Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

It might be lowest uncomplicated unlimited plan ever, but it is not the lowest postpaid unlimited plan ever. Not even from Sprint themselves.

On my account with the one Sprint line by itself, it is $45 for postpaid unlimited with Framily. That's $15 less than Sprint's new "disruptive" pricing.

And, of course, right now for at least a year, T-Mobile is offering unlimited LTE speeds for a year for $50 when you port in. That's cheaper too. And, it has all the ancillary perks like SimpleGlobal.

That promo from tmobile gives you a free upgrade to unlimited, but you have to have the 5gb plan which is 70. They basically are giving a $10 bill credit.

So I have a framily of one. My bf has a framily of two. We could not merge them bc they didn't allow existing customers to join another customer's framily.

Could we now merge the two framilies into a family share pack? He gets a 20% discount. Does that mean he gets $20 off and therefore 80 +15+15+15?

Just call again. I merged two framily plans without any issue...even with all lines still under contract.

Okay I'm once again revisiting the comment by Marcelo, on Apple.

But first - somewhere this week one of the articles I read said that Sprint wants to modernize it's stores to include more audio and high tech products.

What if the Apple "deal" is that Marcelo got Tim Cook to build mini Apple stores inside Sprint stores (sort of like Best buy) with the twist that the computer can be bought via Easy Pay?

Okay sorry again for this interruption.

• Like 3

It might be lowest uncomplicated unlimited plan ever, but it is not the lowest postpaid unlimited plan ever. Not even from Sprint themselves.

On my account with the one Sprint line by itself, it is $45 for postpaid unlimited with Framily. That's $15 less than Sprint's new "disruptive" pricing.

And, of course, right now for at least a year, T-Mobile is offering unlimited LTE speeds for a year for $50 when you port in. That's cheaper too. And, it has all the ancillary perks like SimpleGlobal.

I was speaking of individual plans...Framily is a group plan. T-Mobile plan is temporary and it's a $10 credit off a 5GB plan. Try again. Now most of us disagree with you too.

Face it folks. It's disruptive. If not, no one else will counter it at all. Let's see what happens this week. Oh wait, Tmo has already making pricing moves and Legere is constantly freaking out on Twitter. My point has already been made.

Tmo apologists say that when Tmo lowers prices, it's Uncarrier and it's driving the competition to go lower and Tmo is fighting for the people. Even though all they did was just move the money around with subsidies. Someone actually takes unsubsidized prices and lowers them further, and it's not disruptive. But if Tmo matches it and throws in dial up roaming in Botswana, that will be disruptive and the tech media will stroke Legere and all the magenta douches will dance around the fire tweeting hashtags until they all pass out from their ecstasy enduced love fest.

Whatever.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 22

Tmo apologists say that when Tmo lowers prices, it's Uncarrier and it's driving the competition to go lower and Tmo is fighting for the people. Even though all they did was just move the money around with subsidies. Someone actually takes unsubsidized prices and lowers them further, and it's not disruptive. But if Tmo matches it and throws in dial up roaming in Botswana, that will be disruptive and the tech media will stroke Legere and all the magenta douches will dance around the fire tweeting hashtags until they all pass out from their ecstasy enduced love fest.

:roflmao:

I was speaking of individual plans...Framily is a group plan. T-Mobile plan is temporary and it's a $10 credit off a 5GB plan. Try again. Now most of us disagree with you too.

Face it folks. It's disruptive. If not, no one else will counter it at all. Let's see what happens this week. Oh wait, Tmo has already making pricing moves and Legere is constantly freaking out on Twitter. My point has already been made.

Whatever.

gxUEY2F.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Framily is a group plan and an individual plan. A great many people have one individual line on their account under Framily pricing and pay just $45 for unlimited. 

There is no possible way to spin the loss of the $45 unlimited everything price-point on Sprint as being a good thing. 

EDIT: Here's a great way to tell these new price plans are terrible: not a single person will answer in the affirmative on the following.

Who has one line on a $25 1GB, $35 3GB, or $45 unlimited Framily plan and intends to switch to the new $60 individual plan?

Nobody? Nobody? Crickets? 

Framily is a group plan and an individual plan. A great many people have one individual line on their account under Framily pricing and pay just $45 for unlimited.

There is no possible way to spin the loss of the $45 unlimited everything price-point on Sprint as being a good thing.

