Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

4 hours ago, dro1984 said:

No.  No we don't.  Wrong.

Sprint has over 56 million customers, do we need to really go down this rabbit hole?! Is Sprint perfect? Nope, is any carrier perfect!? Nope. You should go with what works for you, if Sprint was somehow not meeting my needs, I would have moved on a long time ago.

I'm not with them to save a buck, I'm still with them because the network meets my needs (and I consider myself a pretty heavy data user) and customer support has always taken care of any/all my issues. 

As a plus, I personally enjoy the community Robert and gang have created here, which has been extremely educational and enjoyable.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

oda8N8Q.jpg
That's impressive. It makes TMobile look very slow where I live. I just wish that Sprint would just fix the coverage gaps they have in my area. But in town where they have service and they have decent coverage the speeds are pretty good I'm not going to lie Sprint has gotten really good with the speeds I'm impressed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Which many of us already have..
iPhone 8 and S8 are many of us? I don't on my S9+ people with S10 are saying issues

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's impressive. It makes TMobile look very slow where I live. I just wish that Sprint would just fix the coverage gaps they have in my area. But in town where they have service and they have decent coverage the speeds are pretty good I'm not going to lie Sprint has gotten really good with the speeds I'm impressed.

I'm sure they want to, they just lack funding, backhaul being the worst for funding, that's why we need Tmo

4 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

iPhone 8 and S8 are many of us? I don't on my S9+ people with S10 are saying issues

I have a ceramic GS10+ picked up at launch and have never experienced the issues reported by many users. Maybe just luck or maybe there might be a difference between the normal GS10 vs the ceramic ones.

I'm sure they want to, they just lack funding, backhaul being the worst for funding, that's why we need Tmo

I'm saying Sprint speeds here have gotten better. I'm not going to deny that. coverage obviously can use improvements here but obviously they need money for that so I'm not going to complain about that. But other than that Sprint has improved that's definitely a true fact

• Like 4

I'm saying Sprint speeds here have gotten better. I'm not going to deny that. coverage obviously can use improvements here but obviously they need money for that so I'm not going to complain about that. But other than that Sprint has improved that's definitely a true fact

Yes they have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Saw bringing the heat once again...

Sprint has a real opportunity to shine here with 5G.

Sprint has not seized the day.  They would have gotten better coverage if they were first.  Hopefully they launch the day of the first 5G phone release in the US that is not via an add-on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkyeager said:

Sprint has not seized the day.  They would have gotten better coverage if they were first.  Hopefully they launch the day of the first 5G phone release in the US that is not via an add-on.

Sprint will end up with quite a 5G coverage advantage on day one. The question is, how long will they be able to hold that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dkyeager said:

The first 5G phone release in the US is the Galaxy S10 5G which will be available online for Verizon customers starting April 18th and won't be available in stores until May. Sprint already announced that they're launching their 5G network in May so they won't be launching the day of the first 5G phone release.

The first 5G phone release in the US is the Galaxy S10 5G which will be available online for Verizon customers starting April 18th and won't be available in stores until May. Sprint already announced that they're launching their 5G network in May so they won't be launching the day of the first 5G phone release.

Someone forgot about the V50. Which is Sprints first 5G phone. It must be coming in May.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Was hoping for the LG V50 which is supposed to be released April 19th in Korea.  Overnight a few and sell them to select S4Gru customers lol.  Seriously why Sprint has not lined up a few celebrities to have a soft launch beforehand is beyond me.  Oh yeah, that requires marketing! I keep forgetting :rofl: Money would also help.  It would not surprise me if even T-Mobile beats them to 5G (if they wish to use mmWave) although waiting for the next chipset is likely better for 600MHz to serve many more people.

Sprint's LG V50 is more likely to be on the slow boat.  Will Sprint give the Massive MIMO sites enough backhaul to make a splash?  Only time will tell.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Someone forgot about the V50. Which is Sprints first 5G phone. It must be coming in May.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I didn't forget. I misunderstood and thought he meant the first 5G phone in general, not on Sprint.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Sprint would have been first if the capex spigot wasn’t turned off for so long.

It’s finally back on, but that was a couple years of no substantial network investment if I recall correctly. Heck, Sprint is still trying to get Band 41 to all of its sites (and Band 26 as well).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Sprint would have been first if the capex spigot wasn’t turned off for so long.

It’s finally back on, but that was a couple years of no substantial network investment if I recall correctly. Heck, Sprint is still trying to get Band 41 to all of its sites (and Band 26 as well).

Agree.  If they had more money, they would have installed Massive MIMO at all sites in the areas where they hold a large amount of B41 spectrum.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Agree.  If they had more money, they would have installed Massive MIMO at all sites in the areas where they hold a large amount of B41 spectrum.

Spot on.

Hopefully the Massive MIMO deployment is much more aggressive/saturated than the 8T8R deployment was at the outset.

I’m hoping this isn’t a “showpiece” deployment.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Spot on.

Hopefully the Massive MIMO deployment is much more aggressive/saturated than the 8T8R deployment was at the outset.

Massive MIMOs can also be used for sites that need more capacity or have RF shadow issues.  Cities that are promised 5g deployments do need enough Massive MIMOs to make a real difference along with enough backhaul.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Spot on.

My most used site, which is ~125 miles out of Chicago, received M-MIMO about a month ago. 

• Like 5

Interesting.... I think it would have been better to wait for VoLTE to go live on more devices.

Speaking of VOLTE. Has Sprint said anything about the next round of VOLTE launches?

I’m dying over here. [emoji20]
  • Like 2