Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Actually, if you're okay with less tethering, you could just get the $50 T-Mobile plan and have unlimited with 1GB of tethering. Then when the promo wears off, see what else they have. A comparable plan on Sprint would be $70/mo, because to use your phone for tethering at all you have to have at least the $10 add-on.

With the new family share the comparable plan is 50 and you get 2 gigs.

Maybe you want the new sharp edgeless handset? $10 a month.

I personally love the freedom.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Now he'll break into George Michael garb and sing, "I don't want your Freedom!"

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Maybe it is their game plan to add on hotspot later as another "weapon of mass destruction" in this price war. As Rawvega said...they "Have" room to expand and make better. That's probably their plan...:-D

• Like 2

I don't know why the confusion about easy pay on everything data;

The only reason to use easy pay on everything data, is to get a new phone when you are not in your upgrade period.

year 0, buy subsidized phone for ~$200

year 1, buy easy pay phone for ~0 down + ~20 month

year 2, buy subsidized phone for ~$200

etc, repeat ad infinity

alternatively to easy pay, just buy a phone unsubsidized whenever you want on a CREDIT CARD, oh em gee.

Edited by dedub
  • Like 9

I don't know why the confusion about easy pay on everything data;

The only reason to use easy pay on everything data, is to get a new phone when you are not in your upgrade period.

year 0, buy subsidized phone for ~$200

year 1, buy easy pay phone for ~0 down + ~20 month

year 2, buy subsidized phone for ~$200

etc, repeat ad infinity

alternatively to easy pay, just buy a phone unsubsidized whenever you want on a CREDIT CARD, oh em gee.

Depending on the credit card you bought it with you also probably get extended warranties rolled into it. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5335-phone-insurance-a-rip-off/page-2?hl=%20credit%20%20card%20%20warranty

• Like 3

Also keep in mind that most people don't need a new phone every two years.  

Okay that's just crazy talk right there.  :P Most folks I know can't wait till the two year contract is up just to get another phone. Within two years most phones have better internal components and or features.  

$60/unlimited without a subsidy is a great idea.

It's simple.

I think they should have offered 1-2GB of hotspot as well, since T-Mobile offers something.  Keep it competitive.

Glad phone subsidies have been removed from the wireless equation now.

I think the plan is great, but I do admit having a hotspot add on would have sweeten the pot.

Im not working today sorry.

BOOOOO, er um I mean Have a nice day off.  :D

Anyway, i do agree that the plans have reason to grow and knowing Mr John Fork-tongue Legere, he may come up with something, which in turn Sprint has additional stuff in  their sleeves to return fire which is why they didn't throw the kitchen sink in the plans put out this week. Fork-Tingue is very good at talking the talk and marketing it but he has awoken a sleeping giant in Sprint that will do nothing to get its base back. 

TS

• Like 1

eh, but I didn't agree or disagree to anything.

he stated that previously he was unable to get sprint or sprint representatives to allow him to use easy pay on his existing ED plan.

Others have stated that apparently now you can, a recent change.

I don't know what there is to argue about, although some people are rightfully pointing out that by using easy pay on a subsidized plan, you are effectively paying for 2 devices.

But what no one else, beside me, is saying that you may be paying for 2 devices, however you are getting 2 devices.

What is you definition of "most places"?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well, I live in NJ, work in NY, have travelled to Philly, Miami, Orlando, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, and Las Vegas within the past year.

4G for the areas that I need it for NJ/NY is simply unusable, that's why I turn LTE off.  Philly was pretty good for couple of places that I was at but not too much in some other areas. Chicago was decent in the one hotel that I stayed at and around that area.  Boston, Miami, Orlando and Las Vegas are all pretty bad LTE wise and just usable on 3G.  Los Angeles can be bad or good as I was driving around the different places.

So based on my experience above, that's my definition of most places.  Not necessary everyone's experience.

I think this is where the Brightstar/Softbank/Sprint relationship will shine. I think they will be in the position to negotiate for really good bulk purchasing. Everyone keeps making comparisons with high end phones as the example. There are lots of people that walk into get phones with the intention to spend as little as possible. They are the free phone people, they never pay for the latest and greatest and never will. As wireless enthusiasts we don't really see things from that perspective, but it is a sizeable amount of subscribers.

Except SoftBank is GSM and Sprint is not. And Verizon is going CDMA-only in 2016 so taht will jack up the costs for phones with CDMA chips

Except SoftBank is GSM and Sprint is not. And Verizon is going CDMA-only in 2016 so taht will jack up the costs for phones with CDMA chips

The cost of CDMA chips is over hyped. Almost all Qualcomm chips support CDMA already. It just need to be programmed to do it. The same chips are used in CDMA phones that are used in most GSM phones. It is software controlled, not hardware.

Also, Sprint and Verizon have been getting different hardware for years now.

The Nexus 5 is a great example. 2 models work pretty much everywhere on the planet. Same with iPhones, they actually only make a few models.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's because Randall is in the edge of town and can't respond. To which i responded lol

Retweeted.

• Like 5

Well, I live in NJ, work in NY, have travelled to Philly, Miami, Orlando, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, and Las Vegas within the past year.

4G for the areas that I need it for NJ/NY is simply unusable, that's why I turn LTE off. Philly was pretty good for couple of places that I was at but not too much in some other areas. Chicago was decent in the one hotel that I stayed at and around that area. Boston, Miami, Orlando and Las Vegas are all pretty bad LTE wise and just usable on 3G. Los Angeles can be bad or good as I was driving around the different places.

So based on my experience above, that's my definition of most places. Not necessary everyone's experience.

And millions of people have a different experience than you too. Even in the same cities.

• Like 5

Verizon has not said they are going to exclusive LTE only starting in 2016. They have said they are going to trial their first device that will be LTE only. And that date has slipped twice already. Don't read that as the complete end to CDMA availability. It is phasing out, but not quite that quickly.

• Like 1

Verizon has not said they are going to exclusive LTE only starting in 2016. They have said they are going to trial their first device that will be LTE only. And that date has slipped twice already. Don't read that as the complete end to CDMA availability. It is phasing out, but not quite that quickly.

Trust me vzw isn't all lte

I have a Verizon g pad and it doesn't have 3g. I rarely lose LTE. I only know of one building where I do. In building T-Mobile is not that bad but Sprint 800 is getting good at it. Very hard to tell because there is no real way to know if 800 LTE is optimized or not.

Trust me vzw isn't all lte

• Like 1

I have a Verizon g pad and it doesn't have 3g. I rarely lose LTE. I only know of one building where I do. In building T-Mobile is not that bad but Sprint 800 is getting good at it. Very hard to tell because there is no real way to know if 800 LTE is optimized or not.

It would probably work better with an LTE only device.  I rarely see VZW 3G, but when I do it's because the LTE network shunts me down to 3G.  Whereas if I was in LTE Only mode, it couldn't do that to me.

Robert

• Like 1

I also notice that sprints LTE is better on LTE only mode on the nexus 5. Sprints towers will cut you down from a LTE signal even if its usable to unusable 3g often if you hit -120dbm. Yes I have seen -120dbm provide 2-3mbps on LTE. Im just glad the csfb issues are over. I was going batshit.

It would probably work better with an LTE only device. I rarely see VZW 3G, but when I do it's because the LTE network shunts me down to 3G. Whereas if I was in LTE Only mode, it couldn't do that to me.

Robert

• Like 3