And how do you manage to get the $45 rate without a group? It is a group plan. The individual Framily rate for unlimited is $75.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

EDIT: Here's a great way to tell these new price plans are terrible: not a single person will answer in the affirmative on the following.

Who has one line on a $25 1GB, $35 3GB, or $45 unlimited Framily plan and intends to switch to the new $60 individual plan?

I have 2 lines on a maxed out Framily plan, that I joined... I might actually switch my two lines into two single unlimited plans. Main reason to have my own account with out sharing and most importantly POM.

As far as why the "increase" thats life isn't it?

McDonalds-Menu.jpg

• Like 1

It's not lost. Framily is not being removed. People can still join existing Framilies. No spinning.

Framily is a group plan. Try getting $45 on your own. You have to be in a group with at least 6 more lines. The very essence of group. Sprint gives you a nice individual bill. Now that's convenient.

I'm glad you like the very price disruptive Framily plan from Sprint. I'm glad you find another of Sprint's plans also disruptive. It's good you have found a price point so low on Sprint, that you're not likely to churn because it's so disruptive the competition can't really touch it.

There are many wonderful Sprint plans to choose from of varying disruptiveness...Framily, new Family Pack, new $60 unlimited individual. Whichever best meets your needs. Isn't choice grand?

• Like 7

Bad strategy. We see lots of people around here with 2, 3 and 4 line Framily plans. For these folks, the unlimited plan looks mighty good. Please enjoy one of Sprint's wonderful disruptive plans while Legere thinks of what he's going to do next.

• Like 3

I have the same $45 framily plan with unlimited data, and I got this plan by going on Craigslist to go on someone else's framily ID that they were building up. I can tell you many of my friends would like the same plan that I have, but they don't want to go through the trouble of getting enough framily members.
  • Like 2

I have the same $45 framily plan with unlimited data, and I got this plan by going on Craigslist to go on someone else's framily ID that they were building up. I can tell you many of my friends would like the same plan that I have, but they don't want to go through the trouble of getting enough framily members.

Yes, I remember the endless complaints about Framily. Recruiting people and managing the rolls. It is a pain. And for those who really want to go through the effort, there's some great savings. For the rest of us, we will go with the individual unlimited plans. :tu:

• Like 7

Yes, I remember the endless complaints about Framily. Recruiting people and managing the rolls. It is a pain. And for those who really want to go through the effort, there's some great savings. For the rest of us, we will go with the individual unlimited plans. :tu:

At least framily gets you lower prices than the one off recruiting at tmo.
  • Like 2

The same thing with SERO, it was a pain trying to keep it. Got to the point that I gave up and went with the newer plan at the time.

TS

I had SERO back in the day, but when the original Evo 4g came out and it wasn't available on SERO plans yet I had to switch.

And what happens if your framily loses some members?  Your price is going to go up unless you can find new members to replace them.  Framily is a great deal as long as you can maintain the required number of members, but the idea your price could go up at anytime does bother a lot of people. 

I have two lines in a full framily right now.  Like you said, I have no plans of switching to one of the new plans at this time.  However, if my Framily would shrink to the point that one of the new plans would be as good or a better deal, I would probably just switch rather then go through the trouble of recruiting again.  That is what is nice about the new plans, the pricing is locked in. 

The fact is nobody offers a lower individual plan that is simple, no hoops, no temporary promos, nothing.  $60, unlimited, no hassle.  I like it.

• Like 6

. . . But if Tmo matches it and throws in dial up roaming in Botswana, that will be disruptive and the tech media will stroke Legere . . .

Wait, TMo lets you call Botswana?!?!  I gotta tweet (twit?) that, and then I'm outta here!! . . .

• Like 1

Wait, TMo lets you call Botswana?!?!  I gotta tweet (twit?) that, and then I'm outta here!! . . .

No, you have to go to Botswana, then you can call from there. Buy the plane ticket first. ;)

• Like 1

I had SERO back in the day, but when the original Evo 4g came out and it wasn't available on SERO plans yet I had to switch.

I'm still on SERO!  They eventually allowed a +$10 premium addon to have a 4G handset.  So $50/month and upgrades every two years.

• Like 1

Just confirmed in a chat that existing discounted lines are grandfathered in to the $15 access charge (as long as one line on the account qualifies)!  Thanks @utiz4321 for pushing this argument, I had this wrong

Megan: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?

