Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

The article on Sprint's new executive workspace was really intriguing. It's a cubicle farm. Didn't see that coming.

Marcelo moved the executive team out of their suites several months ago.  This is not the first article to cover that action.

AJ

• Like 2

Hmm huh I never even looked at the uplink

Yeah over saturated.

I'd never judge though by what happens in a carrier store since I'd assume you're never really on the network, rather a microcell -- no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Majority of stores that I know of don't have repeaters of any kind. Though many have WiFi.

• Like 2

Marcelo moved the executive team out of their suites several months ago.  This is not the first article to cover that action.

AJ

agreed 

people in these roles shouldn't have an office... they should be out and about!   

just my opinion 

AJ

Yep -  and this really isnt anything groudbreaking.  For Sprint, maybe, but for greater corporate America - this has been happening in places all over.

• Like 1

Well beyond what the fcc said. It isnt the best rf in evdo though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I should look it up - not sure where and well you folks are a wealth of info   :-) 

Do we think/know if the Galaxy s6 and Note5 have equal RF properties and results?  

I just picked up a Note5 and WOW it actually works in a area that my last test unit didn't (iPhone 6) so my wife likes the s6 better -- but I must say the Note5 is a very nice unit!  

I will go back to that area tomorrow while its sunny out and try again...  as that area is my only reason for not having Sprint.   

I should look it up - not sure where and well you folks are a wealth of info :-)

Do we think/know if the Galaxy s6 and Note5 have equal RF properties and results?

I just picked up a Note5 and WOW it actually works in a area that my last test unit didn't (iPhone 6) so my wife likes the s6 better -- but I must say the Note5 is a very nice unit!

I will go back to that area tomorrow while its sunny out and try again... as that area is my only reason for not having Sprint.

I've only seen two areas where I frequently go to that have shit service, err well little to no usable data. Voice and text work great, but then again no matter the network its basically a dead zone. So I don't feel too bad, once Sprint optimizes B26 everything should be great. Love forgetting that I have WiFi disabled when I get home from work, can't even tell a difference between LTE.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Very true. The only question left is if 480p netflix is sufficient for tv viewing. I am guessing it wouldn't be good enough and would bother most people to watch on a screen larger than a tablet.

You're kidding right? You realize that the world has been watching TV just fine at much less than 480p for over 50 years? On big boy TV's nonetheless. The idea that we're talking about whether 480p is "acceptable" for a 5" screen is ridiculous.

actually reddit has a lot of comments on that, the general opinion is its good enough. that surprises me I figured it would look fair on a mobile screen and poor on a big screen, I have not see this myself I did a test on my iphone 6 plus playing 420P it looks ok... but certainly nothing i would want on my 55 inch flat screen, so either t mobile is using some advanced form of compression, its not truly 480P (720P?) or people just don't know what they are talking about.... this will get sorted out in time and we will see the true effects of this "free" service soontm.

• Like 4

You're kidding right? You realize that the world has been watching TV just fine at much less than 480p for over 50 years? On big boy TV's nonetheless. The idea that we're talking about whether 480p is "acceptable" for a 5" screen is ridiculous.

Yup

Just use the YouTube app, and adjust the quality. Anything above 240 is watchable for longer durations. 480 is very good IMHO. Does 720 or 1080 look better of course....

• Like 1

i said it looks ok, but not a level of quality that would make me give up home internet and use hotspot + binge on for home use.  your right people used to listen to tv shows on the radio, then watch them in black and white, they also used to use a hand crank to start their cars....  could u use a flip phone? yes but you choose to use a galaxy s6 active (according to your profile) you could certainly use something old, but you prefer a newer nice phone, i prefer something higher than 480P.  Neither opinion is wrong but i would prefer you not mock my opinions just because they differ from yours.  Thanks,   Nick

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3u4pi8/tmobile_super_congested_or_backhaul/

15x15 getting congestion, Still think Binge On is a good idea? More like #cringeon

Even VOLTE won't work

not a surprise, it can happen to any provider regardless of amount of deployed spectrum.  love how they always blame it on backhaul and then say middle of the night is still 100+.

i said it looks ok, but not a level of quality that would make me give up home internet and use hotspot + binge on for home use. your right people used to listen to tv shows on the radio, then watch them in black and white, they also used to use a hand crank to start their cars.... could u use a flip phone? yes but you choose to use a galaxy s6 active (according to your profile) you could certainly use something old, but you prefer a newer nice phone, i prefer something higher than 480P. Neither opinion is wrong but i would prefer you not mock my opinions just because they differ from yours. Thanks, Nick

I was not responding to your comment. I was responding to Cletus. Specifically, I was responding to the use of his word sufficient.
  • Like 2

Yeah that comment was in regards to TV resolution. I am sure it is acceptable/adequate for a 5" screen/tablet. I wasn't arguing that at all. However, the difference between 480p and 720p/1080p is pretty noticeable when watching streaming video on my TV when I tried it this morning with Youtube. Even 720p is roughly 3 times the pixels shown compared to 480p with 1080p a bit over 6 times the pixels shown. I totally get that 480p is DVD quality but that "480p quality" can vary quite a bit depending on codecs used. Noticeably for black areas on the screen.

I don't think I am being elitist or anything when I point out that all my normal TV channels are at least 1080i and I haven't bought a DVD for nearly 9 years now! I had to actually go look up when Blu-Ray came out and was surprised how long ago it was. To me the jump from DVD-> Blu-Ray was a bigger difference than VHS->DVD. I can't remember the last time I streamed Netflix in non 1080p+ actually.

My point is that I am not sure such a step backwards in quality would be worth it for me to consider dropping unlimited if I was on the Tmobile $85 plan or to use the Tmobile service as a home internet replacement like a few people are suggesting. My original skepticism stands as I am not convinced 480p is sufficient in the modern age of tv viewing. 

