Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL User Thread

lilotimz

On 9/26/2019 at 9:13 AM, ingenium said:

Wait you never even get to login to your Sprint account? I don't think that's Sprint related then. This might be a silly question, but you're on wifi when you try to add the eSIM right?

Do you have a regular Sprint account? Or is it through an MVNO?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yep... on regular sprint plan.  I tried it on my old phone which is no longer on my account, and I do get the login prompts.  Tried it on my activated phone, but got an error.  

Let's hope Pixel 4 works with eSIM out of the box.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble w/ RCS on the 3XL? 

I activated my 3XL on sprint via eSim about 4 days ago, and the prompt within android messages is not showing as capable. 

I have VoLTE and Wifi calling enabled, but I don't think RCS should be affected by those....

On 10/21/2019 at 12:19 PM, jordanlong20 said:

Is anyone else having trouble w/ RCS on the 3XL? 

I activated my 3XL on sprint via eSim about 4 days ago, and the prompt within android messages is not showing as capable. 

I have VoLTE and Wifi calling enabled, but I don't think RCS should be affected by those....

I got the Pixel 4 XL activated via eSIM and RCS took a few hours longer to activate after LTE, 1x/3G, VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling were all working.  Have you tried checking again recently?

9 minutes ago, crazy_vag said:

I got the Pixel 4 XL activated via eSIM and RCS took a few hours longer to activate after LTE, 1x/3G, VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling were all working.  Have you tried checking again recently?

Thanks for the data point about your experience with the 4XL. 

I read this article which came out over the weekend and toggled it manually (though it could be broken by Google at any point, seems like an official/unsupported means of obtaining RCS)

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/10/26/screw-your-carrier-heres-how-to-enable-rcs-in-the-messages-app-yourself-right-now/

After I followed those steps, it worked for me. With that few people have it. 

• Trip unpinned this topic