Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

The chief makan will , but tmo will look for a settlement prior or the judge to throw out the lawsuit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said earlier it’s all a circus LOL. I want to see what this merger holds for all of us.

As I said earlier it’s all a circus LOL. I want to see what this merger holds for all of us.

It’s holds a better larger network.. the pricing and the rest we can all leave up to our imagination on what happens with that

11 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

It is a political circus because some people are using it to further their political aims. See, I stood up toe to toe to those big, bad corporations when the feds folded. It is also said that the DOJ anti-trust chief, Makan Delrahim might be playing the political game.

It is a political circus because some people are using it to further their political aims. See, I stood up toe to toe to those big, bad corporations when the feds folded. It is also said that the DOJ anti-trust chief, Makan Delrahim might be playing the political game.

Yes I agree with you. It’s all political game. For me the concern is that they won’t follow through with their promises.

I right now which Sprint would bankrupt and some other non just care about mony person can take it over and turn it in a caring about people provide that Almost all profit that can is use to better  it network

Hope it ok I am saying this 

An important decision affecting cheap internet access, which underpins the opposing state attorney general's argument, is the FCC's 2.5 EBS ruling: https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/FCC-19-62A1.pdf    This allows for the sale of most EBS licenses by the license holders and allows for full use of the spectrum.  The prior rule requiring 5% spectrum hold-back is where the cheapest access came from.  So you are a non-profit, do you want a small amount of money from the cheap internet provider groups along with carrier payments, more money just from the carriers, or would you rather be done with it and get a large capital infusion?  Over time I think most will go for the capital infusion.

Sprint will need more capital to maintain its current 2.5 licenses, let alone to expand.  AT&T has shown interest, and Verizon's key objection to this band has been removed by this decision.  While many may only see this as a rural play, existing licenses will also be sold by the license holders.  Thus even if the opposing Attorney General's win and prevent the merger, they may lose in the long run.

The DOJ's decision should be published soon.  Look for it here: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/search?conditions[publication_date][gte]=07%2F26%2F2019&conditions[term]=T-Mobile#

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So, what happens to Mobile Citizen's ability to dispense their services (which by my primitive understanding, is Sprint's entire service and comes from their client's licenses of 2.5gHz exchanged with Sprint)?

So, what happens to Mobile Citizen's ability to dispense their services (which by my primitive understanding, is Sprint's entire service and comes from their client's licenses of 2.5gHz exchanged with Sprint)?
It would presumably go away if the non profits sell their licenses. Right now Mobile Citizen (and "resellers" like the Calyx Institute) give out normal Sprint accounts with access to all bands. These are technically lines with a 20 or 25 GB "mobile broadband" plan, but they are completely unthrottled, not deprioritized, and unlimited (there are "overages of $10/GB" that aren't actually charged), making them better than any plan Sprint currently offers. They're also assigned a routable, public IP, instead of using carrier grade NAT. You can even create a Sprint login for the account, though you can't change anything because you don't get the PIN.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So finally I can get an unlocked GSM phone in the future? I'm honestly not optimistic about the merger although sprint needs it more than t mobile financially. 

Long term I think everyone should expect to pay more than they are for their plans. 

I’m really interested to see what T-Mobile does with this 2.5 and the rate of tower integration. I would like to guess that cities are going to be very dense and the service not working in buildings should die as well. Crowded events like concerts and stuff shouldn’t be as bad either.

I’m really interested to see what T-Mobile does with this 2.5 and the rate of tower integration. I would like to guess that cities are going to be very dense and the service not working in buildings should die as well. Crowded events like concerts and stuff shouldn’t be as bad either.

Yeah if malls and stadium, all had the combined FDD plus B41,LAA and mmwave it would definitely be great.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I wish I had the screenshot, but it's sitting on my US Cellular phone at home.  I forgot to post that on Friday, my wife and I went out shopping and I noticed my US Cellular phone was roaming on T-Mobile LTE instead of Sprint.  I was trying to get it to look at Sprint B25, so I locked it to Band 25 to try to force it onto Sprint.

I then found myself connected to T-Mobile B25, which was on the T-Mobile PCS carrier.  They must be running MFBI on it now.

I'll post my screenshot of it in SCP after work.

- Trip

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Swordfish said:

So finally I can get an unlocked GSM phone in the future? I'm honestly not optimistic about the merger although sprint needs it more than t mobile financially. 

Long term I think everyone should expect to pay more than they are for their plans. 

I'm so tired of this argument for so many reasons!   Airwaves and towers cost money...  equipment, people...   etc... do you really expect costs to NOT go up over the years?    Does the cost of food, drugs, and fuel not rise constantly?   Why do you think the cost of phone/internet service should not go up?   

