LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

I'm getting the software update for my Mini and Mega now! Let's see how the icons look, since I know there is Spark coverage around my area.

And.......

He was blown up.  The Spark triggered an explosion.

AJ

• Like 8

Probably due to them using the same wrong calculation of coverage that results in them showing PCS LTE has more usable coverage than PCS 1x does.

Although I wouldn't rule this out, I was getting Band 41 LTE much farther from sites than WiMax. However, this could be because I was testing Band 41 LTE on a hotspot and WiMax from smartphone (GS2). Just the gain in a more powerful hotspot could have explained the difference.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Sprint Spark coverage is just Band 41 LTE. Band 26 (LTE 800) coverage will be depicted in the orange with Band 25.

Sprint Spark is not Triband LTE, it is just Band 41 LTE. They want it separated out because it is capable of faster speeds. Band 26 is limited to the same speeds as Band 25. The purpose of Band 26 is just to extend coverage, not speed.

When Band 26 LTE starts going live, it will not be distinguishable on maps. Except for possibly pushing out the orange blob even farther.

• Like 3

I'm getting the software update for my Mini and Mega now! Let's see how the icons look, since I know there is Spark coverage around my area.

Any screenshots yet?  I wonder if we will see 50Mbps+

For dual radio handsets, the choice to display CDMA1X signal strength comes from Android, not Sprint. And that choice was recently changed to display LTE signal strength, though I do not recall with which Android version the change occurred.

AJ

must be android 4.2 and beyond because its not 4.1.1 or 4.1.2

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

must be android 4.2 and beyond because its not 4.1.1 or 4.1.2

also if this is a android problem you must mean only Sprint devices since verizon phones have always showed lte bars

Hmmmm....

data-big.gif

Is the icon really animated like that?  Looking at it, I am strangely feeling hypnotized...must eliminate Randall Stephenson and John Legere.

AJ

• Like 9

Sprint Spark coverage is just Band 41 LTE. Band 26 (LTE 800) coverage will be depicted in the orange with Band 25.

Sprint Spark is not Triband LTE, it is just Band 41 LTE. They want it separated out because it is capable of faster speeds. Band 26 is limited to the same speeds as Band 25. The purpose of Band 26 is just to extend coverage, not speed.

When Band 26 LTE starts going live, it will not be distinguishable on maps. Except for possibly pushing out the orange blob even farther.

I'm not questioning this but I thought one of the Spark pages on here showing what it was called out 3 carrier aggregation. I took that to be 3 bands. Like most things lately I guess I miss understood.

Death to AT&T, death to T-Mobile...

AJ

• Like 8

I'm not questioning this but I thought one of the Spark pages on here showing what it was called out 3 carrier aggregation. I took that to be 3 bands. Like most things lately I guess I miss understood.

I doubt we will ever see 3 separate band simultaneously aggregated.

For one, there are 2 different technologies... TDD vs FDD.

Second, there are huge differences in range and penetration to achieve any semblance of equal aggregation between the different bands.

The Carrier aggregation was intra-band, meaning they could bond 2x b41 channels, not b41 + b25 + b26.