Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

That's how I troll I'm mean roll. Lmao

If I use Tapatalk I do it the correct way but if I use the mobile site then my posts can be very sloppy. You must be OCD about that.

Hey no harm meant! You are right - OCD kicks in. Carry on!

• Like 2

Already beats EVERYONE'S unlimited everything. Throw Tethering on there for a few bucks more. You're golden my friend.

The best part, Sprint could keep that as ace in the hole for the future, you know?

I really don't understand why anyone would pay an extra $5x 12 months ($60! *on top of the easy pay payment*), to upgrade every year, have to return the old phone, and continue paying easy pay payments, and never 'own' the device.

Really, just start putting your phones on a credit card, you can upgrade as often as your credit card balance allows, and you get to keep the phone(s) to re-sell (to pay off your credit card or profit!) or reuse/give away to family friends.

I'm perfectly ok with leaving my credit cards open, and essentially lease phones from Sprint to get the coolest newest devices.

Personal preference, glad everyone has options, you know?

• Like 6

I really don't understand why anyone would pay an extra $5x 12 months ($60! *on top of the easy pay payment*), to upgrade every year, have to return the old phone, and continue paying easy pay payments, and never 'own' the device.

Really, just start putting your phones on a credit card, you can upgrade as often as your credit card balance allows, and you get to keep the phone(s) to re-sell (to pay off your credit card or profit!) or reuse/give away to family friends.

Wish I could give this many more thumbs up.

The new individual plan is nice, I think it pairs well with the new family share pack. I would have liked to see some included tethering and customization similar to Framily for 1-5GB data add ons instead of only unlimited. I told my friend about it, which is already in my max discount Framily with unlimited add on for $45, and his response was "Damn that's cheap". If the marketing is done well I can see the new plans doing well for adding some new subscribers.

• Like 3

I'm perfectly ok with leaving my credit cards open, and essentially lease phones from Sprint to get the coolest newest devices.

Personal preference, glad everyone has options, you know?

Especially since you are using Sprint's money with no fees.

Especially since you are using Sprint's money with no fees.

It's like an interest free loan. But I can see where the extra warranty some credit cards offer on electronics purchases may make just buying it upfront with your credit card (and then paying off the card immediately) worthwhile.

• Like 3

Sprint just released a 15 second spot for the family plan.

http://youtu.be/lJ1gxmGFOH8

This is exactly the kind of to-the-point marketing that Sprint needs to blast out everywhere. You don't need a "weird" commercial with a Framily, you don't need rock 'n roll magenta/black/white people dancing, and you don't need a family in an AT&T store talking about 'the best ever pricing on family plans!' -- this cuts to the quick, it's simple to digest, and visually pleasing.

More of this, less weird-ness.

• Like 11

Thought they should have another two tiers for individual plan. Some people don't need unlimited data. 2GB or 4GB can serve them well. How about 2GB for $50 and 4GB for $55?

Good part is Sprint didn't disclose all cards in hand in once. It will choose what to do next based on how competitors react. Marcelo acts very fast to the market competition. He does it much better than Hesse.

• Like 1

Their newest refer-a-friend "lifeline" promo. See here:

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/08/t-mobile-offering-free-unlimited-data-refer-a-friend-deal-from-next-week/

TMo's limited plans, on Simple Choice anyway, don't care what you do with your data. So the $50 1GB plan becomes $50 1GB tethering + unlimited on-phone data, unless I'm understanding things horribly wrong.

Granted, this offer expires after a year, but at the rate things are changing, they'll have some new promo to take advantage of then.

Or get 2 gigs and hotspot for the same price.

Why does a plan have to have a subsidy in order to be disruptive? Millions of people without subsidies or looking to get off them disagree with your logic.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They don't. I care not if they split up the device from the service. It makes me no difference. I would have just liked to see a more aggressive price on the service is all. An actual price war that makes customers take a serious look at Sprint.

They don't. I care not if they split up the device from the service. It makes me no difference. I would have just liked to see a more aggressive price on the service is all. An actual price war that makes customers take a serious look at Sprint.

It is serious. It is disruptive. It's the lowest postpaid unlimited plan ever. You may want something lower and better. That's fine. But most of us completely disagree with you.

• Like 4

I get your angle.

But what other top tier provider is lower?

Would I like it if the price was lower, sure... but it's also not an unreasonable price either.

And "I" think the new plans offer more for my money.

They should get Carly and make her switch to Sprint !

That could be really funny if done right. People would eat that up. And get some funny hashtags to go along with the whole promotion.

• Like 3

So I have a framily of one. My bf has a framily of two. We could not merge them bc they didn't allow existing customers to join another customer's framily.

Could we now merge the two framilies into a family share pack? He gets a 20% discount. Does that mean he gets $20 off and therefore 80 +15+15+15?

So I have a framily of one. My bf has a framily of two. We could not merge them bc they didn't allow existing customers to join another customer's framily.

Could we now merge the two framilies into a family share pack? He gets a 20% discount. Does that mean he gets $20 off and therefore 80 +15+15+15?

I believe Sprint does transfers of responsiblity. So yes.

I wonder if we'll see any updates to the international data packs. I love Sprint but they definitely are behind the pack on this.

• Like 1

You can transfer liability, but easy pay payments do not transfer.

It is serious. It is disruptive. It's the lowest postpaid unlimited plan ever. You may want something lower and better. That's fine. But most of us completely disagree with you.

It might be lowest uncomplicated unlimited plan ever, but it is not the lowest postpaid unlimited plan ever. Not even from Sprint themselves.

On my account with the one Sprint line by itself, it is $45 for postpaid unlimited with Framily.  That's $15 less than Sprint's new "disruptive" pricing. 

And, of course, right now for at least a year, T-Mobile is offering unlimited LTE speeds for a year for $50 when you port in. That's cheaper too. And, it has all the ancillary perks like SimpleGlobal.