I truly think and believe what they have been saying ... when you combine the networks and there is a lot of available band width... they will try to fill it...  I think since there will be more, prices for service will probably drop.   But if they don't, I can understand why.       

I'm so tired of this argument for so many reasons!   Airwaves and towers cost money...  equipment, people...   etc... do you really expect costs to NOT go up over the years?    Does the cost of food, drugs, and fuel not rise constantly?   Why do you think the cost of phone/internet service should not go up?   
I truly think and believe what they have been saying ... when you combine the networks and there is a lot of available band width... they will try to fill it...  I think since there will be more, prices for service will probably drop.   But if they don't, I can understand why.       
I'm tired of people who keep bringing up CDMA it GSM. I have no clue what they mean by a unlocked GSM phone. There are tons of devices that work on all carriers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Trip said:

I wish I had the screenshot, but it's sitting on my US Cellular phone at home.  I forgot to post that on Friday, my wife and I went out shopping and I noticed my US Cellular phone was roaming on T-Mobile LTE instead of Sprint.  I was trying to get it to look at Sprint B25, so I locked it to Band 25 to try to force it onto Sprint.

I then found myself connected to T-Mobile B25, which was on the T-Mobile PCS carrier.  They must be running MFBI on it now.

I'll post my screenshot of it in SCP after work.

- Trip

I would LOVE to have the ability to roam on T Mo right now both at work and at home!     Verizon is still the selected roaming partner for Sprint around here and it's horrible!    

• Like 1

Just now, Tengen31 said:

I'm tired of people who keep bringing up CDMA it GSM. I have no clue what they mean by a unlocked GSM phone. There are tons of devices that work on all carriers.

You don't understand?     Anything other than some data, it's still divided by carrier GSM/CDMA... all the old back up systems are still there for calling etc...as well as how the phone handles simultaneous call/data use...   band aids are in place for CDMA to do that but they don't work as intended....       I get what he intended/meant.   I still see a difference.. we haven't been on LTE all that long (2-3 years??) and we don't roam across the carriers like we should.    

You don't understand?     Anything other than some data, it's still divided by carrier GSM/CDMA... all the old back up systems are still there for calling etc...as well as how the phone handles simultaneous call/data use...   band aids are in place for CDMA to do that but they don't work as intended....       I get what he intended/meant.   I still see a difference.. we haven't been on LTE all that long (2-3 years??) and we don't roam across the carriers like we should.    

GSM is 2G and CDMA is 2G/3G. LTE has nothing to do with either and most phones these days work on any network.  Sprint has had LTE since 2012 so that's 7 years not 2-3.

Great... talk to me about it...   while I'm fighting with unusable data on Sprint in building service ...in a Ford building with tons of old 1960's glass (read: non solar non-signal blocking), off I-94 in Detroit /Dearborn/ Romulus area near Metro Airport trying to roam on Verizon 1X!      Literally... Verizon 1X.   it's junk!  Old Verizon ... unusable.       Can see 2 or 3 cell antenna's from here... none of them are Sprint.   

Edited by dro1984
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dro1984 said:

Great... talk to me about it...   while I'm fighting with unusable data on Sprint in building service with tons of old 1960's glass (read: non solar non-signal blocking), off I-94 in Detroit /Dearborn/ Romulus area near Metro Airport trying to roam on Verizon 1X!      Literally... Verizon 1X.   it's junk!  Old Verizon ... unusable.    

Well, how is T-Mobile's coverage/data?

16 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

It is what is being implied. It's the fact that you need a compatible phone that supports CDMA to run on Sprint.  This rules out loads of phones. 

Just a few that come to mind instantly: OnePlus, Huawei, Razor, Hydrogen, Sonim, LTE flip phones.

7 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Maybe not even better, at least right there.  Does Sprint allow in-market T-Mobile roaming?  You'd think you'd get a T-Mobile signal if available over VZW.  If user can barely get a Verizon 1X signal, the building must be blocking signals pretty well in general.

8 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Not many (almost nobody) have T mobile here... most are Verizon and AT&T users... they have great indoor coverage... the only one person I know who has T Mob has no issues...but it is only one person... can't really call it on that alone...   😞

Just now, red_dog007 said:

Maybe not even better, at least right there.  Does Sprint allow in-market T-Mobile roaming?  You'd think you'd get a T-Mobile signal if available over VZW.  If user can barely get a Verizon 1X signal, the building must be blocking signals pretty well in general.

Yes they do but probably not in my market or yours. I cannot wait for them to turn on full roaming on each other's networks.

• Like 1