SeanK_

Official Airave 3 LTE / S1000 NSC Thread

Dang.  WiFi is only 50mW. With the the location it is in, it provides good coverage still for the guest WiFi.

rocketr, I actually run two APs. I use 5GHz only and have both on separate channels. One for myself and one for guests. Gives me a bit more flexibility in being able to make rules so things like printers can still be accessed from the guest network. Going to use the Airwave as the new guest AP.

Dang.  WiFi is only 50mW. With the the location it is in, it provides good coverage still for the guest WiFi.

rocketr, I actually run two APs. I use 5GHz only and have both on separate channels. One for myself and one for guests. Gives me a bit more flexibility in being able to make rules so things like printers can still be accessed from the guest network. Going to use the Airwave as the new guest AP.
It's also called an Airave not airwave.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It's also called an Airave not airwave.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Blah, I like airwave better

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• TAPATALK VERSION
    BACK ONLINE

• PROGRESSIVE RAFFLE
    FOR AN iPHONE 8

iphonexiphone8.jpg

WHICH CAN PROGRESS TO AN iPHONE 8+ OR AN iPHONE X
    **or an Android device of equal or lesser value**

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By AcctDeleted_GirlFriday
      I'm stuck having to use an Airave in my apartment because ever since my landlord moved in downstairs and did major renovations, we've not been able to get much if any Sprint signal up here. I hate it because it's 3G only. Is there any chance Sprint will get it together and offer an LTE Airave? I'm guessing not, but it would be cool if they did.
    • By AMejia1976
      Hey all cant find anything searching the Forums. So I am wondering if someone can help me out here.

I currently have a Belkin N750 DB Wifi Dual Band N+ Gigabit Router and an Airave unit. Both units are right next to each other.

My home is about 1500sf ft.

Using both bands on the router; 2.5ghz and 5ghz.

Since PCS is at 1900 I am correct to assume this is close to 2.5gbs aka 2500?

During they day my wireless signal drops to just about nothing that is usable by my TIVO, Note2, Sony 3100 BluRay Player or Wii etc etc etc.

How likelly is it that the 2 units are severely interfering with each other?

What distance should I place one from the other?

Thanks for the feedback.

@l3x

• By ajr0203
      Hello all, I have a question about my sprint airave. The closest tower to my house is approximately 4 miles away if I'm correct. So what I'm wondering is when this tower is eventually upgraded to 4G, will my phone be able to connect to it? Or will my airave being a stronger signal override the 4G signal?
      Side question: are 4G signals stronger or weaker than 3G signals necessarily? Thanks for any insight you guys can supply
    • By halcyoncmdr
      So as we all know Sprint offers the Airave devices to help in-home coverage issues. It requires a high-speed Internet connection and creates a miniature cell site inside your home (femtocell).

Sprint has offered these for free or deeply discounted for quite a while to customers with little to no coverage in their home. The requirements for determining eligibility have changed according to what I've heard. There hasn't been an official communication to retail employees as we don't deal with Airaves directly, so do take it with a grain of salt, and remember it can change again at any time.

This information comes from a conversation with a member on the Airave team that determines customer eligibility to assist our store in providing accurate information to our customers that we refer to their team for coverage issues.

To be eligible for a FREE Airave, the account must have 4+ active lines.

Otherwise, the account is eligible for purchasing the Airave at full retail price ($280), or with a 2-year contract commitment for a discounted price ($130).

My assumption is that since Network Vision is ramping up to full speed and should be completed within the next year or so, the increase in coverage availability from the 800MHz deployment and enhanced capability of the new equipment in general is anticipated to remove the need for Airave devices for most customers.
    • By matt7701
      Hello, just letting you guys know that I did my reset for my airave today and it is using a different set of channels for zip 15235 in Pittsburgh, PA.  Before, it used 75 and 225, and after the reset it now uses 100 and 150.  This may be a response to the users who have had issues with the NV upgrade locally affecting the airave.  Reset yours today and find out!