Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

not remotely comparable.  one is a hardware issue, the other is a company choosing not to tick a box. 

Technically it's not a hardware issue, Toyota could tick a box, like they do for Scion. But it's a feature/benefit offered to those who pay for it.

Time Warner Cable could easily give me upgraded speeds, but if I fail to buy my own DOCSIS 3 modem, they will give me a DOCSIS 2, and charge me the same rate for lower speeds.

Technically it's not a hardware issue, Toyota could tick a box, like they do for Scion. But it's a feature/benefit offered to those who pay for it.

Time Warner Cable could easily give me upgraded speeds, but if I fail to buy my own DOCSIS 3 modem, they will give me a DOCSIS 2, and charge me the same rate for lower speeds.

again, apples and oranges.  easy pay does work with old plans, the system in stores prevents the reps from signing up new purchases (via easy pay) to old plans.  this can be remedied by calling Sprint so I'm not seeing where the hardware limitation applies.

This is especially true comparing to the Verizon 2GB subsidized plan for $60 considering it's still very difficult to use more than 1 GB in most places.

What is you definition of "most places"?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

please read my subsequent post which explains that Sprint corporate stores (at least in NYC) do not allow customers to purchase devices using Easy Pay and add them to old plans

Oh, I read it.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

again, apples and oranges.  easy pay does work with old plans, the system in stores prevents the reps from signing up new purchases (via easy pay) to old plans.  this can be remedied by calling Sprint so I'm not seeing where the hardware limitation applies.

You are borderline derailing this thread at this point over an odd obsession with Easy Pay on old plans. We get (sort of) your position. Move on.

• Like 2

Did you see the post a page back that said that Easy Pay should work now with almost any plan?

Also, this reminds me of the old posts when EVDO RevA (Power Vision) came out and everyone demanded it for free because they were already paying for PCS Vision.

• Like 1

Did you see the post a page back that said that Easy Pay should work now with almost any plan?

Also, this reminds me of the old posts when EVDO RevA (Power Vision) came out and everyone demanded it for free because they were already paying for PCS Vision.

and if that's the case, it's something that was changed very recently because it was absolutely not the case two weeks ago. 

again, I fail to see how the second sentence had anything to do with the discussion as no one here is demanding anything for free. 

Edited by Morningside78

Easy Pay will work on Framily, Unlimited My Way, and Everything Data. You don't get a discount on service for doing it on the old plans so it generally is a waste of money, but if you feel the need to overpay while complaining about the price of the new plans feel free.

This change took effect Monday at 3rd party retailers. I don't know when and if it will be available on Sprint corporate stores.

*edited to add time of change*

• Like 8

And sprint should made that even easier for people to add hotspot for just 1 day. Like a splash landing page for adding the feature

I added it online for one day and turned it off. Pretty damn easy. You just pay a one day prorated portion.

• Like 1

Easy Pay will work on Framily, Unlimited My Way, and Everything Data. You don't get a discount on service for doing it on the old plans so it generally is a waste of money, but if you feel the need to overpay while complaining about the price of the new plans feel free.

the Framily Plan costs more than my Everything Data Plan unless I added about 3 more people to my account.  in addition, the lower discount I'd receive drives the cost of Framily up even further.  it costs more if I purchased a device using easy pay under Framily than under Everything Data.  it's why there was no reason for me to switch.

Why does a plan have to have a subsidy in order to be disruptive? Millions of people without subsidies or looking to get off them disagree with your logic.

And I would be one of those millions.

Subsidies cannot die soon enough.

• Like 2

the Framily Plan costs more than my Everything Data Plan unless I added about 3 more people to my account.  in addition, the lower discount I'd receive drives the cost of Framily up even further.  it costs more if I purchased a device using easy pay under Framily than under Everything Data.  it's why there was no reason for me to switch.

But what /u/newboyx is saying is that you can use Easy Pay on Everything Data.

But what /u/newboyx is saying is that you can use Easy Pay on Everything Data.

a.  was not the case two weeks ago, and he also said he's not sure it can be done in corporate stores.

b.  he said that using Easy Pay with Everything Data causes the customer to overpay which is false.

Edited by Morningside78

I have no problem with the $60 price point whatsoever. It's very competitive imo. However, if they wanted to be disruptive they could have made it $60 flat rate with taxes & surcharges included and thrown in a gig, maybe even two of mobile hotspot. So the plan is good as-is in my estimation, but they had/have room to make it great.

• Like 5

a. was not the case two weeks ago, and he also said he's not sure it can be done in corporate stores.

b. he said that using Easy Pay with Everything Data causes the customer to overpay which is false.

But you are overpaying. You are paying for your device 2x. It is already built into your plan and you are adding a payment on top of that. Why wouldn't you just do a traditional upgrade?

• Like 2

I have no problem with the $60 price point whatsoever. It's very competitive imo. However, if they wanted to be disruptive they could have made it $60 flat rate with taxes & surcharges included and thrown in a gig, maybe even two of mobile hotspot. So the plan is good as-is in my estimation, but they had/have room to make it great.

I agree to an extent. 

The flat rate plans are usually left for pre-paid, but I think if Sprint can toss in 1GB of tethering, it would be better.

But you are overpaying. You are paying for your device 2x. It is already built into your plan and you are adding a payment on top of that. Why wouldn't you just do a traditional upgrade?

Because he thinks he has found a hole in the plan to bitch about. He's just trolling.

• Like 3

The new plans aren't designed for current subscribers.

They are designed to bring new subs in.

Unless tmo is good in your area, chances are good that your current plan is best.

That's what I'm trying to say too.  Not only is it not earth shattering for current customers, it's not for new customers as it can be cheaper depending on your needs.  Unlimited isn't really unlimited when the customer don't really use it.

I added it online for one day and turned it off. Pretty damn easy. You just pay a one day prorated portion.

Sorry to get off topic. But if you add it for a day...you pay a prorated amount of the monthly cost, but how is the data calculated...is it prorated too? One days worth of 1GB for a month isn't much data. Or am I thinking about that wrong?

Voice of reason, ladies and gentlemen.

• Like 7

not sure what you mean by this.  while I understand your point that the payment is built in, even with the added fee of using easy pay, my monthly rate still comes out to less if I stay on Everything Shared than switching to Framily.

That's what I'm trying to say too.  Not only is it not earth shattering for current customers, it's not for new customers as it can be cheaper depending on your needs.  Unlimited isn't really unlimited when the customer don't really use it.

Yes, and for those who don't use unlimited data, there are other options. 

not sure what you mean by this.  while I understand your point that the payment is built in, even with the added fee of using easy pay, my monthly rate still comes out to less if I stay on Everything Shared than switching to Framily.

Everything Shared is a contracted plan, right? With a 2 year term, and ETF, right?

That means you can upgrade at the end of the 2 years, right?

not sure what you mean by this. while I understand your point that the payment is built in, even with the added fee of using easy pay, my monthly rate still comes out to less if I stay on Everything Shared than switching to Framily.

I still don't understand why you would want to pay Easy Pay instead of a 2 year upgrade.

Everything Shared is a contracted plan, right? With a 2 year term, and ETF, right?

That means you can upgrade at the end of the 2 years, right?

Absolutely. He's just a troll. We will not be feeding him anymore. It's after Midnight in his time zone.

• Like 1