Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

what sdk do i have to download how to properly install it. Theres like 10 different ways to install it

If you just want an easy way:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=53109829

Edit: go to message 108 in thread

search wugfresh nexus 5 rootkit to find the tool.

Back up first

Factory reset after.

Profit

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am still on 4.4.2 but flashed the 2.x.13 baseband.

Spent most of the afternoon and evening driving around in areas that provided me with ~99% B25 coverage on the .15 and .17 radios... tonight I was on LTE less than 50% of the time. When stuck on 3G in areas where I previously had great signal, airplane mode toggles usually connected me to LTE briefly, then back down to 3G within a few seconds.

B26 (occasional glimpses here and there) and B41 (none at all) are exactly the same as they were on previous radios. I'm guessing that's just the current state of the network in my area. I don't have another tri-band device to confirm this.

-Mike

I went ahead and flashed the full OTA and must agree with Mike.  Where I would maintain B25 previously I am not constantly being forced back to 3G.  Where I was being forced to 3G I was either in a low signal area or SCP would note that I couldn't make calls.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this indicate the tower has an eCSFB issue?

So it seems more than 50% of you are having issues with LTE after this update. How very disappointing. :( I'll be waiting for the OTA to hit my phone. If it screws up my LTE too, I won't be a very happy person.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

So it seems more than 50% of you are having issues with LTE after this update. How very disappointing. :( I'll be waiting for the OTA to hit my phone. If it screws up my LTE too, I won't be a very happy person.

I wouldn't say its necessarily bad(in my experience). Signal took a hit but quality of connection has increased a lot in the blanket covered areas. It seems like this update really benefits top 100 markets, and dense urban areas but shafts the rural/non complete areas.

• Like 1

If your coming from .23, I don't think you would be unhappy. I think most are upset coming from .15, Once B26 is more prevalent in your market those concerns are going to disappear. 

• Like 1

If your coming from .23, I don't think you would be unhappy. I think most are upset coming from .15, Once B26 is more prevalent in your market those concerns are going to disappear. 

Ding Ding Ding. 

.15 was great, but a lot of people did not use it due to eCSFB issues. But those that did use it are likely disappointed with .13

Those that were on .23, like myself, and upgraded to .13, see about the same performance on b25 and now have the addition of b41. I've had suuuuper smooth handoffs to b41 and back in areas I did not know it existed, there is no b26 in my area to test yet, though.

I'm happy.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say its necessarily bad(in my experience). Signal took a hit but quality of connection has increased a lot in the blanket covered areas. It seems like this update really benefits top 100 markets, and dense urban areas but shafts the rural/non complete areas.

Problem is, I live in rural/non complete areas. I have enough trouble maintaining EVDO at my house in the summer. That's why I have Fixed Wireless Broadband. I hope it holds up this summer.

So far, my iPhone hasn't found any B26 LTE. :( So at this point I have no idea how long before Pahrump will even get Sprint LTE period. And in Visalia, no B26 yet either.

Problem is, I live in rural/non complete areas. I have enough trouble maintaining EVDO at my house in the summer. That's why I have Fixed Wireless Broadband. I hope it holds up this summer.

So far, my iPhone hasn't found any B26 LTE. :( So at this point I have no idea how long before Pahrump will even get Sprint LTE period. And in Visalia, no B26 yet either.

The only saving grace is that B26 is spreading like wildfire, problem is, if I'm not mistaken, didn't your market just get its first LTE acceptance recently?

The only saving grace is that B26 is spreading like wildfire, problem is, if I'm not mistaken, didn't your market just get its first LTE acceptance recently?

No he's in the Las Vegas market, surrounded by GMOs, so until further notice he's stuck on 3G. And if they are ever able to lite up LTE, it'll be just Band 25.

Visalia has had LTE for a while. So has Vegas. As for Pahrump, it's anyone's guess at this point.

No he's in the Las Vegas market, surrounded by GMOs, so until further notice he's stuck on 3G. And if they are ever able to lite up LTE, it'll be just Band 25.

In that case I'd stick with .15 until things start picking up.

Pahrump's 2 towers are not GMO's thankfully!

You might be happy with this radio then. I'm in the same situation in my current home. I've noticed my 3g connection is more stable, my speeds have increased a bit (might be placebo), and I don't drop to roaming on Verizon when I drive out my subdivision like I used to every single time up until I put 4.4.3 on my n5.

Oh, never mind then! It's just a matter when will they lite up LTE now.

That's the problem. We don't know. We aren't sure who's providing the backhaul. :(

I came from .23, and am supremely disappointed thus far.  I'm in a relatively large market (Twin Cities), and for the past, say, two months, I've spent 80%+ time on LTE.  It's completely flipped with the new modem.  Right now, it's sitting next to me on 3G, in a spot where if I flash back to .23 I sit at about -97 on B25, and if I flash to .15 it's sub -90. 

