Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Even though the plan wasn't exactly earth shattering, it is currently getting hammered over at slickdeals.

Two things, network, which we know is getting worked on, however long that is and the fact that it is required for customers to buy a phone from Sprint.

Since we are jumping on Twitter to give John a hard time https://twitter.com/newboyx/status/502557419772600321

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ZING! Love the tweets. Good job! Retweeting...

Robert

S4GRU GOLD!!

That was awesome, just made my day, thank you.

Wow! That was an AWESOME response!

Marcello just retweeted something about $5 per GB on individual plans for tablets and hotspot. I haven't seen any announcement or update yet. Is this true? I'm so excited!!!!

I just took a look at that RT - seems like something I saw someone here chirping about... Not sure if that's real, or an accidental RT.

Doesn't smell right. I hope to be wrong. But since it's a retweet of what someone else said and not him, I'm skeptical until I see more.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Doesn't smell right. I hope to be wrong. But since it's a retweet of what someone else said and not him, I'm skeptical until I see more.

Not to sound negative, but I'm curious if that's him physically him pressing retweet. And not just some bot....

Very hard to say.

Not to sound negative, but I'm curious if that's him physically him pressing retweet. And not just some bot....

Very hard to say.

It seems pretty selective about what it retweets if it's a bot. I'm really hoping for this to be true.

I wouldn't read into that.... The account that he retweeted is a spam account .

Which leads me to assume a bot. that said I'd also assume if it was a bad message - they or Marcelo would un-retweet the message.

Either way in less than a week I think it's safe to say, this really is a "new" sprint. And for the better!

Super disappointed in Sprint today. I went into the corporate store to sign up and the process was a mess. First I had to setup the account and then verify a zero balance with sprint from 15 months ago when I left for Ting. The verification took 45 minutes. Once that was done I was then informed by the manager that because I am on Ting I am not eligible for the waived port in fee. So over an hour and 15 mins for nothing.

Apparently I am still considered a Sprint customer when I pay a different company for service. For my two lines this was a $30/month difference and it killed the deal for me.

I don't see myself rejoining Sprint ever again because of this. I'll have to explore my options elsewhere.

Very disappointed because this restriction for Ting was not in place before.

Anyways, thus ends my experience with Sprint.

• Like 1

Super disappointed in Sprint today. I went into the corporate store to sign up and the process was a mess. First I had to setup the account and then verify a zero balance with sprint from 15 months ago when I left for Ting. The verification took 45 minutes. Once that was done I was then informed by the manager that because I am on Ting I am not eligible for the waived port in fee. So over an hour and 15 mins for nothing.

Apparently I am still considered a Sprint customer when I pay a different company for service. For my two lines this was a $30/month difference and it killed the deal for me.

I don't see myself rejoining Sprint ever again because of this. I'll have to explore my options elsewhere.

Very disappointed because this restriction for Ting was not in place before.

Anyways, thus ends my experience with Sprint.

Typically none of the phone companies will give port in promos from mvno divisions.

Typically none of the phone companies will give port in promos from mvno divisions.

This was the case for Sprint owned MVNOs but not Ting. I had friends that ported from Ting back to Sprint and had promo deals given to them. It was one of the reasons I joined Ting rather than leaving Sprint altogether.

Which leads me to assume a bot. that said I'd also assume if it was a bad message - they or Marcelo would un-retweet the message.

Either way in less than a week I think it's safe to say, this really is a "new" sprint. And for the better!

He/They untweeted it...lol

• Like 3

I think some people forget that the average shopper is not in this forum -- the new plans are for the average shopper!  

The average shopper going from AT&T, to VZW in a mall shopping features and price - will walk into a Sprint store and can compare the three with ease.  And will see 20+GB cap vs 10GB for a starting price $60 less (based on four lines). 

The average shopper when shown a Framily linecard - I assume gets flustered and maybe even pissed off in that hmmm I want that $25 price not this $50 price - but I don't want tocall family or friends asking hey want to switch and save. NO they want to walk out of the store with service, which I assume is not Sprint.  

That all said - for folks who are here and know about Framily it is "easy" to get a great deal!  

but for those that just want a great deal with plans that make sense - the new plans achieve that goal I think.  

But does the average customer understand what a GB is? It made sense to share minutes, since everyone knows what that means. Sharing data leads to one of three things: 1.) Not understanding usage and overpaying for a bigger bucket than necessary, 2.) Being scared to use the service, regardless of bucket size purchased, or 3.) Micro-managing both your own and other family member's usage. As someone who does understand what a GB is and is willing to give up the ease of mind of an unlimited plan in order to save money, I have already accepted having to keep a close eye on my own usage. Doing it for others as well is asking too much.

Just because the duopoly is offering something doesn't mean everybody else has to follow suit. I would also think that it's a given that Sprint would be cheaper than ATT/VZW if for no other reason than they have a smaller native footprint. Really, no one should be on ATT/VZW unless 1.) It's a work phone that they're not paying for anyway, or 2.) Nobody else offers good coverage where they live, work, and spend a good time in while traveling. Sprint or T-Mobile could certainly work on their marketing more to get that message through.

If I was an average customer, I'd also be upset that my bill would jump so much in a year, so that the regular price for four lines ($160) is the same as the big two, albeit with more data. Unless of course they enjoy jumping from company to company year after year.

Marcelo just retweeted something about $5 per GB on individual plans for tablets and hotspot. I haven't seen any announcement or update yet. Is this true? I'm so excited!!!!

https://twitter.com/DHawkeyes02/status/503223962524872704

Data is data. If that's $5/GB after what is included in the individual plans for phone use, then great. Otherwise, meh.

Apparently I am still considered a Sprint customer when I pay a different company for service. For my two lines this was a $30/month difference and it killed the deal for me...

If this is the path Sprint wants to go down (offering short-term deals to new customers only), then I agree they need to make it clearer what their definition of a "new customer" is. For example, I know with Comcast, if Retentions won't budge and extend your promotion, you have to switch away to U-Verse or whomever for three full months before being able to come back as a "new" customer. I guess in your case, since they're apparently no longer including customers of MVNOs they don't own as "new", you'd have to port out to someone else like T-Mobile, then port into Sprint before T-Mobile's 30-day return period is up. Then, in a year, leave and come back again if they don't extend the promotional price.. fun times.

But does the average customer understand what a GB is?

Yes. AT&T and VZW, and even Tmo to some extent have done a good job of teaching Americans with smartphones how much a GB is. Sprint is now teaching the last few.

• Like 4