• Like 6

not a surprise, it can happen to any provider regardless of amount of deployed spectrum. love how they always blame it on backhaul and then say middle of the night is still 100+.

It only shows the theoretical capacity, which frankly should be 150 Mbps on an empty 20x20 AWS LTE channel next to the site. Yet this is brought up as a great achievement if a 3 AM speed test finds this speed. Duh, that's what it should get.

• Like 1

It only shows the theoretical capacity, which frankly should be 150 Mbps on an empty 20x20 AWS LTE channel next to the site. Yet this is brought up as a great achievement if a 3 AM speed test finds this speed. Duh, that's what it should get.

But, it's not just any kind of AWS. It's T-Mobile's AWS. That makes it special. Also, so long as you can get 1 megabit or more, that magically makes it acceptable. But not for any other carrier. 

;)

• Like 2

But, it's not just any kind of AWS. It's T-Mobile's AWS. That makes it special. Also, so long as you can get 1 megabit or more, that magically makes it acceptable. But not for any other carrier.

;)

They feed their AWS pixie dust farmed from unicorns. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

But, it's not just any kind of AWS. It's T-Mobile's AWS. That makes it special. Also, so long as you can get 1 megabit or more, that magically makes it acceptable. But not for any other carrier. 

;)

Nah,  the magentans believe they will stay ahead of Sprint, Verizon etc because they have only used 45% of their spectrum holdings for LTE, in addition they LAA WiFi will save them of congestions. 

I exposed that troll Cortez with a bait I set up.  He up my comment when I said Tmobile cult wants Sprint 120mhz spectrum holdings. That is why they hate the company  because of it's big spectrum holdings. 

Legere is basically the creation of the Sprint board. Had they allowed Hesse to buy metro PCS tmobile would be in a weak position, and Legere would had never been around. 

• Like 10

Nah, the magentans believe they will stay ahead of Sprint, Verizon etc because they have only used 45% of their spectrum holdings for LTE, in addition they LAA WiFi will save them of congestions.

I exposed that troll Cortez with a bait I set up. He up my comment when I said Tmobile cult wants Sprint 120mhz spectrum holdings. That is why they hate the company because of it's big spectrum holdings.

Legere is basically the creation of the Sprint board. Had they allowed Hesse to buy metro PCS tmobile would be in a weak position, and Legere would had never been around.

"Sprints high band spectrum is useless...it can't even penetrate paper!"

"T-Mobile is utilizing 5Ghz unlicensed spectrum and will make things work!"

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 11

Sent from my Nexus 5X

There was one on periscope where Legere was saying Sprint's High band spectrum can't penetrate a paper bag..

Yet T-Mobile is going to use 5Ghz

Oh btw.. Who want's to see a T-Mobile site with a unplugged antenna for the past 2 MONTHS now

• Like 5

Nah,  the magentans believe they will stay ahead of Sprint, Verizon etc because they have only used 45% of their spectrum holdings for LTE, in addition they LAA WiFi will save them of congestions.

Agreed. It's sad how seriously they take it. No wonder the dumbest of them hate this site.

Excellent quote. I agree and although it's over now that had to be among Hesse's greatest moves (love or hate him) and the Board's dumbest mistake.

That was by far the greatest nonsense they were spewing and it was funny. It's gotten old, but when you do see those residual comments still being made, it's got to make you chuckle. What idiots.

• Like 4

Sh%T T-Mobile users will say

Slow Speeds

1. They're upgrading the tower
  2. You need a Band 12 phone
  3. Do you have a Band 12 Phone?
  4. Doesn't matter 1Mbps or 30Mbps, It still works
  5. What's your location?
  6. Try a new SIM Card
  7. Doesn't matter T-Mobile is the #Uncarrier!
  8. Tweet John, Email John

​Low Signal

1. Did you get a booster?
  2. Did you get the WiFi Router?
  3. Did you get a new SIM card?
  4. Do you have a Band 12 Phone?
  5. Try turning off LTE?
  6. They're working on the tower
  7. Use WiFi Calling
  8. Tweet John, Email John

Lastly, checkout this congestion.. Still think Being On is a good idea? More like #Cringeon

702e2c8f01.png

Here's the tests, http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1579211071 WOW AMAZING.. For 5;30 AM

4PM, Not too bad! http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1580101204

6PM! Time to Binge on!!! http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1580202966

• Like 9

What's crazy is when Sprint was starting to roll out b41 Sprint users would say the same stuff about what phone you have, location and the towers are being upgraded and the T-Tribe were quick to call out Sprint. Now look at it and how the tables turned and now they are asking the same questions.

OH you left one out.."tweet John and let him know"

• Like 5

What's crazy is when Sprint was starting to roll out b41 Sprint users would say the same stuff about what phone you have, location and the towers are being upgraded and the T-Tribe were quick to call out Sprint. Now look at it and how the tables turned and now they are asking the same questions.

OH you left one out.."tweet John and let him know"

Tweet and Email added ;)

Ahh they are cute with those name tags "recovery Sprint victim" on the reddit forum. You have to give them credit because they are tmobile policymakers, that is the place where Legere gets his uncarrier ideas.

For the last two years they have credited oakla as the source of their fast LTE network, but now since binge on, and all the free candy Legere is giving they are changing the narrative. Now they say 5 megabits down is enough for everything, and in two weeks they will discredit oakla as not accurate for network speed testing .

• Like 4

Holy cow, that 0.5 Mbps download, 20 Mbps upload is the worst example of asymmetric network congestion that I have ever seen.  I would peg it as experimental error or statistical anomaly, but the 20 Mbps upload appears fairly consistent at that location throughout the day.

AJ

• Like 11