Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

If I was an average customer, I'd also be upset that my bill would jump so much in a year, so that the regular price for four lines ($160) is the same as the big two, albeit with more data. Unless of course they enjoy jumping from company to company year after year.

Sadly I belive most people these days are very use to timed promotions. I almost think "we like them", it does spawn competition though! Oh and currently even after the waived access fee promo ends the customer is saving about $100 for 20gb of data.

Super disappointed in Sprint today. I went into the corporate store to sign up and the process was a mess. First I had to setup the account and then verify a zero balance with sprint from 15 months ago when I left for Ting. The verification took 45 minutes. Once that was done I was then informed by the manager that because I am on Ting I am not eligible for the waived port in fee. So over an hour and 15 mins for nothing.

Apparently I am still considered a Sprint customer when I pay a different company for service. For my two lines this was a $30/month difference and it killed the deal for me.

I don't see myself rejoining Sprint ever again because of this. I'll have to explore my options elsewhere.

Very disappointed because this restriction for Ting was not in place before.

Anyways, thus ends my experience with Sprint.

port out to one of those prepaid no contract deals then port into sprint.

where there is a will there is a way.

Edited by cavendano

Sadly I belive most people these days are very use to timed promotions. I almost think "we like them", it does spawn competition though! Oh and currently even after the waived access fee promo ends the customer is saving about $100 for 20gb of data.

I think you might be on to something - similar to how cable and satellite companies will will have new customer promos.  Hoping it won't be the case though.

I think you might be on to something - similar to how cable and satellite companies will will have new customer promos. Hoping it won't be the case though.

Thing is - majority of the people that want a smartphone, have one. So the providers will play for switchers. Which means timed promotions.
  • Like 1

Just confirmed in a chat that existing discounted lines are grandfathered in to the $15 access charge (as long as one line on the account qualifies)!  Thanks @utiz4321 for pushing this argument, I had this wrong

ive asked the same thing, 6 different times, Half saying what this had, other half telling me no, its $40  :rolleyes:

Although i guess there was training about this plan, there is still confusion among the reps (no surprise) 

This was the case for Sprint owned MVNOs but not Ting. I had friends that ported from Ting back to Sprint and had promo deals given to them. It was one of the reasons I joined Ting rather than leaving Sprint altogether.

Port your numbers to an att go phone. Wait about 30 days and then port your numbers to sprint so you can take advantage of the promotion

• Like 1

ive asked the same thing, 6 different times, Half saying what this had, other half telling me no, its $40  :rolleyes:

Although i guess there was training about this plan, there is still confusion among the reps (no surprise) 

looks like is really $15. Had the lady on the phone look up the stuff and read it back to me. 

Port your numbers to an att go phone. Wait about 30 days and then port your numbers to sprint so you can take advantage of the promotion

What about T-Mobile? I have a Nexus 5 and Iphone 5 which should both work on Swiss Cheese-Mobile.  

• Like 1

Any carrier that is not affiliated with Sprint such as Ting, boost, Virgin Straight talk/Tracphone Cdma etc.

Virgin Mobile and Boost are pretty much directly affiliated with Sprint as both are wholly owned subsidiaries....

Right, I think IamMrFamous07 meant that those carriers were examples of Sprint affiliates/MVNOs/divisions that were the exceptions to the general rule of "port out and you can port back in as a new customer in a month."

• Like 1

Right, I think IamMrFamous07 meant that those carriers were examples of Sprint affiliates/MVNOs/divisions that were the exceptions to the general rule of "port out and you can port back in as a new customer in a month."

Yeah I misread his post.

I have been on a cruise ship, so I mostly missed the news (small updates in port) -- but these new plans underwhelmed me... More importantly, I dragged two other accounts into the Framily mix with me... as Framily falls away, when/if we lose lines on our Framily it looks like our bills will go up until we either leave for the competition or merge into more current Sprint plans -- not cool.  Especially since the cost goes up for any combination of parties involved (1 line, 2 lines and 6 lines)...

