AcctDeleted_GirlFriday

Official Airave Thread

I'm stuck having to use an Airave in my apartment because ever since my landlord moved in downstairs and did major renovations, we've not been able to get much if any Sprint signal up here. I hate it because it's 3G only. Is there any chance Sprint will get it together and offer an LTE Airave? I'm guessing not, but it would be cool if they did. :tu:

I'm stuck having to use an Airave in my apartment because ever since my landlord moved in downstairs and did major renovations, we've not been able to get much if any Sprint signal up here. I hate it because it's 3G only. Is there any chance Sprint will get it together and offer an LTE Airave? I'm guessing not, but it would be cool if they did. :tu:

Why would you need LTE airave if you have WIFI?

• Like 1

I doubt airaves will be part of Sprint's portfolio for long. Sprint is rapidly moving to wifi based calling etc rapidly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is the official Airave Thread. If you have any question regarding anything regarding a Sprint Airave, no matter what version it is, discuss it here. All post pertaining to Airaves will be moved here so don't be surprised if your post/topic is moved here.

• Like 4

Why would you need LTE airave if you have WIFI?

She has an e/CSFB handset. Tempestuous LTE can affect call and SMS page delivery.

We have too many similar Airave threads already. But this is a legitimate question.

AJ

• Like 3

As the FCC OET ambassador, I have never found an LTE equipped Airave. And as Tim said, the push to wifi calling is great, and will most likely replace the Airave as the preferred home/work calling solution. Airave's have been nothing but a headache for Sprint and many smartphone users. Triband devices won't handoff to them unless LTE is not active, and iPhone users are hit and miss with them. It's just not a sustainable product long term.

• Like 2

Yes, Tim is correct. Unless Sprint does help develop an LTE femtocell, IMS based Wi-Fi calling will be the future. CDMA2000 femtocells will be retired.

AJ

I have heard of the issue before, but having 3 G2s in the house with Airave, we have not had any problems (Airwave 2.0).

So my apologies.  Beside I thought the 2.5 Airave solved those issues.

This is if official Airave Thread. If you have any question regarding anything regarding a Sprint Airave, no matter what version it is, discuss it here. All post pertaining to Airaves will be moved here so don't be surprised if your post/topic is moved here.

I apologize. I looked for an Airave section and couldn't find it. Didn't mean to cause any extra work for anyone.

As the FCC OET ambassador, I have never found an LTE equipped Airave. And as Tim said, the push to wifi calling is great, and will most likely replace the Airave as the preferred home/work calling solution. Airave's have been nothing but a headache for Sprint and many smartphone users. Triband devices won't handoff to them unless LTE is not active, and iPhone users are hit and miss with them. It's just not a sustainable product long term.

I agree with you. They can be a real pain, but when we first got ours it was a lifesaver. Don't know what our landlord did, but we had great reception, then he moved in and started renovating and BAM...we were lucky to get one bar and frequently found ourselves roaming. If we went outside, everything was fine.

As the FCC OET ambassador...

Josh is the S4GRU FCC OET ambassador.  All requests to port in or out of S4GRU must now go through the embassy in Pahrump, NV.

:P

AJ

• Like 4

An LTE airave would be nice, since tri band handsets won't hand off to them when falling back from LTE to make or accept a call. I used to have an issue with that running the .15 modem on my nexus 5. I would pick up really weak b25 when it sat on my desk and ended up having several calls drop. The only WiFi calling experience I have had was with my friends M8 and I have to say it was nowhere near as easy or reliable to set up as my airave.

An LTE airave would be nice, since tri band handsets won't hand off to them when falling back from LTE to make or accept a call. I used to have an issue with that running the .15 modem on my nexus 5. I would pick up really weak b25 when it sat on my desk and ended up having several calls drop. The only WiFi calling experience I have had was with my friends M8 and I have to say it was nowhere near as easy or reliable to set up as my airave.

Ya it does seem like for the average user it is kinda complex.

I can see an LTE Airave being useful when VoLTE is instituted.  It would likely be required for any chance of a voice call handoff to the macro network.

Robert

• Like 2

I can see an LTE Airave being useful when VoLTE is instituted. It would likely be required for any chance of a voice call handoff to the macro network.

Robert

Also useful in a situation where the house is semi covered by a non 800 site and the adjacent 800 site decides to creep inside the home at times. Screws with CSFB big time.
  • Like 1

My Nexus 5 has problem stick to my Airave. Sometimes it would just drop off and show up no signal or roaming. Sometimes, it won't connect to EVDO.

My Nexus 5 has problem stick to my Airave. Sometimes it would just drop off and show up no signal or roaming. Sometimes, it won't connect to EVDO.

I have that problem if I don't set my Nexus 5 to 3G mode in network settings.

Is there any significant difference between Airave 2.0 vs 2.5 ?

The biggest difference is the 2.5 contains an bc10 beacon that will tell your phone to move to the PCS band. That allows your phone to connect with it.

They also seem to be more stable then the 2.0.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Is it possible to ask for an upgrade?

Is it possible to ask for an upgrade?

You can always ask. The worst thing that can happen is they say no.

• Like 1

My airave 2.0 suddenly getting some trouble to obtain a GPS fix. It is hit and miss. So I call Sprint they send me a 2.5 replacement. But my 2.5 can't get a GPS fix ever. Not sure why. I do place them by the window.

My airave 2.0 suddenly getting some trouble to obtain a GPS fix. It is hit and miss. So I call Sprint they send me a 2.5 replacement. But my 2.5 can't get a GPS fix ever. Not sure why. I do place them by the window.

Short answer is...Yes, the Airave needs to be placed near a window.

If the problem started suddenly without you moving your unit to a new location and now two different units are having the same problem, it makes me wonder if something in your area is jamming/interfering with your GPS frequencies.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk