Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

The difference between us "iSheep" and TMO fanboys is that we have a vastly superior product. That's why we buy Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compared to T-Mobile? Yes. Compared to Galaxy and Nexus phones? That gap is narrow and in my case the Galaxy might be even better for my use. Never even thought that I'd get a phone this big but it's the smallest big phone I have ever used.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Compared to T-Mobile? Yes. Compared to Galaxy and Nexus phones? That gap is narrow and in my case the Galaxy might be even better for my use. Never even thought that I'd get a phone this big but it's the smallest big phone I have ever used.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Compared to TMO.

Apple is a premium product that I have no problem paying a premium to own (or lease, natch). The closest carrier comparison to Apple would be Verizon.

• Like 2

Samsung Galaxy Note 5.  The Smallest Big Phone I Have Ever Used.

BiggestLittleCityinThe-World.jpg

AJ

• Like 10

We do not have an AT&T thread, so this is the best policy discussion location.

AT&T, too, is bumping up rates on grandfathered "unlimited" data plans:

http://www.cnet.com/news/at-t-really-wants-you-off-that-unlimited-data-plan/

AJ

• Like 6

This T-Mobile dude basically says Sprint works well for him but he's willing to pay more for T-Mobile even though the service sucks for him, just because he loves T-Mobile.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

This is the dumbest crap I've ever seen.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 5

Probably dude likes the versatility of swapping phones at a instant (pending sim size for phone) also the dream of having that great service that others brag about. I read the thread and it seems like T-Mobile is in no rush to fix things there. But I think it's crazy that he switched because he doesn't like the CEO. That Marcelo guy has that city top notch but to each it's own. His money not mine.

• Like 3

Probably dude likes the versatility of swapping phones at a instant (pending sim size for phone) also the dream of having that great service that others brag about. I read the thread and it seems like T-Mobile is in no rush to fix things there. But I think it's crazy that he switched because he doesn't like the CEO. That Marcelo guy has that city top notch but to each it's own. His money not mine.

I think he falls into the age group that T-Mobile targets.  The impressionable.  With this targeted group, T-Mobile can even sell their product if it doesn't work.  It's the cool new thing to do.  I think the dude doesn't like Marcelo because he doesn't give new customers the promotions, while Legere does, but everything Legere has implemented were actually price increases (albeit with more perks.) So I'm lost on his understanding. 

• Like 1

I think he falls into the age group that T-Mobile targets. The impressionable. With this targeted group, T-Mobile can even sell their product if it doesn't work. It's the cool new thing to do. I think the dude doesn't like Marcelo because he doesn't give new customers the promotions, while Legere does, but everything Legere has implemented were actually price increases (albeit with more perks.) So I'm lost on his understanding.

I'm within the age bracket too but I'm not going to drop what works for me to go elsewhere and have a lesser experience. That's a good way to put it. More recently John has increased prices but masked it with perks. I'll say this though, both John and Marcelo are one of the same. They knew when the network was crap they could just give away at cheaper rates but as the networks improved they started raising prices and to me it's only fair.

• Like 4

I'm within the age bracket too but I'm not going to drop what works for me to go elsewhere and have a lesser experience. That's a good way to put it. More recently John has increased prices but masked it with perks. I'll say this though, both John and Marcelo are one of the same. They knew when the network was crap they could just give away at cheaper rates but as the networks improved they started raising prices and to me it's only fair.

There will be those exceptions, and I agree with you. I'm also in that age group, but I too shop for what works. Sprint may be slow in my area but they work. Also, Marcelo is letting me keep my amazing grandfathered plan and new customers get the same thing I do, with the tethering, as the cost of $20+/line! So I'll stick with my ED1500.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 2

That's crazy because i couldn't have Sprint if I didn't have roaming... Just for those days that i do actually leave town. But really the only two I roam on around here is us cellular and cellcom. What I need roaming for is phone calls if anything were to happen. I guess it's just peace of mind to know I will always at least be able to make calls. I actually used to work out of town, and roamed 10 hours a day 5 days a week and I could always use voice and text, data was hit or miss but that's not what I need roaming for, just my opinion.

I'm glad it works for you. I went on a road trip this summer to the Arizona Mogollon Rim.  Not a lot of sprint service, however I did get a nearly 4-bar Verizon roaming signal.  I tried to text. failed.  I tried to check email. timed out.  I rebooted the phone.  Same results.  Asked my wife if she could do anything.  Same problems.  Phone calls went through, but took a very long time to connect and quality was awful.  Battery got drained like it was searching for a signal. Roaming has never worked well for me.

