Official Airave 4 LTE / Casa Pebble / Airave 3 LTE / S1000 Thread

SeanK_

Are there any differences functionality wise between the 3 and 4? I currently have a 3 that works fine, just wondering if I should upgrade or not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Are there any differences functionality wise between the 3 and 4? I currently have a 3 that works fine, just wondering if I should upgrade or not.

Depends what phone you have. The 3 causes issues with VoLTE, and breaks incoming calls and SMS on eCSFB devices (Galaxy S6 era, maybe S7. Pixel 1. Etc). It used to work, but they broke something about a year ago and never fixed it. My guess is that whatever they did broke IMS. On my devices, it messes them up so bad that even when you leave Airave range, it will take 30 minutes or an airplane toggle to get calls and text working again. I ended up having to disable LTE on the Airave (via a firewall rule), leaving it CDMA only. Of course they broke it in what's seemingly the last update to the 3...

The 3 is end of life so won't be getting any fixes or updates. If you have no problems now, then you can keep it if you want. But guests might have issues, and if/when you have a VoLTE device it may cause problems as well. Basically you should eventually upgrade it, but if you aren't having problems there's no rush.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Depends what phone you have. The 3 causes issues with VoLTE, and breaks incoming calls and SMS on eCSFB devices (Galaxy S6 era, maybe S7. Pixel 1. Etc). It used to work, but they broke something about a year ago and never fixed it. My guess is that whatever they did broke IMS. On my devices, it messes them up so bad that even when you leave Airave range, it will take 30 minutes or an airplane toggle to get calls and text working again. I ended up having to disable LTE on the Airave (via a firewall rule), leaving it CDMA only. Of course they broke it in what's seemingly the last update to the 3...

The 3 is end of life so won't be getting any fixes or updates. If you have no problems now, then you can keep it if you want. But guests might have issues, and if/when you have a VoLTE device it may cause problems as well. Basically you should eventually upgrade it, but if you aren't having problems there's no rush.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. I do have an s8 in the Minneapolis market with VoLTE enabled and have been having issues with calls and texts while away from home. I just chalked it up to Sprint being Sprint or the s8 itself, but maybe this is causing my issues? Suppose it wouldn't hurt to swap it and try.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:28 PM, travisc said:

The 3 has EVDO data, the 4 does not, if that matters to you.

Looks like they finally added my request from this weekend with their system ordering outage. They said it will either ship by today or tomorrow.

Airave.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

Looks like they finally added my request from this weekend with their system ordering outage. They said it will either ship by today or tomorrow.

Nice!

Did you ever get a notification email or whatnot or did it just show up on your account?

1 minute ago, lilotimz said:

Nice!

Did you ever get a notification email or whatnot or did it just show up on your account?

No notification, I had to go through the old layout they still got running to find it which shows you all the orders you have placed over the years.

Funny thing is it looks like they ordered me two of them somehow. 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

Can I order one online or do I have to call or chat with CS?

I wish you were able to order one online, but you have to call their Airave or Magic Box support

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

I wish you were able to order one online, but you have to call their Airave or Magic Box support

Just put my order in. Replacing my mum's 2.5. They are going to overnight it apparently.

39 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

No notification, I had to go through the old layout they still got running to find it which shows you all the orders you have placed over the years.

Ahaha! Well nothing's showing up my account yet. Patience. 

Haha! Use both of em!

46 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

Can you link that or share how to get to that (where it shows all the orders)?

9 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Ahaha! Well nothing's showing up my account yet. Patience. 

Haha! Use both of em!

I might! 🤩

3 minutes ago, notsrealinc said:

Can you link that or share how to get to that (where it shows all the orders)?

Hope this helps.

Under the My Sprint > Click Permissions > Once you are there click my account tab, which should take you to the old layout > Look under "your bill" you see "Recent payments" > click see details > on the right side of the page look under "I want to..." and click "see my order history", it should be a DM14 order ID and you should be able to use sprint.com/myorder to see what the orders are. It will only show once someone processed the order into the system though.

Let me know if you can't access it still.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

I might! 🤩

Hope this helps.

Under the My Sprint > Click Permissions > Once you are there click my account tab, which should take you to the old layout > Look under "your bill" you see "Recent payments" > click see details > on the right side of the page look under "I want to..." and click "see my order history", it should be a DM14 order ID and you should be able to use sprint.com/myorder to see what the orders are. It will only show once someone processed the order into the system though.

