Possible Airave Software Update

matt7701

Hello, just letting you guys know that I did my reset for my airave today and it is using a different set of channels for zip 15235 in Pittsburgh, PA.  Before, it used 75 and 225, and after the reset it now uses 100 and 150.  This may be a response to the users who have had issues with the NV upgrade locally affecting the airave.  Reset yours today and find out!

Yes, but that never happened before and I reset it about 20 times this year.  You did say sometimes?  As if every so often when I reset it it will use a different set of channels but not always?

Edited by matt7701

Yes, but that never happened before and I reset it about 20 times this year.  You did say sometimes?  As if every so often when I reset it it will use a different set of channels but not always?

Sometimes you may get moved channels, but most likely this will not happen unless a network is under an overhaul. 

Sometimes you may get moved channels, but most likely this will not happen unless a network is under an overhaul. 

So in short answer my area is being worked on, interesting.  I hope it's NV upgrades!

Another question.  I have the long range setting  on my account.  Does resetting the device erase that data, or does it retrieve it from the billing account?

Edited by matt7701

Another question.  I have the long range setting  on my account.  Does resetting the device erase that data, or does it retrieve it from the billing account?

Just like rebooting your phone doesn't take your phone number out.

• 3 weeks later...

Just like rebooting your phone doesn't take your phone number out.

I got a reply from social-care today, are they right?

"Thanks for reaching out to us. We apologize for the delayed response, but to answer your question, if you perform a factory reset on your Airave, yes it will delete that setting, but if you perform a soft reset (meaning plugging the Airave out for one minute) it will not erase that setting.

Please let us know if this answers your question?

xxxxxxxxxx

Sprint Social Media Care"