who's ready for spring

GaryMiddleton47

2 weeks ago: Northern Illinois, 22 below zero actual, minus 45 wind chill. Snow.

1 week ago: L.A. & Orange County: High 80's with earthquakes, drought, and wildfire.

This week: Northern Illinois, 10 below zero actual, minus 25 wind chill. More snow.

Next week: Northern Illinois, 20 below zero actual, minus 40's wind chill. Oh, and maybe another foot of snow.

A:  Why do I live in Northern Illinois????   B: Is it better to have a week of summer between weeks in the Arctic, or does it just make you feel worse having to come back?  (But my LTE was really good in California!) (And the earthquake was really entertaining!)

• Like 2

Been ready for spring, my business gets slow (lawn and landscaping) in the winter except for the commercial clients which require me to come out to their premises once a week to "tidy up." ;)  Counting down the days for spring, did I mention I am pro global warming.    

• Like 2

Well It was in the 20's here a few weeks ago, then almost 80 a few days later, we would get the tail end of cold fronts having us jump from "cold" to "hot". Have to love Texas weather....oh and now it is snowing to our southwest, south, and southeast. Figures right?

• Like 1

In California we are all waiting for the winter to start. I bought a season pass to Tahoe, but with no new snow and spring like temperatures I do not know if I will get to use it this season.

• Like 2

I will stay with winter a little bit longer, I HATE BUGS.. 

I hate the fact that I have to make sure my yard is nice and pretty all summer long, mowing in between rains and things.

That said I love to take the camper out and get away... I just hate the bugs --- go figure!

Rv show coming up cant wait!

But when there is snow on the ground ... all the yards look the same.

Yes. Please limit the bugs this summer. Last summer's incessant rains and mild temps only provided the best possible environment for bugs to breed and thrive in. Here's hoping this winter's multitude of hard freezes only serves to hamper their reproduction!!!

• Like 1

I absolutely can't stand being in the hot and humid summers that we get here in Chicago, but after this absolutely bone-chilling winter, I welcome it. I work outdoors, so it's getting a little old.

• Like 1

After this weekend. We could have the snowiest January on record in Indianapolis. Also one of the coldest....As I'm typing it is -6

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I am over it!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

10 degrees this morning in OKC, looking for a high of 60 tomorrow & Sunday.  Then it gets cold again.

Oh well, it's nice when it does warm up. 

My question is though, what the hell was that robin thinking that I saw on Tuesday?  Go back south for a while longer!

In California we are all waiting for the winter to start. I bought a season pass to Tahoe, but with no new snow and spring like temperatures I do not know if I will get to use it this season.

Ouch that sucks.  Unfortunately So Cal is horrible this season for skiing/snowboarding due to so much sun!!!  I wish some of the east coast and upper northwest could share some of that weather with us Californians.

This is why I have to go to Canada in February to get my skiing fix.  I have been dying to go snowboarding this season.

As a Minnesotan, YES I WANT SPRING. It's insanely cold up here obviously and doesn't seem to be warming up too much any time soon. I also want the warmth so the NV rollouts will speed up and people can actually stay outside for more than 30 seconds :)

I am also ready for spring.  Several school districts around Nashville delayed opening this morning due to the cold. (3 degrees at the homestead this morning)  What the heck?  The kids today have the mindset that it is ok to just complain or give up if you are not comfortable with it.  They will have a different view of the world once they actually become a part of it and they are told to suck it up.