Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Am I seeing this right? Sprint is broadcasting a 3x3 B26 here in Williston, ND? To note, the 1x is what Verizon broadcasts as out here.5bee870218cf849bd19ff96e090b806e.jpga8c64a8eb27581ac0c3ce5c70d12abe6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, near the borders some of their B26 channels might be 3 MHz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yeah, near the borders some of their B26 channels might be 3 MHz.

Yeah, but this is in roaming territory and definitely not on their coverage map.

• Like 1

Yeah, but this is in roaming territory and definitely not on their coverage map.

310-120 is most certainly Sprint.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bretton88 said:

The GCI matches Sprint for that area.  -99 RSRP on B26 could be many miles away.  Your almost in Montana, but it's market GCI is 094.  US 2 is the major east-west highway in those parts.  See any others?  The Cellular One Montana site did not go that far east.  You were likely north of the site.  3x3 B26 can still be respectable speed wise, Max 21.4 Mbps.

The GCI matches Sprint for that area.  -99 RSRP on B26 could be many miles away.  Your almost in Montana, but it's market GCI is 094.  US 2 is the major east-west highway in those parts.  See any others?  The Cellular One Montana site did not go that far east.  You were likely north of the site.  3x3 B26 can still be respectable speed wise, Max 21.4 Mbps.
I believe I was North of the site. I did not get any signal until I got into the north side of town. I just was surprised to see B26 where no Sprint activity has been mentioned at all. I'm not sure whether to treat it as a native signal yet. I'll see if I can find B25 as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bretton88 said:

Am I seeing this right? Sprint is broadcasting a 3x3 B26 here in Williston, ND? To note, the 1x is what Verizon broadcasts as out here.5bee870218cf849bd19ff96e090b806e.jpga8c64a8eb27581ac0c3ce5c70d12abe6.jpg

Yes. Canada is primary in that region and thus Sprint only has enough spectrum for 3x3 L800. 

I believe I was North of the site. I did not get any signal until I got into the north side of town. I just was surprised to see B26 where no Sprint activity has been mentioned at all. I'm not sure whether to treat it as a native signal yet. I'll see if I can find B25 as well.

New added coverage maybe?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Sprint's First 5G Devices Available May 31; Pre-Order Begins May 17 for LG V50 ThinQ 5G and HTC 5G Hub

• LG V50 ThinQ 5G is just $24 per month with $0down with Sprint Flex lease – that’s half off the lease price.1
  • HTC 5G Hub is just $12.50 per month – that’s a savings of 50 percent. Activate HTC 5G Hub with 100GB of high-speed data for just $60 per month.2

Big news. Who’s ordering?

Fine Print:

1 LG V50 $24/month after $24/month credit, applied within two bills. With approved credit, 18-month lease, and new line of service or eligible upgrade. If you cancel early, remaining balance due. LG V50 ThinQ SRP: $1,152. Reqs capable plan. 5G coverage will be limited in select cities. See Sprint.com/coverage for actual coverage and availability.
2 HTC Hub $12.50/month after $12.50/month credit, applied within two bills. With approved credit, 24-month installment billing agreement, and new line of service. If you cancel early, remaining balance due. Tax due at sale. 5G coverage will be limited in select cities. See Sprint.com/coverage for actual coverage and availability. HTC 5G Hub SRP: $600$60/100GB MBB Price Plan - With AutoPay. MHS reduced to 2G speeds after 100 GB/mo. Data deprioritization during congestion. Excludes taxes, fees and roaming. Number of devices may be limited by hardware. Restrictions apply.
3 New customers must activate 5G handsets on the Unlimited Premium plan. Existing customers must have eligible plan and may be required to change plans. Pricing shown with AutoPay. One Hulu ad-supported plan per eligible Sprint account. HD content varies by device and connection. MHS reduced to 3G speeds after 100GB/month. Data deprioritization during congestion. $80 per month for line one, additional $60 per month for second line, additional $20 per line for lines 3-5. Excludes taxes, fees and roaming.

Curious what constitutes an eligible plan... This is a way to “charge more” for 5G without explicitly saying it.