When I do have LTE on the new modem, I've taken a marginal hit in quality (B25, only had a flash of B26 and no B41 yet).

• Like 1

First time connecting to b26 (I've always been 100% stock)..

Smooth handoffs driving around, never dropped off to 3g.

In building b26 is no better than b25, which is a big disappointment for me.

I still go from 1x to 3g to b25 to b26 in about a 1 foot area. I never know what I'm going to be on. I'm disappointed because I hoped b26 would let me steam the WC.

My experience does not support these conclusions. While I was running .15 for a while before 4.4.3 dropped, I did load up .23 for a couple of days in anticipation of 4.4.3, and I have run that radio in the past. On .23, I had a fine Band 25 connection at my office and in the downtown area (dense urban). I was connecting as expected to all accepted and live band 25 towers. However, with .13, as soon as I enter downtown, my phone drops to 3G and camps there, even though I am around several active towers. For example, right now I am sitting in my office next to 4 live towers, and I am camped on 3G. If I toggle airplane mode, I will connect to LTE, but after about 2 to 30 minutes, my phone switches back over to 3G and will not move off it unless I toggle airplane mode again.

In the suburban area, less dense, .13 is behaving just like .23 on Band 25.

As for Band 41 and Band 26, I have been able to connect to Band 26, but my phone has yet to hold on to a Band 41 connection on .13. I sat underneath a known active band 41 tower for 15 minutes but the phone would not connect to Band 41, even with an airplane toggle (it sat on Band 25).

I would expect Sprint to get complaints from unwitting Nexus 5 users, as this radio has completely nuked my Band 25 connection in the downtown area. I went from LTE full time on .23 to 3G full time on .13.

By the way, did a factory wipe and re-install; that did not change the problem. 

I live and work in the Covington/Mandeville area of Louisiana.  Prior to the 4.4.3 modem upgrade, I was on LTE 95% of the time, only dropping to 3g in a brief deadzone between two moderate LTE signals.  Now I am on 3g constantly, 100% of the time while I am in Covington, and on B25 or B26 while in Madisonville.  B26 is great when I get it. I ran a 22mb down, 8mb up speed test... but being forced to 3g the rest of the time doesn't make sense.

Well I don't know what to say. That's how my experience with 4.4.3 has been for the past two days. I did use the factory image method of installing, so I don't know if that has made a difference?

My experience does not support these conclusions. While I was running .15 for a while before 4.4.3 dropped, I did load up .23 for a couple of days in anticipation of 4.4.3, and I have run that radio in the past. On .23, I had a fine Band 25 connection at my office and in the downtown area (dense urban). I was connecting as expected to all accepted and live band 25 towers. However, with .13, as soon as I enter downtown, my phone drops to 3G and camps there, even though I am around several active towers. For example, right now I am sitting in my office next to 4 live towers, and I am camped on 3G. If I toggle airplane mode, I will connect to LTE, but after about 2 to 30 minutes, my phone switches back over to 3G and will not move off it unless I toggle airplane mode again.

In the suburban area, less dense, .13 is behaving just like .23 on Band 25.

As for Band 41 and Band 26, I have been able to connect to Band 26, but my phone has yet to hold on to a Band 41 connection on .13. I sat underneath a known active band 41 tower for 15 minutes but the phone would not connect to Band 41, even with an airplane toggle (it sat on Band 25).

I would expect Sprint to get complaints from unwitting Nexus 5 users, as this radio has completely nuked my Band 25 connection in the downtown area. I went from LTE full time on .23 to 3G full time on .13.

By the way, did a factory wipe and re-install; that did not change the problem.

Opposite experience here. Mine holds onto B41 far longer than I would like it to. I noticed on my run this morning that once I was a mile and a half away from the tower the .13 radio would still hold a very weak B41 signal. Normally I get switched over to a stronger B25 signal.

Are your band preferences updated in the *#*#DATA#*#* menu? I keep mine at B25- 3 B26- 1 B41- 2.

Opposite experience here. Mine holds onto B41 far longer than I would like it to. I noticed on my run this morning that once I was a mile and a half away from the tower the .13 radio would still hold a very weak B41 signal. Normally I get switched over to a stronger B25 signal.

Are your band preferences updated in the *#*#DATA#*#* menu? I keep mine at B25- 3 B26- 1 B41- 2.

My priorities are B25 - 1, B26 - 2, B41 - 3. This is the default on 4.4.3, I haven't touched these values. 

What did you set yours at in the "edit" menu to get that result?