• Like 1

I'm glad it works for you. I went on a road trip this summer to the Arizona Mogollon Rim. Not a lot of sprint service, however I did get a nearly 4-bar Verizon roaming signal. I tried to text. failed. I tried to check email. timed out. I rebooted the phone. Same results. Asked my wife if she could do anything. Same problems. Phone calls went through, but took a very long time to connect and quality was awful. Battery got drained like it was searching for a signal. Roaming has never worked well for me.

Wow, that sounds awful. I have had the opposite experience roaming on Verizon. All over Northern New Mexico, Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming and South Dakota. Works great. Except for slow 1x speeds and the battery life. I have to stay plugged in while roaming.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 2

I'm glad it works for you. I went on a road trip this summer to the Arizona Mogollon Rim.  Not a lot of sprint service, however I did get a nearly 4-bar Verizon roaming signal.  I tried to text. failed.  I tried to check email. timed out.  I rebooted the phone.  Same results.  Asked my wife if she could do anything.  Same problems.  Phone calls went through, but took a very long time to connect and quality was awful.  Battery got drained like it was searching for a signal. Roaming has never worked well for me.

Verizon roaming was pretty terrible in western Maryland last time I used it as well. Basically no service, phone calls even with 3-4 bars of 1x would take several minutes to connect and drop quite easily. It's odd, because Verizon phones did not have the same problems. I would receive incoming texts, late...but they would come in.

• Like 1

Verizon roaming was pretty terrible in western Maryland last time I used it as well. Basically no service, phone calls even with 3-4 bars of 1x would take several minutes to connect and drop quite easily. It's odd, because Verizon phones did not have the same problems. I would receive incoming texts, late...but they would come in.

Yeah, it's better just to not have service in those areas. Like on Tmo, right?

• Like 1

Yeah, it's better just to not have service in those areas. Like on Tmo, right?

T-Mobile covers western Maryland now. I have no clue if its native, roaming agreement, or what. But it's solid pink on the maps. But if it's what I'm expecting, it's a handful of band 12 towers per county. So if I'm lucky, I might be able to do something for a period of time!

T-Mobile covers western Maryland now. I have no clue if its native, roaming agreement, or what. But it's solid pink on the maps. But if it's what I'm expecting, it's a handful of band 12 towers per county. So if I'm lucky, I might be able to do something for a period of time!

Yeah, Band 12 is very spotty or non existent in their lightest gradient color on their maps. But their ever expanding rural coverage is making these journeys a little more useful.

Wow, that sounds awful. I have had the opposite experience roaming on Verizon. All over Northern New Mexico, Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming and South Dakota. Works great. Except for slow 1x speeds and the battery life. I have to stay plugged in while roaming.

It's those types of situations where it's nice to have the option to force roaming. I have to do this quite often in fringe areas or else my phone will get stuck in a loop trying to connect to an unusable Sprint signal.

• Like 1

It's those types of situations where it's nice to have the option to force roaming. I have to do this quite often in fringe areas or else my phone will get stuck in a loop trying to connect to an unusable Sprint signal.

Yeah, I would love to be able to force roaming using AT&T in Nebraska. So many places with great Viaero coverage and either AT&T will hold on to a non usable distant WCDMA site or refuses to scan for roaming for 10-15 minutes after losing. Airplane mode doesn't help in those instances either.

It almost seems like AT&T delays authentication for roaming, hoping you will travel back in coverage. Although I can't prove it. But I can recreate it, on every device. Even standing next to a Viaero tower and not move for 15 minutes. And then just watch it miraculously appear.

• Like 1

Garrett County has a grand total of 3 T-Mobile sites, one of which overlooks Frostburg.  Compare with at least 9 US Cellular, or 10 AT&T.  Verizon has at least 3, all of which are on I-68.

- Trip

• Like 1

That would be a reason, but he specifically states it's because the CEO and he feels T-Mobile cares.

Garrett County has a grand total of 3 T-Mobile sites, one of which overlooks Frostburg.  Compare with at least 9 US Cellular, or 10 AT&T.  Verizon has at least 3, all of which are on I-68.

- Trip

Better than nothing I suppose. Still shouldn't *count* on cell service there. Where does one find out that information?

Never had luck with roaming on Verizon, was always useless.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Really? I never have a problem. Data is slow and sometimes doesn't work, but that isn't any different than 1x on sprint. Voice and text work fine.

Really? I never have a problem. Data is slow and sometimes doesn't work, but that isn't any different than 1x on sprint. Voice and text work fine.

Yep useless, but I haven't seen roaming since 1x800 rolled out.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk