Official Airave 4 LTE / Casa Pebble / Airave 3 LTE / S1000 Thread

SeanK_

4 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Are CellSpots still working/available? T-Mobile told me that was not an option for me when I called about my Airave deactivated.

I just switched my 1st of 6 lines to TNX a couple days ago. When on the phone I was talking about the near zero cell signal in my basement on both Sprint and T-Mo bands. They said that since I have a TNX line I can get a Cellspot which UPS just dropped off 30 min ago. I plugged it in and the power light is flashing, so assume it's configuring/booting up. It's not "live" yet...

To follow up I received the following text: Great news! Your 4G LTE CellSpot setup has been successful at XXXXXXXXX.

I looked over at the unit, all the lights were solid green. Checked my phone and it showed 'full bars'. Wow this thing is a beast. Went all around the house upstairs & downstairs and FAST speedtests and full bars throughout. MUCH better than any of the Sprint Airaves or Magicboxes that I've had over the years by far...

• Like 3

19 hours ago, though said:

Wow this thing is a beast. Went all around the house upstairs & downstairs and FAST speedtests and full bars throughout. MUCH better than any of the Sprint Airaves or Magicboxes that I've had over the years by far...

Guess I will be reaching out to them again today! Thanks.

21 hours ago, though said:

Call the Magicbox group directly. Good luck!

Having a TNX line plus legacy lines might have been the key element. How fast are you able to get versus your ISP speed?

2 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Having a TNX line plus legacy lines might have been the key element. How fast are you able to get versus your ISP speed?

I don't think having legacy lines had anything to do with it. Maybe the fact that I had an Airave and MagicBox prior maybe. Maybe not.

1 hour ago, though said:

I don't think having legacy lines had anything to do with it. Maybe the fact that I had an Airave and MagicBox prior maybe. Maybe not.

I think you would have much greater difficulty without having the Airave.  Regular T-Mobile customers were told no for similar requests.

What speeds did you get versus your ISP speeds?

2 hours ago, dkyeager said:

I think you would have much greater difficulty without having the Airave.  Regular T-Mobile customers were told no for similar requests.

What speeds did you get versus your ISP speeds?

My fiber speeds are 500+/800+.

Cellspot produces 90+/20+.

Will post a screenshot in a bit.

Edit: Cellspot Screenshot
SSRxNNV.png

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 11:46 AM, though said:

Call the Magicbox group directly. Good luck!

I tried so many avenues.. kept getting different answers as to why I had to call a different number. Chat, Twitter, magic box, regular support.. finally got someone to open a tech support ticket for it. Apparently nobody knows what a CellSpot or an Airave is, and when I finally got someone who did, they couldn't access my account because it's SWAC.

Supposedly I'm getting a callback eventually, but I'm not optimistic. They basically said the coverage map showed good service in my area (it's a farce.. can't even make calls driving through town) so there was nothing they could do besides troubleshoot my device. Nobody would listen to my claims that my indoor coverage got even worse when I switched to TNX. 1X800 wasn't great but at least MMS/SMS worked. Now I can't even get that. Wifi calling works, but SMS/MMS doesn't seem to work unless I have a mobile connection also. The texting issue is my only real problem at home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikejeep said:

I tried so many avenues.. kept getting different answers as to why I had to call a different number. Chat, Twitter, magic box, regular support.. finally got someone to open a tech support ticket for it. Apparently nobody knows what a CellSpot or an Airave is, and when I finally got someone who did, they couldn't access my account because it's SWAC.

Supposedly I'm getting a callback eventually, but I'm not optimistic. They basically said the coverage map showed good service in my area (it's a farce.. can't even make calls driving through town) so there was nothing they could do besides troubleshoot my device. Nobody would listen to my claims that my indoor coverage got even worse when I switched to TNX. 1X800 wasn't great but at least MMS/SMS worked. Now I can't even get that. Wifi calling works, but SMS/MMS doesn't seem to work unless I have a mobile connection also. The texting issue is my only real problem at home.

We don't demand that you stay with a carrier that does not work for you. Many of us have moved to other carriers or have multiple carriers on multiple phone and/or multiple sims on unlocked phones.

If later you desire occassional connections, I go with Tello for $7 per month for T-Mobile, $5 with Red Pocket for Verizon and AT&T. 5G speedtests (rare) have caused me to start increasing this. Went with $15 for Boost Mobile. 

Frreeing yourself to go with other carriers could also make it easier to talk to retensions, which could get you your cellspot. Alternatively, maybe a locoal corporate store could help. They could do a driveby to verify your claims.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...