I have been on a cruise ship, so I mostly missed the news (small updates in port) -- but these new plans underwhelmed me... More importantly, I dragged two other accounts into the Framily mix with me... as Framily falls away, when/if we lose lines on our Framily it looks like our bills will go up until we either leave for the competition or merge into more current Sprint plans -- not cool. Especially since the cost goes up for any combination of parties involved (1 line, 2 lines and 6 lines)...

Your Framily plan will not go away. Sprint has not really ever removed old plans. Someone may not be able to start a new Framily plan, but people can come and go from existing Framily accounts. If Framily works for you, keep it. Nothing to be worked up about.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

Your Framily plan will not go away. Sprint has not really ever removed old plans. Someone may not be able to start a new Framily plan, but people can come and go from existing Framily accounts. If Framily works for you, keep it. Nothing to be worked up about.

I have been on a cruise ship, so I mostly missed the news (small updates in port) -- but these new plans underwhelmed me... More importantly, I dragged two other accounts into the Framily mix with me... as Framily falls away, when/if we lose lines on our Framily it looks like our bills will go up until we either leave for the competition or merge into more current Sprint plans -- not cool.  Especially since the cost goes up for any combination of parties involved (1 line, 2 lines and 6 lines)...

Is the Framily plan going away completely on August 22?

No.The Framily plan still remains available; however, Sprint will focus our promotional marketing efforts on the new Sprint Family Share Pack.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_more_about_the_Sprint_Framily_Plan/315d1dfb-7fe2-4e5a-b633-36db2003ecc8#faq21

That should answer your question. 

• Like 3

Is the Framily plan going away completely on August 22?

No.The Framily plan still remains available; however, Sprint will focus our promotional marketing efforts on the new Sprint Family Share Pack.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_more_about_the_Sprint_Framily_Plan/315d1dfb-7fe2-4e5a-b633-36db2003ecc8#faq21

That should answer your question. 

That is what they say, but go to the Sprint site as a new customer and try to start a new Framily plan.  I couldn't find any way to do it after adding a phone to the cart.  Only option available was the new plan. 

By not going away, I'm starting they mean existing plans can stay and be joined, but you can't start a brand new one.    Maybe you can in store. ?  Hopefully one of our Sprint members can clarify. 

That is what they say, but go to the Sprint site as a new customer and try to start a new Framily plan. I couldn't find any way to do it after adding a phone to the cart. Only option available was the new plan.

By not going away, I'm starting they mean existing plans can stay and be joined, but you can't start a brand new one. Maybe you can in store. ? Hopefully one of our Sprint members can clarify.

Why would they list it online? I'd think that - that would just confuse people.

That is what they say, but go to the Sprint site as a new customer and try to start a new Framily plan. I couldn't find any way to do it after adding a phone to the cart. Only option available was the new plan.

By not going away, I'm starting they mean existing plans can stay and be joined, but you can't start a brand new one. Maybe you can in store. ? Hopefully one of our Sprint members can clarify.

I am new to Sprint and want to purchase Sprint Framily.

- Customers can purchase a new phone with installment billing, with non-discounted phone pricing, or bring their own Sprint-certified device (excludes Assurance Wireless, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile devices).

- The new phone line(s) on the new account can be assigned to a new Framily group or join an existing Framily group within 14 days of the first subscriber activating on the new account.

- We encourage new accounts coming to Sprint, not already associated with an existing Framily, to consider our new Sprint Family Share Pack.

This was on the framily faq, page.

The other line items for adding new members etc, Said to a Sprint store.

I understand.  I just think it might be harder to maintain a quorum of 7 lines now... We will see... I feel there is more competition across the industry on it's way and many options will remain available.  Don't take my post as a sky is falling comment.  I just hope that Sprint gets focused on a set of plans and stops bouncing around (for many reason than I mentioned, obviously)...

• Like 1

Why would they list it online? I'd think that - that would just confuse people.

Same reason Sprint took ED share off their website once they released my way plans. Sprint.com only wants to sell current plans online but if you go to a store they still have access to old plans. I stopped selling ED share to new customers after framily came out.

• Like 1

Same reason Sprint took ED share off their website once they released my way plans. Sprint.com only wants to sell current plans online but if you go to a store they still have access to old plans. I stopped selling ED share to new customers after framily came out.

That was my point....