Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

So, where is the FCC consent decree concerning this merger? We have not heard anything from them. Are they dotting the i's and crossing their t's. This has been the longest, strangest mergers ever.

The FCC and DOJ are currently plotting to counterattack the state AGs lawsuit. FCC may issue unusual ruling supporting the merger that explicitly states that there are no anti-trust issues. Some have called this a form of undermining the states

A statement like that is aimed for an audience of one. The judge that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, greenbastard said:

MOCN is just a stop-gap solution while they figure out how to transfer everyone to the T-Mobile core network. MOCN cannot be used to combine two networks into one, but can be used to allow a group of users access to more than one network.

T-Mobile already implements MOCN so Sprint users can roam on their network without any compatibility issues. There is no need to worry about VoLTE compatibility or eCSFB issues with MOCN unlike with traditional roaming. This is the reason why T-Mobile roaming comes back with a Clearwire PLMN instead of a T-Mobile PLMN 

What about us who have mvno

What about us who have mvno

All mvno will be honored with the new company. Which one are you on?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

All mvno will be honored with the new company. Which one are you on?

Tello what I was asking is this done now or in a few months or years mvno told me nothing is changing for years giver or take 

The FCC and DOJ are currently plotting to counterattack the state AGs lawsuit. FCC may issue unusual ruling supporting the merger that explicitly states that there are no anti-trust issues. Some have called this a form of undermining the states  

A statement like that is aimed for an audience of one. The judge that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do feel like a lot of the actions being done after the approval are in response to the lawsuit. I just don't see what case or standing the states have, especially if the final consent decree has some form of monitoring to guarantee Dish can develop into a real carrier (which is something the states have said they don't trust). If all else fails, interstate commerce grounds should allow this to be approved over State objections.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hum did sprint do any change , my moto g 7 play is not connecting to data at all.

In regarding  to the merger i herd some say it was starting. was it just people talking about the 2 network and how they combined or was the work started.

8 minutes ago, mattp said:

hum did sprint do any change  my moto g 7 play is not conecting to data at all

Your phone is probably so full of errors, lack of periods, commas, misspelled words, etc, and it just shut down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, chamb said:

Your phone is probably so full of errors, lack of periods, commas, misspelled words, etc, and it just shut down.

Hey not nice . i have some typing issue and i fix it .

Leave him alone bro.. no need for such antagonization dude leave him alone

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattp said:

Hey not nice . i have some typing issue and i fix it .

2 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Leave him alone bro.. no need for such antagonization dude leave him alone

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

He has a point though. Clear posts are important when trying to help. Everyone makes typos, myself included. But if we can't understand the posts, we can't help. I ask that everyone does their best to post clearly so that we can actually help. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

He has a point though. Clear posts are important when trying to help. Everyone makes typos, myself included. But if we can't understand the posts, we can't help. I ask that everyone does their best to post clearly so that we can actually help. 

I'm going to have to agree here. No hostility, but I always find it incredibly difficult to understand mattp's posts. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

still the way he went about it was kind of not nice .

Ok guys... Play nice.    There's alot of ego on this forum.   Put it aside!

Anyway... a really good USA Today new story today.  

A couple of points of interest in it:  

T-Mobile and Sprint must still resolve a lawsuit filed in June by 13 states and the District of Columbia to stop the merger. But representatives for several states say they are now reconsidering their involvement based on the news of a federal deal and its agreed-upon changes. T-Mobile says it's confident a settlement can be reached.

For the past six or so years, T-Mobile has been the little guy forcing AT&T and Verizon to make changes. Adding Sprint's customers base allows Legere and his company to take that competition to the next level.

Click here to read article:

One big reason the T-Mobile-Sprint merger will be good for consumers

Edited by dro1984
  • Like 1

Sprint and T-Mobile US campuses sell for more than $700 million total

Sprint sold Overland Park campus for ‘modest’ price. Why that might not be a bad thing

Sprint sold its Overland Park campus for $250.9 million — tens of millions of dollars below Johnson County’s appraised value of $342.5 million, according to research compiled by the investment research firm Moody’s.

In exchange for what Moody’s characterized as a “modest” sale price, Sprint secured a 10-year lease of office space well below market rent.

Wow. 🙁

1 minute ago, mattp said:

why are they selling it 

When asked about the transaction Tuesday, Sprint officials declined to discuss the terms of the sale, calling them confidential. 

“Sprint is leasing back the space we need, and the Sprint headquarters will remain on the Overland Park campus,” Sprint spokeswoman Andrea Shores wrote in an email. “This sale enables us to use proceeds from the sale to reinvest in the buildings we plan to use in order to create a collaborative environment for Sprint partners — along with an innovative workspace to attract top talent.”

23 minutes ago, mattp said:

did not know it was call a capuses

The Sprint Campus is a massive complex. You can read more about it and its history here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_World_Headquarters_Campus

Here’s a photo tour from 2011: https://www.cnet.com/pictures/a-tour-of-sprints-kansas-headquarters-photos/

38 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Sprint and T-Mobile US campuses sell for more than $700 million total

Sprint sold Overland Park campus for ‘modest’ price. Why that might not be a bad thing

Sprint sold its Overland Park campus for $250.9 million — tens of millions of dollars below Johnson County’s appraised value of $342.5 million, according to research compiled by the investment research firm Moody’s.

In exchange for what Moody’s characterized as a “modest” sale price, Sprint secured a 10-year lease of office space well below market rent.

Wow. 🙁

I must've missed the fact that they were selling the campus. Not surprising I suppose. Still. Wow. 

I must've missed the fact that they were selling the campus. Not surprising I suppose. Still. Wow. 
Odd. I thought new TMobile was keeping that?