lilotimz

Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL User Thread

4 CA DL, 256/64 QAM, limited MIMO streams (~750 mbps max), No UL CA. 

Supports 
GSM 850 , 1900
WCDMA Bands 2/4/5
CDMA BC: 0 / 1 / 10
LTE Bands: 2 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 12 / 13 / 17 / 25 / 26 / 29 / 30 / 38 / 41 / 46 / 66 / 71

25+25
25+26
25+41
26+41
41+41 non contig 
41 contig

XqLBrHH.jpg

• Like 3

No UL CA??  I do not really need the perfect phone with all the bells and whistles, but my next phone will have UL CA.

How could this phone not have it?? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lilotimz said:

4 CA DL, 256/64 QAM, limited MIMO streams (~750 mbps max), No UL CA. 

Supports 
GSM 850 , 1900
WCDMA Bands 2/4/5
CDMA BC: 0 / 1 / 10
LTE Bands: 2 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 12 / 13 / 17 / 25 / 26 / 29 / 30 / 38 / 41 / 46 / 66 / 71

25+25
25+26
25+41
26+41
41+41 non contig 
41 contig

XqLBrHH.jpg

Where in the report is the UL CA usually listed?

25 minutes ago, Thomas L. said:

Where in the report is the UL CA usually listed?

If UL CA is supported, as it's transmission from a device, it must be declared and listed. Under LTE Carrier Aggregations supported it'll declare downlink and uplink if so. 

I guess they took the approach as Apple does.  

• Like 1

How often are you uploading where you need CA UL?

no UL CA? WTF? WILL BE SKIPPING...

• Like 1

Can someone confirm the specific Sprint sim card required for these phones? Part number would be great!

• Like 2

Does the Pixel 3 at least support HPUE?

3 hours ago, though said:

Does the Pixel 3 at least support HPUE?

Yes it does.

6 minutes ago, jakeuten said:

Yes it does.

Good deal. Wish it also supported UL CA ?

anyone know if I can use same SIM as my original Pixel XL?

I had to get a new SIM when going from Pixel 1 to Pixel 2.  Hopefully, this won't be necessary when going from Pixel 2 to Pixel 3 which should be arriving on Monday for me.

And someday, we'll get the eSIM working, but that might require CDMA to be decommissioned.

1 hour ago, crazy_vag said:

I had to get a new SIM when going from Pixel 1 to Pixel 2.  Hopefully, this won't be necessary when going from Pixel 2 to Pixel 3 which should be arriving on Monday for me.

And someday, we'll get the eSIM working, but that might require CDMA to be decommissioned.

Cough 

>> https://s4gru.com/forums/topic/7833-the-s4gru-byod-sim-compatibility-chart/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crazy_vag said:

Geez... Am I reading this chart right?  Pixel 1, 2 and 3 all require different SIM????

Si. 

CSIM. ISIM. ISIM whatever V now. It's the one used for this generations devices which has CDMA+LTE authentication on the Sim. Needed for future hot swapping. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if I should laugh or cry at fact that each year, Sprint requires a new SIM or is incapable of field upgrading the existing ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Nexus 6 was the last Pixel\Nexus that had wireless charging, so it was the last one worth considering. Now it's back.

Is the Pixel 3 an RF powerhouse like the Nexus 6 was?

On 10/9/2018 at 9:40 AM, though said:

Can someone confirm the specific Sprint sim card required for these phones? Part number would be great!

https://old.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/9p533m/abysmal_service_re_pixel_3_xl_sim_card/e7z6cwf/

SKU UPC Part Number  
CZ4114TLWQ 854798005224 SIMOLW416TQ  
CZ2114TLWQ 19962041648 SIMGLW416TQ  
  760492044714   Care/Telesales SIM Kit
  760492044707 SIMOLW516TQ

Retail/Dealer 4-in-1 BYOD SIM Kit

23 hours ago, nexuss4g said:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/9p533m/abysmal_service_re_pixel_3_xl_sim_card/e7z6cwf/

SKU UPC Part Number  
CZ4114TLWQ 854798005224 SIMOLW416TQ  
CZ2114TLWQ 19962041648 SIMGLW416TQ  
  760492044714   Care/Telesales SIM Kit
  760492044707 SIMOLW516TQ

Retail/Dealer 4-in-1 BYOD SIM Kit

I got my SIM in the mail yesterday.  It's Part Number: SIMOLW416TQ.

My Pixel 3 XL is still a day away, so it'll arrive on Monday, unless Fedex delivers on Saturday or Sunday.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 9:45 AM, nexuss4g said:

Someone on reddit posted that Wi-Fi Calling works on Sprint after enabling the setting. Can someone confirm this? 

https://old.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/9pclec/pixel_3_xl_performance_on_sprint/e81drdx/

Yes, it works. You can choose between "Mobile preferred" (default) and "Wi-Fi preferred."

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Is this Sim card available at best buy 

On 10/23/2018 at 1:24 AM, Swordfish said:

Is this Sim card available at best buy 

Some folks on r/sprint have reported successfully getting the right SIM card at Best Buy (it is the same one used for the iPhone XS).

I don't think the Boost Mobile BYOD pack has been updated yet to include the 516TQ SIM card.

5 hours ago, lordsutch said:

Some folks on r/sprint have reported successfully getting the right SIM card at Best Buy (it is the same one used for the iPhone XS).

I don't think the Boost Mobile BYOD pack has been updated yet to include the 516TQ SIM card.

Ok thanks for letting me know. I got the Boost Mobile for the pixel 2 last year and used it. I think between trying to get a sprint sim card and the pixel 3 being new with few cases available for purchase I'll probably wait to order for a few months until hopefully things get sorted. I don't mind paying for a card at best buy if it means in and out vs. trying to work with Sprint and the long back and forth.