Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Liking the new sprint commercial

Says sprint is faster than att/vzw with lte plus

Good to claim something even if it isn't true in every market at least it will catch people's attention.

Then cut everyone's bill in half from the big 3.

About time

I mean it's not as though it isn't true. Sprint has data that shows that in LTE Plus markets Sprint is beating out AT&T and Verizon in app and web download speeds which is actually amazing. Their LTE ping times are also consistently the lowest nationwide. Different tests are showing different results but I think that the one thing we can all agree upon is that Sprint is definitely the most improved and best positioned going forward.

• Like 5

Look at him 10 years ago, and look at him now. He's aged 40 years in 10 years..

Not trying to get on a personal level, but the guy is either 1. stressed beyond the point of healthy, 2. on some sort of drug, whether illegal or something like painkillers....or 3. letting himself go healthwise. The "cool" look to grab attention should not have impacted his health to the point of looking like a skeleton..

• Like 3

Look at him 10 years ago, and look at him now. He's aged 40 years in 10 years..

Not trying to get on a personal level, but the guy is either 1. stressed beyond the point of healthy, 2. on some sort of drug, whether illegal or something like painkillers....or 3. letting himself go healthwise. The "cool" look to grab attention should not have impacted his health to the point of looking like a skeleton..

Not disagreeing with you, just adding. He does go running ALOT.

• Like 1

I see photos of him in a park now and then, but looks more like he's taking pics of others running instead of doing much running himself.

He Pariscopes while running quite often. His daughter is with him quite a bit too I think. I don't watch his Pariscopes for the most part, but the couple times I clicked he was running and it was pretty hard to hear him and pay attention from the motion.

I mean it's not as though it isn't true. Sprint has data that shows that in LTE Plus markets Sprint is beating out AT&T and Verizon in app and web download speeds which is actually amazing. Their LTE ping times are also consistently the lowest nationwide. Different tests are showing different results but I think that the one thing we can all agree upon is that Sprint is definitely the most improved and best positioned going forward.

Network-wise I would agree. However that debt load is staggering and they are going to have to do some major rebranding. I have been talking to a lot of friends around NYC about having them give Sprint a shot and none will even consider Sprint. It is always shocking to me how many people are actually afraid of using their phones on Verizon and AT&T for fear of data overages. There are better ways of living folks! Hopefully people do start enjoying the network and spreading their positive user experiences, unfortunately people with unhappy experiences talk more frequently and louder than those with positive experiences.

Network-wise I would agree. However that debt load is staggering and they are going to have to do some major rebranding. I have been talking to a lot of friends around NYC about having them give Sprint a shot and none will even consider Sprint. It is always shocking to me how many people are actually afraid of using their phones on Verizon and AT&T for fear of data overages. There are better ways of living folks! Hopefully people do start enjoying the network and spreading their positive user experiences, unfortunately people with unhappy experiences talk more frequently and louder than those with positive experiences.

Gt

Get them a phone for 28 days.  Get that 50 dollar referral after they sign up--and 50 for them.  Not even a restocking fee now. 

Sprintcare isn't making the case well:

I think they're doing what they should - asking why/what. It's not their fault that this guy wants Sprint to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

IIRC from back when I read The Verge a lot (i.e. ~2013-14) the problem with their Sprint perception was that nobody on their staff (I'm not exaggerating here; there are quotes on this in their podcasts) has used Sprint since they carried the Palm Pre. They rely completely on service reports from family members. And as a result they never took (nor currently take apparently) Sprint seriously as a national carrier. They always referred to them as a second-tier Cricket-class carrier below T-Mobile.

• Like 1

Marcelo at the end of this race on the podium is on his phone while everyone else is celebrating. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Also, he's like a foot taller than almost everyone else on that stage.

• Like 3

IIRC from back when I read The Verge a lot (i.e. ~2013-14) the problem with their Sprint perception was that nobody on their staff (I'm not exaggerating here; there are quotes on this in their podcasts) has used Sprint since they carried the Palm Pre. They rely completely on service reports from family members. And as a result they never took (nor currently take apparently) Sprint seriously as a national carrier. They always referred to them as a second-tier Cricket-class carrier below T-Mobile.

Seriously?

Sent from my SM-N910T

Seriously?

Sent from my SM-N910T

From what I recall, yes. For instance they would only discuss carrier performance at big events for the other three and just laugh if Sprint was mentioned, only report earnings calls for the other 3, and generally avoid discussion of Sprint. When (rarely) asked about experience on Sprint, they would just say family members had it and it sucked.
  • Like 1

I think they're doing what they should - asking why/what. It's not their fault that this guy wants Sprint to fail.

i don't see where Chris said he wanted it to fail... Quality Op-Ed here as typical ;-) 

Quality journalism from The Verge, as usual.

I didn't see it as an article on Vox - yet.   Not that I don't feel it will in a day or two...   

that said - its not too far stretched.  Again I don't see it happening - unless its what SoftBank wants....

I didn't see it as an article on Vox - yet. Not that I don't feel it will in a day or two...

that said - its not too far stretched. Again I don't see it happening - unless its what SoftBank wants....

It's almost like the plot of Major League if that's the case...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So anyone catch the AMA's and see how over plastered it was with T-Mobile signage and pink everything? 

As much as I despise them, they're doing a hell of a job in the marketing department because they're hitting their target market dead on. Oh, and what perfect time to advertise their Binge On and Music Freedom - I mean network killer - services...

I'm just happy Marcelo hasn't followed suit with either of those. Our wonderful speed tests that we've all had would be extremely crippled.  :blink:

• Like 3

I didn't see it as an article on Vox - yet. Not that I don't feel it will in a day or two...

that said - its not too far stretched. Again I don't see it happening - unless its what SoftBank wants....

No way a "total collapse" happens. Sprint would be allowed to merge with another carrier before a collapse was allowed. I just don't see the FCC allowing Sprint to just collapse.

• Like 5

I guess some people keep forgetting that the majority of Sprints stock is held by Softbank, and that what it is there right now which is about 18-19% which is being manipulated by shorts on the market trying to cash in. Unless Softbank falls, then Sprint will to. Until then, don't go believing every article that says the end is near.

• Like 7