Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL User Thread

lilotimz

20 hours ago, maxx880 said:

We had to order the 516TQ Sim in order to activate (no one in Vegas had them in stock). Corporate Store/Customer Care/Online Portal would not allow us to use the Sims we used previously 416tq, nor would it allow us to use a new 416tq. What's different with these SIMs? Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

416tq is only compatible with the Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL

The 516TQ is compatible with the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL

416tq is only compatible with the Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL
The 516TQ is compatible with the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
416tq worked previously, we ported out to Verizon and then ended up coming back and the 416tq no longer worked

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm in Costa Rica right now, and the Pixel 2 XL has dramatically better reception on LTE band 3 and HSPA band 5 than my 3 XL does. Side by side, my 3 will have no service and the 2 has usable service. The 3 drops LTE frequently while moving, but the 2 holds on.

This really does not make any sense at all.  If any manufacturer can not put out a phone with reception that is at least as good as their last model, they have failed and deserve to go bankrupt. 

I also see changes to radios when a software update is done. Many times you have bad reception for a month or two until another update is pushed that restores good reception.

Why push out an update that makes a radio work worse?  Just stupid, but it happens all the time.

Just noticed while placing a call on WiFi to another Sprint user (iPhone,  believe the other person was on WiFi as well as he is out of the country), that the HD icon shows up while in the call. I will post a screenshot in a few. 
Screenshot_20190110-085650.png

• Like 2

On 1/10/2019 at 12:50 PM, nexuss4g said:
Just noticed while placing a call on WiFi to another Sprint user (iPhone,  believe the other person was on WiFi as well as he is out of the country), that the HD icon shows up while in the call. I will post a screenshot in a few. 

I've noticed the HD icon on the dialer screen as well. Doesn't appear to matter if you're on Wi-Fi Calling or not, just when HD Voice is active. 

On another note.. anyone here having the issue with callers hearing you severely muffled and they hear their own echo? Looks like a widespread issue online. I noticed it only occurs on non-HD calls so it's likely a software issue. It's a serious problem though.

-Mike

23 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

I've noticed the HD icon on the dialer screen as well. Doesn't appear to matter if you're on Wi-Fi Calling or not, just when HD Voice is active. 

On another note.. anyone here having the issue with callers hearing you severely muffled and they hear their own echo? Looks like a widespread issue online. I noticed it only occurs on non-HD calls so it's likely a software issue. It's a serious problem though.

-Mike

Interesting, I'm pretty happy as this is the first time I use wifi calling on Android. Had the pixel 2 XL and this feature was not available. I previously had the Moto X Pure and remember seeing the HD icon too as well on my Moto X OG.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nexuss4g said:

Interesting, I'm pretty happy as this is the first time I use wifi calling on Android. Had the pixel 2 XL and this feature was not available. I previously had the Moto X Pure and remember seeing the HD icon too as well on my Moto X OG.

I am loving the Wi-Fi Calling as well. Works great for me, where I have poor signal at home and sometimes have trouble connecting to my Airave 3 because it's hanging onto 1X800.

I should have clarified that the problem I mentioned is not exclusive to Wi-Fi Calling -- it's happening to people on every call, on many different mobile providers worldwide. Shocked that Google's only response so far is to provide warranty replacements (which aren't fixing the issue). Sources: Android Police, Reddit, Google Forums

-Mike

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crazy_vag said:

Any rumors on when VoLTE will be coming to Pixel 3?

Someone here stated that late Feb, they are currently under pilot testing. and also saw the same user post it on reddit.

• Like 2

To add more in regards Wifi HD calling, I just placed a  Wifi call to my neighbor on Verizon, HD logo was shown on the screen and call was crystal clear. I tried calling my sprint iphone and the HD logo does not show 😕  

I also tried doing a 3 way call and that did not work. Seems like its not supported while on wifi. I will try to play with it and see how it works.

• 3 weeks later...
Anymore rumors on VOLTE for Pixel 3 XL? VOLTE on my Wife's iPhone XS Max has been flawless

Last I heard was late January I think? So it should be coming soon, at Sprint Speed[emoji769]

The Feb OTA should be dropping today (always the first Monday of the month), so there's a chance it will be in there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ingenium said:

Last I heard was late January I think? So it should be coming soon, at Sprint Speedemoji769.png

The Feb OTA should be dropping today (always the first Monday of the month), so there's a chance it will be in there.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/02/04/its-pixel-update-time-februarys-images-are-available-to-download/#1

I have been having a couple issues with my Pixel 3xl on Sprint

First, RCS has been working but when sending images to another Pixel 3XL on sprint, the images are now compressed.  On my previous Samsung, using either the samsung messages app or google messages, the images would get sent full res.  Does anyone else notice this issue?

Second, I have noticed that my Pixel 3 xl will fall back to 3g more often then on my previous phones and will get stuck on 3g and wont switch back to LTE unless i force it to by toggling airplane mode.  It just stays on 3g instead going back to LTE even though i know that a strong LTE signal is available.  Any insights or fixes?

23 hours ago, lvpanerai said:

Second, I have noticed that my Pixel 3 xl will fall back to 3g more often then on my previous phones and will get stuck on 3g and wont switch back to LTE unless i force it to by toggling airplane mode.  It just stays on 3g instead going back to LTE even though i know that a strong LTE signal is available.  Any insights or fixes?

I've seen that too.  I once left it on 3g to see how long it would take, and it stayed that way for the whole 45 minute train ride + 10 minute Lyft ride.  By then I was on work WiFi and WiFi calling kicked in, so it doesn't see any LTE along the way.

On 2/8/2019 at 6:08 PM, lvpanerai said:

About a month ago, I started noticing my Pixel 3 (non-XL) wouldn't reconnect to LTE after it had dropped to 3G but only in certain areas. I haven't noticed a pattern other than it definitely doesn't happen in some areas. For example, near my home, I have poor signal and it drops to 3G often, but it always goes back to LTE as soon as it should.

-Mike

• 4 weeks later...

yeah.. My Pixel 3XL on Sprint has also seen its network issues share, in which it will drop to 3G and stay there, or it will go into Roaming, giving me incorrect system time, etc etc,....

After the update, my P3 still loves 3G... ugh. Wouldn't be bad if you could reset the radio via the DATA button, but you need a full Airplane Mode cycle to get that back - and you lose music, bluetooth and tethering connections in the process.

After the update, my P3 still loves 3G... ugh. Wouldn't be bad if you could reset the radio via the DATA button, but you need a full Airplane Mode cycle to get that back - and you lose music, bluetooth and tethering connections in the process.
If you are rooted and have SignalCheck Pro, trigger the mobile connection reset feature within the app. That will set your airplane mode to only impact the mobile connection no matter what app is triggering it. It *might* need a reboot after but I don't think so.

-Mike

There is an adb command that you can run, without root I think, that sets what radios are affected by airplane mode. I set mine to not disable Bluetooth. Get an adb shell and run:

settings put global airplane_mode_radios cell,wifi,wimax

You can leave out wifi if you don't want it affected by airplane mode. The default list is cell,bluetooth,wifi,nfc,wimax

• Like 1

• Trip unpinned this topic