Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

you and me both!  Would help a lot!    Capacity would be better from that aspect alone.   "Cell-Breathing" is a huge issue in this area because it's the heart of industry... very busy area and throw a major Airport in the mix also....  

It is what is being implied. It's the fact that you need a compatible phone that supports CDMA to run on Sprint.  This rules out loads of phones. 

Just a few that come to mind instantly: OnePlus, Huawei, Razor, Hydrogen, Sonim, LTE flip phones.

Most of those likely don't have B25/26 and the one plus 7 could work on Sprint as it has 25,26,41 and VOLTE

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Most of those likely don't have B25/26 and the one plus 7 could work on Sprint as it has 25,26,41 and VOLTE

And this is why others like other side.  Sprint is strict.  The best example is the One Plus.  Even though it DOES have a CDMA radio and supports VoLTE, because it doesn't support like 1x800 they won't take it.

ATT/TMobile don't care.  If its unlocked, it'll take a sim and you get whatever that phone supports.  Only supports B2 LTE, PCS HPSA and GSM, well that is all you get. 

Even phone like say the P30 or Phone 2, they support B26.  Lot of PCS Sprint has is within B2.  Sprint could enable MFBI for B2 to support more devices. If they allowed non-CDMA phones on their network phone makers might go through the touch extra effort to certify B25. 

• Like 2

And this is why others like other side.  Sprint is strict.  The best example is the One Plus.  Even though it DOES have a CDMA radio and supports VoLTE, because it doesn't support like 1x800 they won't take it.
ATT/TMobile don't care.  If its unlocked, it'll take a sim and you get whatever that phone supports.  Only supports B2 LTE, PCS HPSA and GSM, well that is all you get. 
Even phone like say the P30 or Phone 2, they support B26.  Lot of PCS Sprint has is within B2.  Sprint could enable MFBI for B2 to support more devices. If they allowed non-CDMA phones on their network phone makers might go through the touch extra effort to certify B25. 
None of that really mades Sprint is about to make there finally exit and wake up in TMobile land. With today there will be mfbi 2 and 25

3 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

None of that really mades Sprint is about to make there finally exit and wake up in TMobile land. With today there will be mfbi 2 and 25

What did you just write?   I almost complete don't understand what you wrote.. sorry. (Read what you wrote?)     But if I can sorta surmise what you are saying above... Sprint doesn't have to wake up...  because they're gone!  

• Like 1

So how much effort and time will it take between the closing of the deal and my OnePlus 6T on T-mobile being able to connect to B41? Obviously not immediately, but is it an equipment change that's needed or just a permissions adjustment on the backend?

Nothing is going to happen to your 6T on B41 until the merger closes.... maybe late this year. 

Here's a better question.... since this merger is about 2 months late from originally planned, is there an "Updated Integration Plan" available anywhere to see?   Does anyone know.   It was hinted on the T Mo earnings call that they've had a lot more time to plan the integration than originally thought....    I'd like to see or hear what that is.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, afazel said:

So how much effort and time will it take between the closing of the deal and my OnePlus 6T on T-mobile being able to connect to B41? Obviously not immediately, but is it an equipment change that's needed or just a permissions adjustment on the backend?

I don't think anything specific has been said about T-Mobile users being able to use Sprint towers. Why give T-Mobile users extra coverage if you're just going to shut off most of the Sprint towers 3 years later? And since T-Mobile only plans to deploy the EBS/BRS band using the NR airlink from their network, I don't know that your one plus will ever connect to B41.

It's possible, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I don't think anything specific has been said about T-Mobile users being able to use Sprint towers. Why give T-Mobile users extra coverage if you're just going to shut off most of the Sprint towers 3 years later? And since T-Mobile only plans to deploy the EBS/BRS band using the NR airlink from their network, I don't know that your one plus will ever connect to B41.
T-Mobile customers will have access to Sprint sites and T-Mobile is keeping 10,000 of them

2 hours ago, greenbastard said:

Redundant sites will be collocated and the original Sprint site decommissioned yes, but anywhere the Sprint site adds to T-Mobile coverage they will be retained, with T-Mobile bands added. Coverage should only grow, not shrink.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Redundant sites will be collocated and the original Sprint site decommissioned yes, but anywhere the Sprint site adds to T-Mobile coverage they will be retained, with T-Mobile bands added. Coverage should only grow, not shrink.

So basically the entirety of both networks is getting a coverage and capacity audit?

• Like 1

If Dish gets the sites wouldn't they have to just remove 2.5 and 1900? Then let Dish worry about the rest.

If Dish gets the sites wouldn't they have to just remove 2.5 and 1900? Then let Dish worry about the rest.

That might happen. But won't dish require a lot of band 41?

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

That might happen. But won't dish require a lot of band 41?

Dish doesn't get B41. T-Mobile gets to keep all that.

• Like 1

Dish doesn't get B41. T-Mobile gets to keep all that.  

Then what specifically does T-Mobile have to divest besides prepaid

Doesn't dish have Nationwide low band

Yes they will Both 26 and 71