Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

According to their CTO which used to post here Tmobile is launching 4x4 mimo which would create peak speeds of 300 megabits down. I wonder if Marcelo and the network team will try to up Tmobile since the 8T8R macro sites are future proof up to 2.6 gigabits.

T-Mobile is just upgrading their AIR21 equipment to AIR32 for 4x2MIMO support. AIR21 only supports 2x2MIMO, so AIR32 will enable 4x2MIMO in Ericsson markets. NSN markets have had capable equipment deployed for about a year now.

Nobody can launch 4x4MIMO until devices support 4x receive diversity. There are currently no announced devices with that support. Sprint's 8T8R equipment has been ready for that since day one. As soon as there are devices that support it, Sprint can enable it.

• Like 7

T-Mobile is just upgrading their AIR21 equipment to AIR32 for 4x2MIMO support. AIR21 only supports 2x2MIMO, so AIR32 will enable 4x2MIMO in Ericsson markets. NSN markets have had capable equipment deployed for about a year now.

Also exist Band 4 4T4R RRUS32 if they want to use those for non AIR setups. 

Nobody can launch 4x4MIMO until devices support 4x receive diversity. There are currently no announced devices with that support. Sprint's 8T8R equipment has been ready for that since day one. As soon as there are devices that support it, Sprint can enable it.

Thanks for that information. Greatly appreciated.

Band 41 penetrates really well if Power levels are raised, Same with T-Mobile

At equivalent power levels, Band 4 is way better than Band 41 at penetrating buildings. That's not even an argument. Sure, Sprint could mess with power levels, but unfortunately with densification that won't be ideal for the network in terms of interference.

1700/2100 AWS is penetrating better than AWS LTE, because power-levels for some odd reason are higher on HSPA than LTE.

I'm comparing Band 4 LTE for T-Mobile with Sprint B41 LTE. Don't know where you got the idea that I was comparing W-CDMA to LTE.

I'd say Band 41 Can penetrate really well if optimized with 8T8R and downtilt is adjusted, I have this huge 3,000FT tower in my area and clearwire is at the very top and it penetrates VERY well through concrete and steel

Umm what? Some of the tallest communication masts in the world are a little over 2000 feet and only TV and Radio use that much height for their antennas. Unless your neighborhood is right next to the Burj Khalifa, there is no way you can even round up to 3000 feet.

Sometimes, we need to take off the Sprint colored sunglasses and call it like it is. Band 41 may improve over time with market adjustments, but let's not kid ourselves by saying Band 41 is as close as band 4 in terms of indoor coverage. Sprint skipping out on the 600 Mhz auction may cost them dearly in spectrum constrained markets. Two 5x5 carriers (800/1900) are not cutting it for indoor users in some current Spark markets. B41 is not the savior some people are making it out to be. I'd like to be proven wrong, but there is just so much you can do against physics; be it densification or 8t8r radio deployment.

At equivalent power levels, Band 4 is way better than Band 41 at penetrating buildings. That's not even an argument. Sure, Sprint could mess with power levels, but unfortunately with densification that won't be ideal for the network in terms of interference.

I'm comparing Band 4 LTE for T-Mobile with Sprint B41 LTE. Don't know where you got the idea that I was comparing W-CDMA to LTE.

Umm what? Some of the tallest communication masts in the world are a little over 2000 feet and only TV and Radio use that much height for their antennas. Unless your neighborhood is right next to the Burj Khalifa, there is no way you can even round up to 3000 feet.

Sometimes, we need to take off the Sprint colored sunglasses and call it like it is. Band 41 may improve over time with market adjustments, but let's not kid ourselves by saying Band 41 is as close as band 4 in terms of indoor coverage. Sprint skipping out on the 600 Mhz auction may cost them dearly in spectrum constrained markets. Two 5x5 carriers (800/1900) are not cutting it for indoor users in some current Spark markets. B41 is not the savior some people are making it out to be. I'd like to be proven wrong, but there is just so much you can do against physics; be it densification or 8t8r radio deployment.

We'll see, what NGN has to offer with Pico Cells, Marco Cells and small cells..

Okay, maybe 3K feet is too much, it's actually like 185Ft

http://www.antennasearch.com/sitestart.asp?sourcepagename=antennachecktowerreview&getpagename=pgtowerdetail_fcc&cmdrequest=getpage&ipos=2&registration_number=1006368

Maybe who knows 600Mhz may not be the last and final auction?

Actually I'd argue that it would be easier to mitigate interference with a high density network because Band 41 is such a "high band". Tat probably arises with all bands but is likely less of an issue when you're using high bands. The NYC for example, T-Mobile has a super dense Band 4 network but their 700MHz network likely can't be deployed on all sites or at least not at full power out of fear that interference would be to great.

Sprint skipping out on 600MHz will likely not cost them dearly at all. Yes Sprint is running 3 carriers in most place, one Band 25, one Band 26, and one Band 41. But Sprint is already in the process of adding another Band 25 carrier and another Band 41 carrier where available (the number of these markets outnumbers those that are spectrum constrained). Additionally those spectrum constrained markets are only constrained in PCS, not in Band 41.

Densification and 8T8R radios are exactly as good as people make it out to be. The point is not that they work against physics, it's that physics makes it better. It's obvious that you're looking at this strictly from a low band - high band perspective and not the fact that the more sites their are, the more capacity there is so you get faster speeds. Also, you're more likely to have a site near you that will be broadcasting a signal much closer to your home, giving you a stronger signal indoors. That's not hard to figure out. 8T8R and CA will mean that you'll have a much better experience even at a low signal while on Band 41.

• Like 3

Densification and 8T8R radios are exactly as good as people make it out to be. The point is not that they work against physics, it's that physics makes it better. It's obvious that you're looking at this strictly from a low band - high band perspective and not the fact that the more sites their are, the more capacity there is so you get faster speeds. Also, you're more likely to have a site near you that will be broadcasting a signal much closer to your home, giving you a stronger signal indoors. That's not hard to figure out. 8T8R and CA will mean that you'll have a much better experience even at a low signal while on Band 41.

Just to add to this, 10Mhz (5Mhz in B25 and B26 each) is more than enough when it comes to B41 offloading a ton of users in congested areas.  For each user that gets onto B41, the less congested B25/B26 get, which will make it optimal in many scenarios.

• Like 2

Well T-Mobile added to their website the Sprint promo. As I was reading through it, I noticed this little tidbit.

b955cb39242f51d77a52b8179dbb89ae.jpg

Why leave out Atlanta...kinda jank if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well T-Mobile added to their website the Sprint promo. As I was reading through it, I noticed this little tidbit. b955cb39242f51d77a52b8179dbb89ae.jpg

That's really strange...

• Like 2

According to their CTO which used to post here Tmobile is launching 4x4 mimo which would create peak speeds of 300 megabits down. I wonder if Marcelo and the network team will try to up Tmobile since the 8T8R macro sites are future proof up to 2.6 gigabits.

What was his user name?

Well T-Mobile added to their website the Sprint promo. As I was reading through it, I noticed this little tidbit.

b955cb39242f51d77a52b8179dbb89ae.jpg

NSFW but I have to throw this out...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

NSFW but I have to throw this out...

A knock on the do', who is it?

I would happen to know, the one with the flow

Verizon in the Rollz and Sprint's in the bill Cutt Supreme

4G down old Nat, high speed low ping

I split ya stream, as matter' fact I split ya bill

No 3G in the town, gotta stay high on Rootmetric still

Sprint has more towers, Tmobile looks and glowers

Not eligible for TMO advertised promo showers

What a terrible butchering of that noble song

• Like 4

Sprint skipping out on 600MHz will likely not cost them dearly at all. Yes Sprint is running 3 carriers in most place, one Band 25, one Band 26, and one Band 41.

I doubt most of Sprint's network is running all 3 bands. Most of Sprints network is 5x5 band 25/26. I would say maybe only 40% of sites are band 41.

A knock on the do', who is it?

I would happen to know, the one with the flow

Verizon in the Rollz and Sprint's in the bill Cutt Supreme

4G down old Nat, high speed low ping

I split ya stream, as matter' fact I split ya bill

No 3G in the town, gotta stay high on Rootmetric still

Sprint has more towers, Tmobile looks and glowers

Not eligible for TMO advertised promo showers

What a terrible butchering of that noble song

Here in the 618 we have our own version:

I can't rap but the 618 mobile rap would be "Verizon is the only shit that works here, grab yourself a cold beer" or something like that.

Here in the 618 we have our own version:

I can't rap but the 618 mobile rap would be "Verizon is the only shit that works here, grab yourself a cold beer" or something like that.

Depends what part of the 618 you're in. Sprint works great in my neck of the woods
  • Like 2

Depends what part of the 618 you're in. Sprint works great in my neck of the woods

Metro East, yeah. Down where I'm at it's still VZW 1x roaming.