Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Yep Most likely. I decided Not to wipe data, as I was half asleep and Didn't feel like waiting on backups. Had oral surgery on Friday, and I have been taking hydrocodones like crazy, so I got impatient haha

Got impatient....or just got, like, really high? (dude)  

Got impatient....or just got, like, really high? (dude)

well you could call it both but getting 5 teeth surgically removed hurts like hell lol took 2-3 7.5/325 hydrocodone to get me from crying lol. And that was every 4 hours with 400mg of ibuprofen. So trying to update my phone on those was fun. Already was incoherent from the pain and swelling.

You have just described in flawless fashion the issue I have been having with both of my nexus 5 phones. I haven't yet upgraded as I'm waiting for the OTA but what you describe is what I have always inexplicably experienced with this phone since the day I purchased it. A lot of people are reporting similar issues so I don't think we all have defective phones. I hope it's a fixable radio issue. That's the only reason I haven't set this phone on fire.

Unless I didn't notice (Certainly possible, but I don't find it all that likely), I wasn't having this problem on the previous .23 radio.

So far I've having weird (bad) behavior with the new radio. Whereas I normally sit in my office with a -96 Band 25 connection with good speeds, I am being forced to a 3G connection.

Also, when I go up to the top floor in my high rise, and toggle airplane mode, I get a strong band 41 connection for about 30 seconds, and then I'm thrown into 3G, when I know I have a good Band 25 connection up there at least. 

So far not thrilled. I will have to test around town, though, considering that I don't care that much for LTE in my office because I have wifi...

Seems to describe what's happening to me as well.  It seems to be doing it pretty consistently when I put the phone to sleep.

The odd thing is that if toggle airplane mode in my office, I will have an LTE connection at about -96 for abour 3 minutes. Then, without me even touching the phone, I am thrown into 3G mode. Is that some kind of traffic prioritization? Sucks. 

Sucks either way, but at least if it was prioritization, perhaps it could be fixed faster than waiting for the next radio update....whenever that is.

• Like 2

I have yet to see the OTA update.zip or an untouched unrooted stock flashable zip go up yet, so the ROM you flashed from XDA was most likely Pre-rooted, so you didn't have to do anything.

TWRP will reinstall root if it notices that you lose it after a flash, so the zip probably didn't include it. TWRP even restored my root and I flashed via fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

well you could call it both but getting 5 teeth surgically removed hurts like hell lol took 2-3 7.5/325 hydrocodone to get me from crying lol. And that was every 4 hours with 400mg of ibuprofen. So trying to update my phone on those was fun. Already was incoherent from the pain and swelling.

Lol I know. I had maxillofacial surgery before as well. But I was still in high school... Very early wisdom teeth appearance. I was only 15! Being doped up in high school for 3 days is still an experience that I (quasi) remember.

Lol I know. I had maxillofacial surgery before as well. But I was still in high school... Very early wisdom teeth appearance. I was only 15! Being doped up in high school for 3 days is still an experience that I (quasi) remember.

I was doped up in HS for my junior year state exams, and made almost perfect scores on them, while doped up. Ended up falling asleep after finishing, and everyone told me I was talking to myself haha. Yeah the dental office said I'd be able to work on Sunday, given surgery was Friday early morning. And well I'm still in pain. But have to work through the pain and pain pills lol. I should of had my wisdom teeth removed back in HS but never had dental those years. Thankfully Target insurance played 80%!
  • Like 1

Anyone have issues turning the ART runtime on. I tried twice and both times after the reboort it was still the old runtime. My battery was real low but it was charging. The reboots didn't take long.

Anyone have issues turning the ART runtime on. I tried twice and both times after the reboort it was still the old runtime. My battery was real low but it was charging. The reboots didn't take long.

I did not have any issues on my n5 or n7-2013.

You may want to clear the cache partition in recovery then try enable art again.

If you haven't had it on before, be prepared for a pretty long boot, it will say something about 'upgrading ## of ## apps' while it compiles all the apk's.

Did you update to 4.4.3, or just the latest radio?

4.4.3 update. Set my band priorities at B41-1, B26-0, and B25-0. My phone has stayed connected to B41 for hours. Speeds aren't as great as I thought it would be (20-30Mbps).

Just checked the Sprint

support page for the n5, and Sprint said it was released 5/2/14. Probably just a typo that should have been 6/2. It also says that this is, in fact, the spark update. Judging by all of your comments, it seems like a disappointment. Like a kid who's promised an Xbox all year for Christmas, and gets socks .

Sent from my HTC One M8

• Like 1

4.4.3 update. Set my band priorities at B41-1, B26-0, and B25-0. My phone has stayed connected to B41 for hours. Speeds aren't as great as I thought it would be (20-30Mbps).

After you set your priorities like that, what do they priorities show now?

Yeah, it depends where you are for sure. I remember in LA at my parents' house, when I used the .15 radio, I was getting ~30 Mbps. Here in Orange County at the airport is where I got the ~62 Mbps I posted a few pages ago.

I don't like to spam speed tests or anything.  I only really do them when things change for comparisons sake.  Premier sponsors check out a post I made in our Milwaukee Premier market thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5823-milwaukee-market-including-madison-premier-thread/?p=324175

Shows the differences I am experiencing with the new radio on the N5.  I didn't want to post two of the exact same posts with the attachments so head on over to check it out.  (and feel free to look at the progress in our market! :D )

After you set your priorities like that, what do they priorities show now?

8a3ygepa.jpg

Not sure what your asking. It shows just what I said.

As most are reporting on B25 performance, seems similar to .23 in signal strength. But finally connecting to B41 in my apt, speeds hovering 25-45mb sec.  FINALLY!!!

Still have to report back on performance around town, I suspect it will be decent, but with it being an official update, sites will need to be eCSFB ready in order to latch on, so might lose B41 connectivity to a few sites that lacked the update. But I do believe this will be a good trade off between holding a fringe LTE signal to handing off sooner to a possibly more usable band, especially here in NYC where B41 is pretty prevalent and B25 could be more saturated than most markets during peak hours.

Just checked the Sprint

support page for the n5, and Sprint said it was released 5/2/14. Probably just a typo that should have been 6/2. It also says that this is, in fact, the spark update. Judging by all of your comments, it seems like a disappointment. Like a kid who's promised an Xbox all year for Christmas, and gets socks .

Sent from my HTC One M8

It sounds like it depends on who you ask. I am personally very satisfied with this update. I finally have Spark working on my Nexus 5 seamlessly, and it seems like it's working in places that even the .15 radio wasn't able to for me. After I updated I did a profile update and I just left everything as it is: Mobile Preferred Network Type is Global, and all Band Priorities are set to 1 in the Edit menu.

• Like 1

Xposed Framework isn't compatible, so uninstall it if you have it.

Side note, we have reached my page number.  :)

• Like 2

Trying to sideload via adb, but for some reason I'm not able to.

It will either say it can't find the update or my device is not connect after I try getting into adb on the phone.

Any ideas?

make sure debug is enabled in the developer options.

make sure you have 'authorized' your computer (it will ask on your phone) and check the always remember box.

type adb devices, or fastboot devices to verify that your phone is connected and recognized.

make sure debug is enabled in the developer options.

make sure you have 'authorized' your computer (it will ask on your phone) and check the always remember box.

type adb devices, or fastboot devices to verify that your phone is connected and recognized.

I do have those ticked and it does see the phone, but once I get into adb on the phone, its like nope, can't see your phone anymore.