Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

My complaints with the Nexus 5 thus far after heavy testing for 1 week:

1. Voicemail alert notifications via sound or led light = none.

When someone leaves a voicemail, the alert icon will show up in the upper left hand corner of the phone, but will not play the sound you select in voicemail settings and the phone led will not alert you. The only way I have found to receive an alert is set Google Voice to email me a notification when a voicemail is left, thus my phone alerts me of a new email.

2. No widescreen resolution options for the Camera.

I absolutely hate 4:3 photos/video. In the camera settings native max resolution is 3264x2448 (tunnel vision). With my S4 I was getting 4128x2322 (widescreen).  I will take a small cut in resolution if you just give me the option to take widescreen photos!!

3. Audio "Limiter" when taking videos (camera app).

When taking videos, there seems to be a "limiter" of some sort set so unless the volume reaches a certain threshold, the audio is muted. This is very annoying and makes low volume videos almost unbearable to listen to. 

4. Default proxy disable doesn't work.

I know people have been doing this for years on previous Sprint phones, but it doesn't seem to "take" on the Nexus 5. If you enter in 0.0.0.0 in the RTSP field and 0 in the port field, reboot phone and return back to the same screen, the sprint info is populated in there again. I have also tried to leave both fields blank and get the same result.

If someone knows a fix for any of these, this would be wonderful!  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:  :tu: 

My complaints with the Nexus 5 thus far after heavy testing for 1 week:

1. Voicemail alert notifications via sound or led light = none.

When someone leaves a voicemail, the alert icon will show up in the upper left hand corner of the phone, but will not play the sound you select in voicemail settings and the phone led will not alert you. The only way I have found to receive an alert is set Google Voice to email me a notification when a voicemail is left, thus my phone alerts me of a new email.

When I get a voicemail, my phone vibrates and the LED flashes green.

I use Google voice and have the app installed.

Must be a hell of a performer. My G2 after messing around with some settings is besting my old GS3 now. It's hard to imagine an even better RF performer out there.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Nexus 5 vs LG G2 at the same spot in my room.

Nexus 5

jxJEdGV.png?1

G2

fUfYtK4.png?1

Conclusion: Nexus 5 is the best RF performer of the whole Sprint line up.

• Like 8

Nexus 5 vs LG G2 at the same spot in my room.

Conclusion: Nexus 5 is the best RF performer of the whole Sprint line up.

I wouldn't mind seeing a comparison of your Nexus 5 and G2 while on LTE. I keep hearing reports of the G2 being only a few dBm apart, but in practice my G2 is almost always 10 dBm worse on 4G.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind seeing a comparison of your Nexus 5 and G2 while on LTE. I keep hearing reports of the G2 being only a few dBm apart, but in practice my G2 is almost always 10 dBm worse on 4G.

Nexus 5

nN6lQAs.png?1

G2

QLiYytD.png?1

• Like 9

Gah!

After seeing that RF performance...I'm pulling the trigger and buying the N5 white 32GB off Google Play. I'll toy around with both for a while and see which one I ultimately like. The G2 has some seriously awesome battery life but the N5s RF performance might make it better option for me.

Time will tell.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

I would like to thank all the cool kids who influenced me towards a nexus 5. Ordered a white 32 gig on Tuesday. Had it in my hand on Thursday. Shipping didnt update from Google until it was out for delivery to my house.

I would like to thank all the cool kids who influenced me towards a nexus 5. Ordered a white 32 gig on Tuesday. Had it in my hand on Thursday. Shipping didnt update from Google until it was out for delivery to my house.

KKKKAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNNN....

• Like 2

For anyone like myself that has the problem where the phone rings OK for an incoming call but you cannot answer and the phone then locks up I don't know why it is happening but I think I know under what conditions it happens. At home I only get 3g and never have this problem. At work I am continuously connected to LTE and this problem occurs often, maybe half the time. When my phone is set to 3g only the problem stops.

So, does anyone have an idea why when connected to LTE an incoming call cannot be answered? Both Google and Sprint do not know and Google wants to replace the phone. I suspect it is more of a software issue rather than the phones hardware but maybe someone more knowledgeable has an idea. Thanks

For anyone that has this problem just wanted to provide an update on what I found out, which isn't much. Sprint has not offered any potential solutions and on Google product forums other people are having this issue and not just on Sprint network. Google said to try safe mode and my problem still occurs when connected to LTE. Hopefully this is fixed soon since there was a lot I liked about this phone, but for now it is on its way back to Google. Back to my reliable EVO LTE for a while. Good luck to anyone with this issue

4. Default proxy disable doesn't work.

I know people have been doing this for years on previous Sprint phones, but it doesn't seem to "take" on the Nexus 5. If you enter in 0.0.0.0 in the RTSP field and 0 in the port field, reboot phone and return back to the same screen, the sprint info is populated in there again. I have also tried to leave both fields blank and get the same result.

If someone knows a fix for any of these, this would be wonderful!  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:  :tu: 

This does nothing...  one of those long time myths of supposedly making your phone faster.

• Like 3

This happens to a lot of people, but to get this glitch evaluated we need to make a runngin list of names that has this issue.

I apologize, I haven't finished reading this entire thread to see if this has been resolved. I have the G2 and also have had this issue. It has happened twice. Both times I was in the car streaming Spotify on LTE. It pauses and the phone rings. I pick up the call and it shows it is connected, but there is dead air. I hang up and then I have the voice mail notification pop up.

Great idea for a test!  I was wondering how this would affect text messages as well.  Few things are more annoying than delayed texts lol.

My wife has mentioned how quickly text messages are delivered with our G2s. On the Evo 3D, it could take 20 seconds or more but with our G2s, it sends as soon as you hit send.

• Like 1

I know, I'm trying to sell my S4 with no luck. Swappa.com is another site to try though.

Can I swappa my hoppa, too?

For anyone that has this problem just wanted to provide an update on what I found out, which isn't much. Sprint has not offered any potential solutions and on Google product forums other people are having this issue and not just on Sprint network. Google said to try safe mode and my problem still occurs when connected to LTE. Hopefully this is fixed soon since there was a lot I liked about this phone, but for now it is on its way back to Google. Back to my reliable EVO LTE for a while. Good luck to anyone with this issue

This is more than likely a software issue....a fix will probably take care of this. The only way mines will go back is fiit were hardware related

This is more than likely a software issue....a fix will probably take care of this. The only way mines will go back is fiit were hardware related

I agree it is likely software and will be fixed at some point. Might buy the phone again at some point. If it were a smaller problem I could wait but answering the phone is a big problem for me.