Edited by RedSpark
Added plan language
  • Like 3

Sprint's First 5G Devices Available May 31; Pre-Order Begins May 17 for LG V50 ThinQ 5G and HTC 5G Hub
  • LG V50 ThinQ 5G is just $24 per month with $0down with Sprint Flex lease – that’s half off the lease price.1
  • HTC 5G Hub is just $12.50 per month – that’s a savings of 50 percent. Activate HTC 5G Hub with 100GB of high-speed data for just $60 per month.2
Big news. Who’s ordering?
Fine Print:
1 LG V50 $24/month after $24/month credit, applied within two bills. With approved credit, 18-month lease, and new line of service or eligible upgrade. If you cancel early, remaining balance due. LG V50 ThinQ SRP: $1,152. Reqs capable plan. 5G coverage will be limited in select cities. See Sprint.com/coverage for actual coverage and availability.
2 HTC Hub $12.50/month after $12.50/month credit, applied within two bills. With approved credit, 24-month installment billing agreement, and new line of service. If you cancel early, remaining balance due. Tax due at sale. 5G coverage will be limited in select cities. See Sprint.com/coverage for actual coverage and availability. HTC 5G Hub SRP: $600. $60/100GB MBB Price Plan - With AutoPay. MHS reduced to 2G speeds after 100 GB/mo. Data deprioritization during congestion. Excludes taxes, fees and roaming. Number of devices may be limited by hardware. Restrictions apply.
New customers must activate 5G handsets on the Unlimited Premium plan. Existing customers must have eligible plan and may be required to change plans. Pricing shown with AutoPay. One Hulu ad-supported plan per eligible Sprint account. HD content varies by device and connection. MHS reduced to 3G speeds after 100GB/month. Data deprioritization during congestion. $80 per month for line one, additional $60 per month for second line, additional $20 per line for lines 3-5. Excludes taxes, fees and roaming.
Curious what constitutes an eligible plan... This is a way to “charge more” for 5G without explicitly saying it.

Only available in 4 cities .. I’m sure not many

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 9:42 PM, dkyeager said:

It's not in my experience. You're lucky to break 500Kbps.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:46 PM, bretton88 said:

It'll probably in or close to town. I would check there first. 

22 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Only available in 4 cities .. I’m sure not many

Yeah. We’ll see how that goes.

“Both devices will initially be available to customers in the first four expected 5G markets – AtlantaDallasHouston and Kansas City. They will then be available in Sprint’s other 5G markets – ChicagoLos AngelesNew York CityPhoenix and Washington, D.C. – in the next few weeks.”

At least the next set of 5G cities is rolling out soon. I wonder which cities come after that, or if they’re going to pause until the merger decision deadline hits.

That’s one advantage of how Apple trails everyone. The network is more ready for the device.

Yeah. We’ll see how that goes.
“Both devices will initially be available to customers in the first four expected 5G markets – Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and Kansas City. They will then be available in Sprint’s other 5G markets – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Phoenix and Washington, D.C. – in the next few weeks.”
At least the next set of 5G cities is rolling out soon. I wonder which cities come after that, or if they’re going to pause until the merger decision deadline hits.
That’s one advantage of how Apple trails everyone. The network is more ready for the device.

I think they pause the decision is 16 days ways or so .. it funny I was in Phoenix and Vegas this weekend .. I spotted more massive Mimo in Vegas than Phoenix

23 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

I think they pause the decision is 16 days ways or so .. it funny I was in Phoenix and Vegas this weekend .. I spotted more massive Mimo in Vegas than Phoenix

That’s interesting you observed that.

I’m curious if the 5G in the second wave cities is quietly live yet?

The merger deadline was pushed back to July 29, 2019: https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/04/29/t-mobile-sprint-merger-deadline-delay/

Seems like the 2nd wave of 5G will take them to the merger deadline. I suspect they’ll hold off on other substantial 5G deployments until after the merger deadline.

That’s interesting you observed that.
I’m curious if the 5G in the second wave cities is quietly live yet?
The merger deadline was pushed back to July 29, 2019: https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/04/29/t-mobile-sprint-merger-deadline-delay/
Seems like the 2nd wave of 5G will take them to the merger deadline. I suspect they’ll hold off on other substantial 5G deployments until after the merger deadline.

I don’t think that date will be accurate .. according to sources: the doj is sensing that due to the concessions the FCC is inclined to approve the deal. So, the DOJ seem now on board to say yes or no around the same time as the fcc in early June

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

I don’t think that date will be accurate .. according to sources: the doj is sensing that due to the concessions the FCC is inclined to approve the deal. So, the DOJ seem now on board to say yes or no around the same time as the fcc in early June

Interesting... what makes you think this?   Not saying you're wrong, but am hopeful you are correct.

Interesting... what makes you think this?   Not saying you're wrong, but am hopeful you are correct.

This is what the article and sources are saying over at Bloomberg .. they are currently saying just about any and everything to get this approved lol.. oh you want all of my prepaid ok that’s fine you can have it lol

51 minutes ago, though said:

Will the HTC 5G work on B41 only? Is "5G" service required for the thing to work at all?

If you go to HTC's website you'll see it has support for pretty much every U.S. LTE band, so no.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

This is what the article and sources are saying over at Bloomberg .. they are currently saying just about any and everything to get this approved lol.. oh you want all of my prepaid ok that’s fine you can have it lol

Bloomberg was the same company that made up the SuperMicro hoax story. I wouldn't trust anything they say.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

It's not in my experience. You're lucky to break 500Kbps.

You're at the edge of the empire, like a Roman soldier on Hadrian's Wall.

• Like 1