Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Marcelo seems to be operating his own Twitter. He responded to someone's complaint (in Spanish) about their network problems in Puerto Rico. He even said he'll get him a time frame and all for a fix. He is being very proactive.

• Like 11

Sprint's $60 is still better value to me. 

• Like 2

Sprint's $60 is still better value to me. 

http://bgr.com/2014/08/25/t-mobile-vs-sprint-price-war/

Agree.  I would like to see Sprint add some tiered individual options.  I could see sprint offering a $45 2GB plan.  Getting your data cut off is not very uncarrier though.  Sprint would get roasted by the blogs if they tried that.

• Like 1

So will this become a race to the bottom with the photo finish winners being Verizon and AT&T?

Maybe in response to these changes Sprint will offer 5 GB tethering/hotspot for the unlimited plans or something. Or maybe they actually ARE able to drop it to $50/line for everyone in which case it becomes price competitive with the family share plan for existing customers.  For example you can get 20 GB for 3 lines @ $145 vs 3 unlimited lines @ $150. For people with deep customer discounts the amount eligible would only be half of the potential $50 (or 44.25 with a 23% discount line I have) So for that example 1 line and 2 lines will always beat family share and 3 lines unlimited would be $132.75 vs $122.00 (20 GB family share w/23% discount).

For new customers the price advantage on family share is huge when combined with discounts. You can get the 32GB tier for any amount of lines for $100.10 (23% discount) or even 40 GB for $115.50.

You can compare it yourself @ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM/

This kind of Analysis always cracks me up:

This is the Un-carrier's response to Sprint's disruptive new personal plan offering unlimited data, talk and text for $60, which effectively undercuts T-Mobile's own $80 unlimited data plan by $20. Following the swift demise of the confusing Framily plans, Sprint also announced a more attractive deal with a shared family plan that offers up to 20GB of data for 10 lines for only $100.

Analysts, however, are on the fence about Sprint's new competitive pricing strategy, saying that while it can place pressure on T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon will most likely remain unaffected. Analysts Mike McCormack, Scott Goldman and Tudor Mustata of Jefferies also pointed out that many of Sprint's customers have only recently switched to T-Mobile, effectively "limiting the pool to lower quality prepaid customers that could be incentivized to pay up."

So when T-Mobile announces 'un-carrier' moves (and stay tuned, they're doing more next week, apparently), analysts fart rainbows and ice cream because it's awesome and a direct shot at AT&T/Verizon. But when Sprint undercuts T-Mobile with a disruptive plan, analysts are on the fence about the pricing strategy.

Got it.

• Like 14

This kind of Analysis always cracks me up:

So when T-Mobile announces 'un-carrier' moves (and stay tuned, they're doing more next week, apparently), analysts fart rainbows and ice cream because it's awesome and a direct shot at AT&T/Verizon. But when Sprint undercuts T-Mobile with a disruptive plan, analysts are on the fence about the pricing strategy.

Got it.

Hey, they called the pricing disruptive so we are making progress!

• Like 2

http://bgr.com/2014/08/25/t-mobile-vs-sprint-price-war/

Agree.  I would like to see Sprint add some tiered individual options.  I could see sprint offering a $45 2GB plan.  Getting your data cut off is not very uncarrier though.  Sprint would get roasted by the blogs if they tried that.

I don't think that's attractive enough...the "doubleurdata" moto at $45 should be at least 4gb since unlimited is $60.

I would like to see a 2gb at $25-35 this would prolly create a lot of noise for low end users and texting teens.

• Like 2

That was hard to listen to

Somehow I think this is almost "research" for masa he is doing what the feds wanted.... Later he can go back and say sprint/Tmo are only killing each other while vzw/att still have huge profits...

So we did it your way..it didn't work now let us merge.... Please..

Hopefully, sprint buys uscc first

• Like 7

Somehow I think this is almost "research" for masa he is doing what the feds wanted.... Later he can go back and say sprint/Tmo are only killing each other while vzw/att still have huge profits...

Hopefully, sprint buys uscc first

Bingo

I don't think vzw nor att will engage in this new round of battles. They don't need to.

Unless either tmo or (and) sprint can achieve a fully competitive network. Which both companies are well on thier way to.

That was hard to listen to

No Shit. The magenta lovefest those two show is stomach turning. ugh

I hope to see one day our own very s4gru network analyst on those programs to set the record straight on facts.

TS

• Like 2

Sprint left itself room

Hopefully they will Offer the options like framily plan and double the data... Adding a golden touch would be to throttle after the limit so as they can say they are unlimited

Nobody wants framily

Well then you have options. You can either deal with having the burden of unlimited data or go to verizon and get the cap you want. Or better yet switch to Ting or Republic, enjoy the Sprint network that we are all following the buildout of, and simply pay for what you use. You may be the only person to ever complain about being offered unlimited data (as a consumer. As enthusiasts we know there are some problems with unlimited abusers, but that doesn't apply here)

Well then you have options. You can either deal with having the burden of unlimited data or go to verizon and get the cap you want. Or better yet switch to Ting or Republic, enjoy the Sprint network that we are all following the buildout of, and simply pay for what you use. You may be the only person to ever complain about being offered unlimited data (as a consumer. As enthusiasts we know there are some problems with unlimited abusers, but that doesn't apply here)

I'm not complaining about being offered unlimited. I said that it would be nice to have the same options that Framily did. Right now it appears on your bill as $30 voice/text + $30 unlimited data. They could easily offer different add ons such as $10 or $20 for different sized data buckets in place of that $30 unlimited add on.

• Like 3

This one's interesting.  According to Fierce Wireless now that a Sprint/Tmo merger plans are off a "major" wireless carrier is looking to acquire FreedomPop.  FreedomPop is a Sprint MVNO with nearly 1 million subs for its service.  So is the mystery carrier Sprint?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/major-carrier-said-be-considering-acquiring-mvno-freedompop/2014-08-25?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Editor&utm_campaign=SocialMedia

A "major carrier" is considering purchasing Sprint (NYSE: S) MVNO FreedomPop, according to a person familiar with the matter. The talks started after Sprint reportedly discontinued its efforts to merge with T-Mobile US (NYSE:TMUS). The talks were described as "formal," although they are still in the negotiation stage and the transaction may not come to pass.

Could this be one more service offering to add to the new Sprint's quiver?

• Like 2

This is the best post you've ever had.   :goodpost: 

Robert

• Like 1