Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

3 minutes ago, tybo31316 said:

Speaking of VOLTE. Has Sprint said anything about the next round of VOLTE launches?

I’m dying over here. emoji20.png

I think the S9 got them yesterday

I think the S9 got them yesterday

My iPhone XS MAX has VOLTE. Sprint hasn’t launched it in my market yet. I can go an hour and half south and BAM [emoji95] VOLTE. Just not available in my market.

3 minutes ago, tybo31316 said:

My iPhone XS MAX has VOLTE. Sprint hasn’t launched it in my market yet. I can go an hour and half south and BAM emoji95.png VOLTE. Just not available in my market.

Yea we have here in STL but I don't have it on my phone. I want to get the V50 when it comes out but worried that it will long than my G7 to get it. Stuck in between a rock and hard place!!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tybo31316 said:

Speaking of VOLTE. Has Sprint said anything about the next round of VOLTE launches?

I’m dying over here. emoji20.png

Not that I’ve heard... I’m on an iPhone XS in a supported market so I’ve had it for a while now. I get what you’re feeling.

It would seem ridiculous for Sprint to have a 5G launch without officially launching VoLTE... but it’s certainly possible that could happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terrell352 said:

Where did you see that at?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Someone I know sent a SS showing LTE Calling (Beta). 

Someone I know sent a SS showing LTE Calling (Beta). 
LTE Calling (Beta) is Calling Plus rebranded and has been on the S9 for months. It will actually say VoLTE when we get it.

25 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

LTE Calling (Beta) is Calling Plus rebranded and has been on the S9 for months. It will actually say VoLTE when we get it.

I hope an analyst asks Sprint about VoLTE at the next Earnings Call... This is getting ridiculous.

An expanded satisfaction guarantee is a bad idea in my opinion when you can't yet offer simultaneous voice/data via VoLTE on a majority of devices.

This seems like an expensive proposition in the making...

• Like 2

I hope an analyst asks Sprint about VoLTE at the next Earnings Call... This is getting ridiculous.
Considering Dan Hasse was talking about it in NV 1.0 about 7 years ago I would say it's been past ridiculous.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Considering Dan Hasse was talking about it in NV 1.0 about 7 years ago I would say it's been past ridiculous.

Yup. If the money isn’t available, you wind up with a Ferrari that doesn’t have fuel.

So much potential. So little money.

• Like 1

Yup. If the money isn’t available, you wind up with a Ferrari that doesn’t have fuel.
So much potential. So little money.

That’s why the merger needs to happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tengen31 said:

That’s why the merger needs to happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No it doesn’t.

The whole idea of leading or “keeping up” with China for 5G is a farce in my opinion.

• Like 2

No it doesn’t.
The whole idea of leading or “keeping up” with China for 5G is a farce in my opinion.
I'm talking about more than that. Coverage isn't up to par with everyone else. Uploads are not that great and, waiting on VOLTE is getting old.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

On 4/10/2019 at 10:44 AM, nexgencpu said:

Sprint will end up with quite a 5G coverage advantage on day one. The question is, how long will they be able to hold that.

I'm curious about this as well. We're already seeing Massive MIMO antennas being deployed in other markets. 

Just now, Brad The Beast said:

Columbus I know for sure is one of them. @dkyeager can attest to this.

Groovy, Sprint needs to get off the switcher teat that is in the cities and focus on acquiring new customers in areas they provide poor to no service.

Just now, belusnecropolis said:

Groovy, Sprint needs to get off the switcher teat that is in the cities and focus on acquiring new customers in areas they provide poor to no service.

They need to but I don't think that's the best idea right now. I think the best plan right now is to improve service in the cities where they would get the best return on investment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brad The Beast said:

They need to but I don't think that's the best idea right now. I think the best plan right now is to improve service in the cities where they would get the best return on investment.

They are continually reducing prices in cities to try to convince people to switch. If they didn't get them with the MiniMacro rollout, I don't see adding 8t8r or a NR antenna with a smaller radii making much difference.  The product is already devalued in a saturated market. Move into greener pastures that have enough pent up demand for competition and a higher user spend. 

1 minute ago, belusnecropolis said:

They are continually reducing prices in cities to try to convince people to switch. If they didn't get them with the MiniMacro rollout, I don't see adding 8t8r or a NR antenna with a smaller radii making much difference.  The product is already devalued in a saturated market. Move into greener pastures that have enough pent up demand for competition and a higher user spend. 

They wouldn't make much money though right away. Especially since it would take them a while to actually roll out service to these areas because they have to deal with local government permitting which always takes ages. I think there is a great opportunity to provide both cellular and home internet service in these areas which could be a big money maker but I don't think cellular alone would be worth their while.

2 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

They wouldn't make much money though right away. Especially since it would take them a while to actually roll out service to these areas because they have to deal with local government permitting which always takes ages. I think there is a great opportunity to provide both cellular and home internet service in these areas which could be a big money maker but I don't think cellular alone would be worth their while.

Home internet would consume upwards of 10X the usage. Offering mobile only would achieve a greenfield spend and return ARPU above historically low levels in an area that previously offered no revenue, or cost due to roaming. In the cities we have seen in market roaming on T-mobile, prices drop dramatically and a stagnant add and higher churn. While debt spending on markets and sites that were recently upgraded. This makes no sense. 

2 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

Home internet would consume upwards of 10X the usage. Offering mobile only would achieve a greenfield spend and return ARPU above historically low levels in an area that previously offered no revenue, or cost due to roaming. In the cities we have seen in market roaming on T-mobile, prices drop dramatically and a stagnant add and higher churn. While debt spending on markets and sites that were recently upgraded. This makes no sense. 

I didn't think of roaming costs. But still, why would you spend money to provide service in an area where like 10 people live? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad The Beast said:

I didn't think of roaming costs. But still, why would you spend money to provide service in an area where like 10 people live? 

So you can get 10 paying customers, not paying VZW for roaming access, further subsidize your urban users who may or may not stay from month to month, and encourage development of connected services in a market you do not even perform in.

4 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

So you can get 10 paying customers, not paying VZW for roaming access, further subsidize your urban users who may or may not stay from month to month, and encourage development of connected services in a market you do not even perform in.

But certainly I could subsidize my urban users by improving services in their area, providing the ability to earn more paying customers? Then I'm increasing my ability to earn more money, thus making more money available for rural expansion.