Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

9 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Hmmm... Strange that the paywall went up. I was able to read it.

Apparently you get a few reads, then get blocked. 

And I'm not interested in setting up yet another password enabled account that I will hardly ever use, even though it's free. 

2 hours ago, tommym65 said:

Apparently you get a few reads, then get blocked. 

And I'm not interested in setting up yet another password enabled account that I will hardly ever use, even though it's free. 

During a recent Sprint Corp. town hall, CEO Michel Combes said plans for the executive management of new T-Mobile US Inc. are "nearly done" and would represent a "well balanced" mix of talent from both companies.

Combes said Sprint's (NYSE: S) leadership is working with T-Mobile COO Mike Sievert on announcing the executive team in tandem, according to a transcript of the meeting filed Wednesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

(TRUNCATED)

Edited by S4GRU
Truncated, S4GRU Posting guidelines prohibit posting an entire article behind a paywall
  • Like 1

TBH at this point, I am sick and tired of Sprint's worthless 3x3 band 26. I want the 10x10 band 71 T-Mobile has. I don't care anymore. I'm going mad!

I'm your area since Sprint is all 5x5,5x5 and 3x3 I would just switch carriers. I can stay for sure everyone else has higher bandwidth TMobile 10x10 B71. Vzw has 10x10 B13,att 10x10 B14 and likely B12 also. Plus those companies mid band BW. Way more than what Sprint has.. There isn't any excuse or reason why B25 isn't 10x10 and 25+25+26 are aggregated by now 

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I'm your area since Sprint is all 5x5,5x5 and 3x3 I would just switch carriers. I can stay for sure everyone else has higher bandwidth TMobile 10x10 B71. Vzw has 10x10 B13,att 10x10 B14 and likely B12 also. Plus those companies mid band BW. Way more than what Sprint has.. There isn't any excuse or reason why B25 isn't 10x10 and 25+25+26 are aggregated by now Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I have Verizon on my phone and the congestion is terrible if you aren’t on a mini macro or small cell. T-Mobile is congestion city. AT&T, just no. The thing is band 25 actually does alright. What irritates me is that even though there is good band 25 available my devices want to grab on to band 26 and I don’t know why.

I have Verizon on my phone and the congestion is terrible if you aren’t on a mini macro or small cell. T-Mobile is congestion city. AT&T, just no. The thing is band 25 actually does alright. What irritates me is that even though there is good band 25 available my devices want to grab on to band 26 and I don’t know why.
You could turn off b26 if you know your MSL Code.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

This is a perfect example why the merger would be good.   When you combine what T Mo has with Sprint... and T Mobile's willingness and ability to work on the network ... it could only help this situation.   

• Like 1

I do question why they even bothered deploying a 3x3 LTE carrier. It's won't work most of the time and when it does work it'll be too slow to be useful so why even bother deploying it? 
To help with coverage. It will add 17 Mbps if they aggregated it with B25. But yeah B71 10x10 is better, wonder if TMO will ever do 15x15 in your area since they bought 20x20

Just now, Tengen31 said:

To help with coverage. It will add 17 Mbps if they aggregated it with B25. But yeah B71 10x10 is better, wonder if TMO will ever do 15x15 in your area since they bought 20x20

What's the point of coverage that doesn't work? I don't think I've seen any 15x15 band 71 yet. I know they were bumping some areas from 5x5 to 10x10. 

• Like 2

What's the point of coverage that doesn't work? I don't think I've seen any 15x15 band 71 yet. I know they were bumping some areas from 5x5 to 10x10. 

I always said that. Unusable speeds is the same as no coverage imo. There is no excuse for them not having interband CA by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

I always said that. Unusable speeds is the same as no coverage imo. There is no excuse for them not having interband CA by now.

100% agree. Data that doesn't work is the same as having no data coverage. I did see 26+25 aggregation here once. Haven't seen it since.

• Like 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I see TMobile doing CA across all bands. Seeing 2 or 25 and 66 with 3x41 for, 25+66+41+41+41 would be awesome a new phone will be required for that n for current their is other combos 

100% agree. Data that doesn't work is the same as having no data coverage. I did see 26+25 aggregation here once. Haven't seen it since.

Thats why I support the merger, Sprint doesn't have any other low band spectrum even 5x5 isn't enough. In most markets vzw is 10x10 B5 10x10 B13 over the whole country, att has 10x10 B14 available over the whole country, 10x10 B5 in most and 10x10 with a small amount of 5x5 for B12. TMobile might only have 5x5 B12 with couple 10x10 locations and 10x10 in Myrtle Beach SC on B5 but have between 10x10-20x20 on B71 over the whole country. Sprint is just 5x5 over what 80% and 3x3 over the rest.

13 hours ago, dro1984 said:

This is a perfect example why the merger would be good.   When you combine what T Mo has with Sprint... and T Mobile's willingness and ability to work on the network ... it could only help this situation.   

It should help in my Grandparents area where T-Mobile only has 30MHz for LTE and Sprint has 40MHz for LTE. 

It should help in my Grandparents area where T-Mobile only has 30MHz for LTE and Sprint has 40MHz for LTE. 
If Sprint had vzws pocket book I think their network would be way better and I think they would have taken on att in the aws 3 auction and TMO in the 600. 600 being more important.

10 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

My 3x3 B26 works fine for me, when I'm on it.  Usually in my basement.

1 hour ago, clbowens said:

My 3x3 B26 works fine for me, when I'm on it.  Usually in my basement.

I can echo this experience throughout most of Seattle. 3x3 L800 is hard to find, but it always works when I do encounter it. 

20 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

I do question why they even bothered deploying a 3x3 LTE carrier. It's won't work most of the time and when it does work it'll be too slow to be useful so why even bother deploying it? 

Here in Western Washington the 3x3 B26 LTE carrier works better than Sprint's 5x5 in most markets.  The key is having a robust network on other bands, good density and aggressive band switching when other bands are available.  Samsung and Sprint have nailed it here.  One of the best markets in the country.

Robert

• Like 2