LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Well looked at taking info this morning and it says exception package could be arriving later due to unexpected circumstances, look at taking progress for more info.. Low and behold it says late train.. Go figure, I work on the railroad.. Lol arrived in new Orleans last night at 10 so there may still be a chance to get to baton Rouge before I leave for work tonight..

I can't tell you the specific tower since that is Premier Sponsor information only. Maybe now this will encourage you to become a Premier Sponsor.

Ok i know that but would you be able to me things like anything like the area ie city, zip.... Oh ive been encouraged by far now. Much better place than xda.

I'm really stuck between LG G2 and the new Galaxy Note..but I'm leaning on the LG side of things....

I was thinking about going in today, but I'm not sure yet.

Note 3 is single band LTE, I'd avoid and get an N5/G2

I'm really stuck between LG G2 and the new Galaxy Note..but I'm leaning on the LG side of things....

I was thinking about going in today, but I'm not sure yet.

Well i can try and say the G2 is amazingly fast and the note has a few bugs like knox.... So will the Note 2 soon. But go in a store and compare them see what you like

Note 3 is single band LTE, I'd avoid and get an N5/G2

You're in Alabama too, aren't you?

I'm thinking that will be the bell-ringer for me...Note 3 isn't tri-band...

Even though it may be a while before Tri-band hits bama, I'd rather be future-proof in a way.

I bought the GS3 when it first came out...and I have a problem now with the phone and I'm looking to upgrade so I don't have any down-time...

That Nexus looks nice too...my wife may get the G2 and I might wind up with the Nexus..

You're in Alabama too, aren't you?

I'm thinking that will be the bell-ringer for me...Note 3 isn't tri-band...

Even though it may be a while before Tri-band hits bama, I'd rather be future-proof in a way.

I bought the GS3 when it first came out...and I have a problem now with the phone and I'm looking to upgrade so I don't have any down-time...

That Nexus looks nice too...my wife may get the G2 and I might wind up with the Nexus..

Nope, I'm in Michigan and a Note 2 user.  I'm very happy with my SvLTE device right now because of the CSFB issue on the Tri-band devices.  Lansing is a sea of Purple and I'm sure many issues for the new devices (however, most sites have new antennas/RRUs/cabinets/etc).  Hopefully Samsung can get their heads out of their backsides and at least get 3G (and SMR) running on all the local sites, then do LTE as backhaul allows.

The G2 is a fantastic device. I am impressed with every aspect of it. I'd definitely recommend anyone thinking of getting a Samsung device first give LG a try before deciding.

Sound is good in the car but the evo lte still wins to ke in the sound department. Beats audio really did make a difference to me.

So today I tried out Spotify in my car during my drive home from work. The audio was fantastic. I never heard my car speakers sound so good. I keep finding new reasons to love this phone. My eHRPD strength puts the Evo to shame, too. I never realized how strong Sprint was in St Augustine because apparently my Evo 3D and Samsung Moment both sucked in the rf department. This phone is a beast.

Are our LG G2 phones HD voice capable with a firmware update?

a fewv things are interesting with that article no PCs hblock... unlimited may go away sooner than anticipated...

Sound is good in the car but the evo lte still wins to ke in the sound department. Beats audio really did make a difference to me.

I don't know if the LG G2 has the same audio properties as the N5, but i can say without question, that the audio output from the 3.5 jack on my N5 is superior to my HTC One. The beats audio equalization has overblown mids and exaggerated lows. Where as the LG is by far more balanced in every department.

Beats is NOT good audio quality

• Like 1

Confirmed it keeps dropping

Yes. B41 LTE testing is very finicky and kinda frustrating. You can test it with B25 and B41 enabled but if you have B25 LTE nearby it is always going to prefer B25 LTE. What I had to do last night was just set it to B41 band enabled only and disabled B25 completely.

Even with B41 LTE enabled, it still drops in and out but at least you don't have B25 interfering and trying to connect. What I have to do is have the Speedtest app Begin Test screen ready and sit and wait as B41 reconnects/disconnects and as soon as it reconnects, I hit the speedtest start button and as long as the speedtest is going, it doesn't drop the B41 LTE connection. Then I try to follow up with the LTE engineering screenshots but it drops out pretty quickly if the B41 LTE connection sits idle for like 5 seconds so I have to wait until B41 reconnects/disconnects to take my screenshots.

EDIT:  I learned that even though you disable B25, I guess the phone ignores it and tries to connect to B25.  However in my case, enabling B41 only helped me get a more stable B41 LTE connection.

a fewv things are interesting with that article no PCs hblock... unlimited may go away sooner than anticipated...

I wouldn't read into it much. Sprint has nothing going for it if they remove unlimited data. I would bet it would be years at least before that goes, if it ever does. They are just trying to scare people to get on their new plans to pay more. When I picked up my G2 they were trying to convince me to go to their unlimited guaranteed plans, even though mine is unlimited right now (though no guarantee it will be forever) and they said "for just a mere $30 extra a month" they could convert my plan to unlimited data for life before tax. I just laughed and said no thanks. I have an old Employee referral plus family plan that they don't offer anymore.

Thanks.  I went ahead and made a thread in the General Topics area and looks like someone already stickied it.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5022-easy-method-to-obtain-your-msl/

You can also just web chat with Sprint and ask them for the MSL.  They gave me mine on the Note 3 and the entire process took about 3 minutes with no fighting with connecting to computer.  On the G2 when Best Buy activated it I just had them print their sheet with all the activation info which included the MSL and all other lock codes.  The Best Buy route is the best way to go for anyone still waiting to get the phone.  I have to imagine Sprint store or any other would also give you info freely.

I can't tell you the specific tower since that is Premier Sponsor information only.  Maybe now this will encourage you to become a Premier Sponsor.

I know I have seen this information somewhere but what is the minimum donation to become a premier sponsor and how or where do we make such donation?

I know I have seen this information somewhere but what is the minimum donation to become a premier sponsor and how or where do we make such donation?

You can read all questions about sponsorship here.  To be a Premier Sponsor immediately you have to donate $100.  It doesn't have to be all at once but once you have donated a total of $100 your account will be upgraded to be Premier Sponsor.  You can always start off by being a Sponsor which there isn't a minimum to donate and you can get access to the NV complete maps so you can see which sites in your area have been upgraded with LTE.  It is just that Premier Sponsors get even more access to information such as a map of all the Clearwire sites in the US and which Clearwire sites have been upgraded to TD LTE so far.  That is the information I used to do my TD LTE testing.

Just keep in mind that S4GRU is a non profit website so all donations go towards maintenance costs for this website.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Also to make a donation click on the Donate button on the upper right side of the page here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index