bandwidth at the moment deployed.

Eventually 800mhz LTE will be deployed, and if you have a newer handset, your phone might connect to that.

http://s4gru.com/ind...t-running-list/

Currently, 48% of the towers have had some sort of NV upgraded, 3G, or 4G. This is not spread out evenly, nor are all of the upgrades active yet. In some cases, 3G upgrades are not activated until a whole cluster of sites is ready to be turned on. 4G upgrades lag behind 3G upgrades, so the percentage of sites with LTE active is much lower than the total number of upgraded sites. The driving force behind the slow LTE activating is most likely backhaul, which Sprint has no control over.

• Like 2