Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I guess some people keep forgetting that the majority of Sprints stock is held by Softbank, and that what it is there right now which is about 18-19% which is being manipulated by shorts on the market trying to cash in. Unless Softbank falls, then Sprint will to. Until then, don't go believing every article that says the end is near.

Sprint's going for the long term strategy, and investors only care about short-term.  This is why the stock if plummeting as of now.

• Like 6

Sprint's going for the long term strategy, and investors only care about short-term.  This is why the stock if plummeting as of now.

If they truly value the long term outlook they should just bite the bullet and go private like Dell.

• Like 4

Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 23.3 Mbps, while Verizon recorded the fastest median upload speed at 15.2 Mbps.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/indianapolis-in/2015/2H

Very competitive market, Sprint didn't win it due to the weak upload speeds even though is the faster on the downlink . I don't see Sprint smoking the competition until carrier aggregation is enabled on the uplink.

• Like 6

If they truly value the long term outlook they should just bite the bullet and go private like Dell.

There's some incentive for Softbank to keep it public, I think tax breaks or something.  I'd have to look into it but that's why they're not budging over 85% ownership of the company.

• Like 1

My suspicion is that is what SoftBanks wants to do.  But can't till they can show that Sprint can't stand up on its own.   Which will make it easier for them to buy someone.    Much like the XM Sirus  merger - both companies were weak and about to go belly up.  

Sprint has a real image problem

TMO doesn't 

Sprint has spectrum but can't seem to deploy it to large wide scale 

TMO seems to have a nice supply of 700MHz and will be buying 600MHz if the price is right (they alredy have secured funding for it)

Sprint is burning cash and people (employees)  sadly  very soon 

TMO is hiring 

Sprint will have a kick ass HighSpeed network in the next 12-18 months

TMO will have density where its needed - but doesn't overlap Sprint

Sprint has a great handle on plans that don't require unlimited data as its key selling point!

TMO is going to crash with Binge-ON -- not today not next week but in the coming months - way sooner than 600MHz can help

Take all of those "he said she said" crap above and you'll have two weak-end carriers that won't be able to even think of taking on the King and Queen!   BUT image if the Feds and share holders allowed them to merge - especially after the the 600MHz auctions.   Yeah I suspect it would be a foe that Verizon or AT&T couldn't win against unless they become competitive.   Which is great for us all no?

BUT I will admit this scenario is a bit Hollywood'ish 

• Like 1

Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 23.3 Mbps, while Verizon recorded the fastest median upload speed at 15.2 Mbps.

Very competitive market, Sprint didn't win it due to the weak upload speeds even though is the faster on the downlink . I don't see Sprint smoking the competition until carrier aggregation is enabled on the uplink.

My Sprint experience in Indianapolis 2014-15 was awesome.  I am disappointed that they did not win.

Not bad at all but I do see a change in speeds since they got rid of that note edge and started using the s6 according to a older post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My Sprint experience in Indianapolis 2014-15 was awesome. I am disappointed that they did not win.

I am surprised they didn't win. My experience in the areas the tested has been very good.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

My Sprint experience in Indianapolis 2014-15 was awesome.  I am disappointed that they did not win.

I am surprised they didn't win. My experience in the areas the tested has been very good.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I'm not exactly surprised they didn't win, and I'm not saying that in a bad way either. They have stiff competition there. For instance AT&T has always had some of the best coverage and data service I've experienced anywhere in the country in Indy for as long as I can remember (as long as I've had a smartphone). 

• Like 1

no one of the best if not best band 41 performers arounds. Note 5 is ridiculously good at all 3 bands.

Good to hear. 

Question to all: How's the RF performance for the S series? I hear the S4 and S5 aren't so good. How's the S6 compare to the S3-S5 or Note 3-5?

Any general experiences? Thanks.

I can tell you my note 5 has a 5+ dbm advantage at all times to my girlfriend's S5. Band 41 S5 to note 5 is a 7-12 dbm advantage, band 25 is around 5-7 dbm advantage and band 26 is a crazy 7-12 dbm advantage. Basically its a rf juggernaut.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I can tell you my note 5 has a 5+ dbm advantage at all times to my girlfriend's S5. Band 41 S5 to note 5 is a 7-12 dbm advantage, band 25 is around 5-7 dbm advantage and band 26 is a crazy 7-12 dbm advantage. Basically its a rf juggernaut.

I've been living under a rock since the Note 5 release. It actually performs well in real life despite the poor RF ratings on paper?

I've been living under a rock since the Note 5 release. It actually performs well in real life despite the poor RF ratings on paper?

Well beyond what the fcc said. It isnt the best rf in evdo though.

I bet there's going to be a lot of T-Mobile towers under a lot of strain the next few months. First unlimited video streaming for many customers, and now they're gifting unlimited LTE data to existing customers from Dec 1 to Mar 1. That's not counting the usual 10% data usage hike in December (from their press release). Perhaps they're trying to purposely stress test the network to find out what areas will need the most investment for future data capacity?

Edited by Volaris
  • Like 5

I bet there's going to be a lot of T-Mobile towers under a lot of strain the next few months. First unlimited video streaming for many customers, and now they're gifting unlimited LTE data to existing customers from Dec 1 to Mar 1. That's not counting the usual 10% data usage hike in December (from their press release). Perhaps they're trying to purposely stress test the network to find out what areas will need the most investment for future data capacity?

Or John is acting like a poser acting all big and stuff to look good on the Press, when internally it's killing T-Mobile.

• Like 1

I currently have a iPhone 6s on the iPhone forever leasing program, 1 line only..

Does anybody know if I can lease another phone for myself to switch back and forward to?

Only if you add a second line of service to your account.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With the T-Mobile network getting worse, I'm glad my mother and left them. It'll be interesting just to see how bad T-Mobile might get over the next few months.

Too bad I don't have friends or relatives around Chicago with Sprint Everything Data or Sprint Framily, as I'd really like to get a line on one of those plans using Direct2You though, as I really don't want to go to one of the stores. Otherwise, the plan is to wait until AT&T's upcoming promotions using that and a discount program hopefully that'll all go through then. Likely my mother will be getting the Kyocera Duraforce XD with it,

Overall though, the Everything Data and Framily plans really are the best. I certainly understand why people stay with those. There really isn't anything better, or more fairly priced than that, which if Sprint brought those plans back, that definitely ought to help their subscriber numbers more than the 50% promotion probably does. I definitely expected something more than that from Sprint in their announcement last week.

I'd really like to see plans such as $45 monthly for 15gb, $75 monthly for 45gb, and $105 monthly for 75gb. Then two options for dealing with overage, either $1.50 per 1gb or $15 monthly additional per line for unlimited overage data for that particular line with speeds capped at 3mbps. That option doesn't even have to be used only for overages,but could be activated on the line at any time, in case the line user doesn't want to use up the high-speed data..

Anyways, it is a nice thought, especially knowing how these rates are going up while not having a device with service. 

Or John is acting like a poser acting all big and stuff to look good on the Press, when internally it's killing T-Mobile.

Let's be honest...their plan isn't to kill T-Mobile. People said no contracts would never work, music freedom would never work, etc, etc, etc. John Legere and Mike Seivert aren't idiots. Just like Marcelo and John Saw aren't idiots. They are both very smart, being paid millions of dollars for their work.

Remember...the goal of T-Mobile and Sprint is shareholder ROI. I'm willing to bet over 95% of customers on both networks don't give a shit about speed or anything. They wouldn't even know what good speeds are. This unlimited promo on T-Mobile could help push people into higher buckets of paid data. I don't know the end game, but killing T-Mobile or killing Sprint is not the plan.

• Like 5