You: I am interested in the new family share plan

Megan: I would be more than happy to provide you information on the Sprint Family Share plan.

You: can you quote out a price for my account if we were to switch all 3 lines to that plan, with 20GB of shared data?

Megan: You can change your plan to the Sprint Family Share plan if any of line in your account is upgrade eligible or you purchased any device through the Sprint Easy Pay program or you will add new line of service in your account.

You: my line is upgrade eligible so we meet that condition

Megan: Perfect!

Megan: Then your monthly bill will be $145 excluding taxes.

Megan: There is a monthly data access charge added for each device sharing your data. The amount varies by the data option you choose and how you acquire the device:
* Phones purchased at full price or your own Sprint phone:
---$25 for 600MB to 16GB or
---$15 for 20GB to 60GB
* Phones purchased at a discount: $40 for all data share levels.
* Tablets: $10 for all data share levels.
* Mobile broadband: $20 for all data share levels.
. We-Go and Phone Connect devices are not eligible for this plan.

You: what I need to confirm is, the other two lines on my account which are not upgrade eligible

You: are those access charges $40 each

You: or $15 each

You: you originally said $145 total monthly bill

Megan: You will charge $15 for each line.

Megan: Only one of the line should be upgrade eligible for the plan change and when you will go with the 20GB data then charge for each line will be $15.

Megan: The $40 charge for those line which will purchase at discounted price on today or after that.

You: so the additional lines are "grandfathered" in and treated as non-discounted

Megan: Yes, you are correct.

Edited by djw39
  • Like 12

I'm still on SERO! They eventually allowed a +$10 premium addon to have a 4G handset. So $50/month and upgrades every two years.

It took a little while after the EVO launch before they decided to let SERO customers in on the action. If you wanted the EVO on launch day, you had to change plans off SERO. I remember the turmoil well. Lots of angry SERO customers. They finally came around and created the SERO-P plan and gave everyone an opportunity to upgrade. But you couldn't do it in stores, and had to go through some hoops.

I think the same problem reared again when LTE devices came out. But was fixed quickly.

• Like 1

Just confirmed in a chat that existing discounted lines are grandfathered in to the $15 access charge (as long as one line on the account qualifies)!  Thanks @utiz4321 for pushing this argument, I had this wrong

Megan: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?

You: I am interested in the new family share plan

Megan: I would be more than happy to provide you information on the Sprint Family Share plan.

You: can you quote out a price for my account if we were to switch all 3 lines to that plan, with 20GB of shared data?

Megan: You can change your plan to the Sprint Family Share plan if any of line in your account is upgrade eligible or you purchased any device through the Sprint Easy Pay program or you will add new line of service in your account.

You: my line is upgrade eligible so we meet that condition

Megan: Perfect!

Megan: Then your monthly bill will be $145 excluding taxes.

Megan: There is a monthly data access charge added for each device sharing your data. The amount varies by the data option you choose and how you acquire the device:

* Phones purchased at full price or your own Sprint phone:

---$25 for 600MB to 16GB or

---$15 for 20GB to 60GB

* Phones purchased at a discount: $40 for all data share levels.

* Tablets: $10 for all data share levels.

* Mobile broadband: $20 for all data share levels.

. We-Go and Phone Connect devices are not eligible for this plan.

You: what I need to confirm is, the other two lines on my account which are not upgrade eligible

You: are those access charges $40 each You: or $15 each You: you originally said $145 total monthly bill

Megan: You will charge $15 for each line.

Megan: Only one of the line should be upgrade eligible for the plan change and when you will go with the 20GB data then charge for each line will be $15.

Megan: The $40 charge for those line which will purchase at discounted price on today or after that.

You: so the additional lines are "grandfathered" in and treated as non-discounted

Megan: Yes, you are correct.

Thanks for this I was wondering how exactly they would treat the existing lines.

As an aside the pricing spreadsheet I made had 80+ viewing people when I checked it last night so apparently there is interest in these plans, disruptive or not. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Thanks for this I was wondering how exactly they would treat the existing lines.

As an aside the pricing spreadsheet I made had 80+ viewing people when I checked it last night so apparently there is interest in these plans, disruptive or not. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM/edit?usp=sharing

This is an excellent plan, I will save $35 a month immediately. Very pleased.

• Like 4

I was just about to respond, 'sounds disruptive' after reading your 80+ viewers comment. But then you closed with you last line and stole my thunder. :P