LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I have the Spigen Slim Armor case in Infinity White.

Couple questions since I'm thinking about getting this exact case.  Does the white plastic seem susceptible to getting dirty and/or discoloration?  Does the plastic grip in your hand nicely?  Thanks in advance.

Couple questions since I'm thinking about getting this exact case.  Does the white plastic seem susceptible to getting dirty and/or discoloration?  Does the plastic grip in your hand nicely?  Thanks in advance.

Does the white plastic seem susceptible to getting dirty and/or discoloration?  

It has only been a week and so far I haven't seen signs of any discoloration or dirt.  I think it is too early for me to tell.

Does the plastic grip in your hand nicely? 

The plastic feels very nice to me.  The top black layer feels very smooth and nice and covers the phone pretty well.  Some people may say the plastic part in the back makes it feel slippery which is partly true but I feel that the overall case feels sturdy to me without the huge added thickness unlike the Otterbox Defender.

White g2 here. Back is too slippery for me. Imo, case is required. I have the Tudia ultra slim tpu case. Nice fit and feel. Had the diztronic before that and didn't like it. Uncomfortable bottom edges around ports. Both found on Amazon.

When I'm connected to lte my phone shows disconnected on the 1x debug screen, and shows no cellular connection. In the Daytona Beach area. It's this due to the svlte, or could Daytona be one of those areas where the legacy equipment is different from the nv vendors? I can connect to lte for a few minutes but then the phone just pops back to 3g.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Today after work I check my phone and what do I see? Best Buy just emailed me 2 gift cards for $50 each even though I canceled my preorders and bought in store. Best Buy also shipped a physical $80 gift card as well. I spent $135 because I had some gift cards already. So it looks like I just made a profit off of buying my G2s.

• Like 6

Who did you have to kill to get it for $250?

Guy off craigslist he wanted 400 but when he meet me his cars radiator hose busted so i fixed and and he said since i saved him a good bit of money he would let me have it for 250.

But on another note has anyone used the stock(or lg) flashlight widget. It seems to work, turns led on but when you click it to turn it off it will turn off for a split second then turn right back on? Just want to see if anyone also dose this.

• Like 1

Guy off craigslist he wanted 400 but when he meet me his cars radiator hose busted so i fixed and and he said since i saved him a good bit of money he would let me have it for 250.

But on another note has anyone used the stock(or lg) flashlight widget. It seems to work, turns led on but when you click it to turn it off it will turn off for a split second then turn right back on? Just want to see if anyone also dose this.

The flashlight app has 2 settings. The first click just turns it on like a normal flash light, the second click puts into strobe mode. I can only guess what that is to be used for, maybe as a signal beacon in an emergency?

X2? I paid $200 but I work for sprint so I can get it from a different place than consumers. That's almost my price...

Do you work for Sprint or for a preferred retailer? Because Sprint employees can get it for much less than $200....$99.99 to be exact.

Today after work I check my phone and what do I see? Best Buy just emailed me 2 gift cards for $50 each even though I canceled my preorders and bought in store. Best Buy also shipped a physical $80 gift card as well. I spent $135 because I had some gift cards already. So it looks like I just made a profit off of buying my G2s.

That's pretty awesome. They didn't do anything for me. Lol

Sent from my LG-LS980

So I sent my g2 back to lg for service.. Signal issues and a buzzing/high frequency sound emitting from top of the phone... Was really annoying during phone calls.. Back to my note 2 with cm on it and missed this phone. May just dump the g2 when it comes back

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

When I'm connected to lte my phone shows disconnected on the 1x debug screen, and shows no cellular connection. In the Daytona Beach area. It's this due to the svlte, or could Daytona be one of those areas where the legacy equipment is different from the nv vendors? I can connect to lte for a few minutes but then the phone just pops back to 3g.

When connected to LTE, you will not see a 1X connection because of the lack of SVLTE support on Sprint's G2.

Your engineering screens show a usable -106 dBm LTE connection, not sure why SignalCheck isn't reflecting that though. Do you have mobile/network location services enabled in your phone's Location Settings menu? The app needs that to work properly. Not sure of the exact wording on LG devices, but it is separate from GPS location services.

-Mike

So I sent my g2 back to lg for service.. Signal issues and a buzzing/high frequency sound emitting from top of the phone... Was really annoying during phone calls.. Back to my note 2 with cm on it and missed this phone. May just dump the g2 when it comes back

Weren't you missing the entire back of the phone?! That might have had something to do with it.....

-Mike

• Like 1

The flashlight app has 2 settings. The first click just turns it on like a normal flash light, the second click puts into strobe mode. I can only guess what that is to be used for, maybe as a signal beacon in an emergency?

I see that now, just wondering if theres a way to just turn it on or off not on off for a second then strobe then truely off. I used tesla led on my gnote 2.

Also when going to camcorder is there away to keep it in the 1080p 60fps mode so i dont have to keep changing tbat when i open it? Thanks so far i absolutly love this phone ????

Weren't you missing the entire back of the phone?! That might have had something to do with it.....

-Mike

Yeah I bought a replacement... Battery also seemed to be lacking compared to my note . Also the g2 development seems to be a bit slow... I can have cm11 running on my note 2 right now

Yeah I bought a replacement... Battery also seemed to be lacking compared to my note . Also the g2 development seems to be a bit slow... I can have cm11 running on my note 2 right now

I'm so confused..... how did yoif phone with s non removable back, loose its back?

• Like 1

I am sorry but I think your experience with the G2 has been jaded since you got a lemon phone.  I am not surprised at all that you have had signal issues and so forth.

I think the lesson learned is never buy a phone without its back despite how attractive the price is.  There is always that saying that "if its too good to be true, it usually is".  Now I know you said it came with a case but shame on your for not inspecting the phone out of the case and doing due diligence before giving money to this scammer.  Either way good luck with the your Note 2. I hope you don't plan to sell the G2 phone because it sounds like lemon written all over it.

I just hope if you sell it to someone, they don't get hosed when that phone ends up getting reported as stolen and blacklisted.

-Mike

Also got my giftcard email even though I had CSR convert my order to in store pickup on 10/18. The gamble paid off this time around. Awesome phone by the way.

I just hope if you sell it to someone, they don't get hosed when that phone ends up getting reported as stolen and blacklisted.

-Mike

I sent it back to lg for repair/exchange.. It well be nice and new in 2 weeks :-)

Also there instructions for repair is to remove sim and back cover... The cover comes off pretty easily one you get sim out