Got it.

Capture2.thumb.PNG.d71ba810f4fd7788b40da0b261d13835.PNG

It's not in my account though under devices.

Edited by notsrealinc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SeanK_ said:

I might! 🤩

Hope this helps.

Nice! 

Nothing is showing up for me yet but I did call in this morning to request one. 

2 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Nice! 

Nothing is showing up for me yet but I did call in this morning to request one. 

My guess is tomorrow then. Mine shipped and they did send two which will be here Friday!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SeanK_ said:

My guess is tomorrow then. Mine shipped and they did send two which will be here Friday!

Wooooooooo!

We'll definitely see!

I ordered one Friday morning but hadn't received any notification email. So I called back a moment ago and was just told that they are still having trouble ordering these. I relayed that some folks had gotten shipping notifications...the reply was, "I promise no one is getting these yet, they are simply not shipping yet. " Ugh.

He offered to try everyday and would let me know when he was successful in placing my order for an Airave 4.

Anyone have any advice?

52 minutes ago, fizzicsguy said:

I ordered one Friday morning but hadn't received any notification email. So I called back a moment ago and was just told that they are still having trouble ordering these. I relayed that some folks had gotten shipping notifications...the reply was, "I promise no one is getting these yet, they are simply not shipping yet. " Ugh.

He offered to try everyday and would let me know when he was successful in placing my order for an Airave 4.

Anyone have any advice?

I seem to be the only one so far that got it shipped. I was told yesterday that with the ordering system being down that if you submitted a request it you'll get one, might take an extra day or two since someone has to input this order into the system. I would just watch the link that Mike provided (sometimes doesn't work so you'll need to do my process)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SeanK_ said:

I seem to be the only one so far that got it shipped. I was told yesterday that with the ordering system being down that if you submitted a request it you'll get one, might take an extra day or two since someone has to input this order into the system. I would just watch the link that Mike provided (sometimes doesn't work so you'll need to do my process)

Gotcha!

Thanks for the heads up and do post many pics and first impression when you get it!

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 11:56 PM, ingenium said:

I ended up having to disable LTE on the Airave (via a firewall rule), leaving it CDMA only. Of course they broke it in what's seemingly the last update to the 3...

What firewall rule will disable the LTE on the AR3?  I have a magicbox and only have need for 1x from the Airave (We have 3 iPhones and 1 S9)

If you know a way to disable 3G, that would also be nice, if possible.

27 minutes ago, Handyman said:

What firewall rule will disable the LTE on the AR3?  I have a magicbox and only have need for 1x from the Airave (We have 3 iPhones and 1 S9)

If you know a way to disable 3G, that would also be nice, if possible.

You can't disable 3G/evdo and keep 1x. They use the same IPsec connection. The Airave 3 has 2 IPsec tunnels, one for CDMA and one for LTE. CDMA establishes a tunnel to one of 10 domains: segw01.femto.sprint.net through segw10.femto.sprint.net. I don't remember if it picks one at random or if it tends to stick to the same one.

The LTE side does not do a DNS lookup, and uses the hardcoded IP 68.31.0.1. So setup a firewall rule to block access from the Airave IP to 68.31.0.1. Then power cycle the Airave. The LTE side will be unable to connect, leaving you with CDMA only.

As a side note, the subnet 68.31.0.0/16 is used at Sprint for LTE femto cells and wifi calling (at least devices on the new core, so anything that does VoLTE or Calling+). There seem to be different IPs for different devices. Ethernet backhauled Magic Boxes use 68.31.68.87. My Pixel always uses one that ends in a 7 (68.31.20.7, 68.31.26.7, 68.31.66.7, 68.31.0.7, 68.31.24.7). They are returned by the DNS records epdg.epc.mnc530.mcc312.pub.3gppnetwork.org and epdg.epc.mnc120.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org, which return one of them randomly. The Essential phone on the other hand uses 68.31.26.2. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Gotcha!

Thanks for the heads up and do post many pics and first impression when you get it!

I shall!

I just noticed that they haven't added the Airave as a line under my account yet which they normally do before the device gets sent out. Unless they are doing something different this time around. Hope it doesn't cause issues when I set this thing up.

• Confused 1