Alright, I'm trying it out. So far, following Robert's procedure still resulted in no logging. Trying a few more variations on it with more reboots. I'm assuming random chance, rather than a specific procedure, will start the logging.
I've actually had another weird database issue lately. I use SQLiteStudio to manage my data, and for my G8X (Android 9), when I dump out the database, I have to run a "vacuum" operation on it in order to make it save properly after editing, rather than just committing the data. If I merely commit and send it back to the phone, the import appears to work, but none of my rows get updated. It's only that particular one; my other phones (Android 8 for all of them) do not have that problem, and I have Sprint and US Cellular in the same database which gets shared between the two phones. If it wasn't for Robert's similar experience, I'd wonder if it wasn't a coincidence, and whether Android 9 has upgraded SQLite somehow and the two aren't entirely compatible anymore. The vacuum operation shrinks the size of my .db file from 5.8MB to 5.2MB, but if I dump it out again immediately after importing on my G8X, it dumps at 5.8MB. But on my new US Cellular Moto E5 Play, when I dump it back out, it's still 5.2MB with nothing having changed, as if it were being treated as read-only, except that if I change a note within the app, it does actually update in the dumped database file without updating the last_time field.
All of my new E5 Play phones are rooted; if there's any operation I can do as root that might be helpful either in tracking it down or fixing it, let me know.
Separately, I'm loving the "accent" option. Very useful. Two comments though. 1) Can you set the yellow accent for Shentel? It doesn't seem to show any accent at all when set to Shentel. 2) Can you have it follow the PLMN rather than the provider name? I am still having that issue where, for example, connecting to US Cellular B5 sometimes calls it Sprint B5 or Shentel B5. So I might get the yellow accent when the PLMN clearly shows I'm on US Cellular.
You can actually sort of see both issues at once here; it says I'm connected to Shentel B5 rather than US Cellular B5, and also is not showing an accent. https://imgur.com/a/28YwFfo
Also, two additional questions: 1) Are you using the same blue shade for AT&T and US Cellular? They certainly look similar to me, and Sprint can currently roam on both. Despite the corporate color of US Cellular being a shade of blue, I always use green for US Cellular since it's largely in more rural areas and green makes it a lot easier to distinguish from AT&T. 2) Can you add cyan and magenta as text color options? Because I now carry a phone for each carrier, and four of them are Moto E5 Play phones, having the colors for the text might be a way to help tell them apart at a glance easier. But there's no magenta for T-Mobile, and the current blue option which I would use for AT&T is way too dark. I think the red feels too dark as well, but I'm not sure what to do about that.
I checked out your report; it all looks good, nothing to indicate that logging might not work. These logging glitches are very odd and difficult to reproduce across devices sometimes, and it drives me mad. As Robert mentioned before me, his Motorola had similar issues. I couldn't find anything wrong on my end but a couple of reboots did the trick. I have no idea how or why that would fix anything, but please give his suggestion a try and let me know..
I had this issue when I purchased a Moto Z2 Force. I uploaded my log file immediately after activating and installing SCP from my previous phone. Drove me nuts. What I finally did to solve the problem...I had to disable the logger, reboot, re-enable the logger, reboot and then it worked.
I think I have been experiencing that with low-numbered Verizon 1X IDs (I never connect to Verizon LTE). I assumed it was something on my end, but maybe it's related.. I'll have to try getting some specifics and monitor that thread.