LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

So today I tried out Spotify in my car during my drive home from work. The audio was fantastic. I never heard my car speakers sound so good. I keep finding new reasons to love this phone. My eHRPD strength puts the Evo to shame, too. I never realized how strong Sprint was in St Augustine because apparently my Evo 3D and Samsung Moment both sucked in the rf department. This phone is a beast.

• Like 5

Had to refresh tapatalk in order to see it... Hope development is there for this..... looks pretty week so far.. Still early though

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

When I try this, the app freezes on me and Windows displays it as Not Responding.  I'm on Windows 8.1 and I reinstalled the drivers, but no dice.  Any ideas?  Tried different ports and using the cable that came with the phone.

I know it kinda freezes when you try to exit but not when you launch it.  So what step are you stuck at?  It won't find the phone?  Did you verify on Windows device manager that you get an entry under Ports for  "LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COMxx) (xx=port #)"?

Also try using these USB drivers under Software Update.

http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-D801

I found two fairly large bugs.

1. If your phone is on silent the alarm goes off, but your snooze alarms are silent.

2. Facebook is struggling to recognize contacts in my wife's phone. I assume this is either an android or phone issue. She is new to Android brought her contacts over from iOS and when she syncs with existing contacts it loads all her FB contacts.... Works fine for me though. Also took a few times of syncing her account contacts to even get them on the phone, again no problems here as an existing android user.

So for all the people suffering from LTE issues, just wanted to put this out there. Today I am at work inside a building with metal siding and a metal roof. My coworker with AT&T doesn't have a LTE signal and was shocked that I had two bars of LTE. We did speed tests. I pulled a peak of 12.7 down and 1.79 up at 67ms ping with a -110 dbm signal. He pulled 0.3 down and had a network communication error during the upload.

Looks like Sprint is going to surprise many with these new triband devices if future handsets perform like this.

• Like 12

So for all the people suffering from LTE issues, just wanted to put this out there. Today I am at work inside a building with metal siding and a metal roof. My coworker with AT&T doesn't have a LTE signal and was shocked that I had two bars of LTE. We did speed tests. I pulled a peak of 12.7 down and 1.79 up at 67ms ping with a -110 dbm signal. He pulled 0.3 down and had a network communication error during the upload.

Looks like Sprint is going to surprise many with these new triband devices if future handsets perform like this.

That's great to hear.  The lab where I work is a steel building as well.  The Shentel cell tower is right down the street about 0.25 miles.  My Verizon phone (Motorola Droid Bionic) gets about 12 down and 7 up  with -108 dBm.  I'm really eager to see what the G2 will get.  When I had the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3, I got mid 20's down and high teens up here at work.  Back in the days when I could get LTE.  :)

When I had the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3, I mostly got 1X or no service here at work.  The phone was that bad!

I thought the note 3 just came out..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The Sprint Note 3 came out in early October.  I returned it because the Home button got stuck under the front bezel.  It was replaced with another that had a bad LTE radio.  (Samsung quality?).  I returned the Verizon Note 3 for obvious reasons.  Now I have the G2 Tri Band. 

Do you live in a Shentel area?

I know it kinda freezes when you try to exit but not when you launch it. So what step are you stuck at? It won't find the phone? Did you verify on Windows device manager that you get an entry under Ports for "LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COMxx) (xx=port #)"?

Also try using these USB drivers under Software Update.

http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-D801

I used those exact drivers. Hit scan, found device. When I hit connect, says device is connected then when I hit read it freezes and acts up. My PC finds it on COM4, also displays in device manager.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I found two fairly large bugs.

1. If your phone is on silent the alarm goes off, but your snooze alarms are silent.

2. Facebook is struggling to recognize contacts in my wife's phone. I assume this is either an android or phone issue. She is new to Android brought her contacts over from iOS and when she syncs with existing contacts it loads all her FB contacts.... Works fine for me though. Also took a few times of syncing her account contacts to even get them on the phone, again no problems here as an existing android user.

That's why I didn't wake up to my alarm on Sunday...it's all makes sense now!  ^_^

I used those exact drivers. Hit scan, found device. When I hit connect, says device is connected then when I hit read it freezes and acts up. My PC finds it on COM4, also displays in device manager.

Sent from my LG-LS980

In my steps right here, try skipping step D after you perform step C "Connect" because steps E and F are for reading your MSL.

A. Click the “Scan” button. 

B. Select the “LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COMxx)”.

C. Click the "Connect" button.

D. Click the “Read Device” button. The screen should populate with you MDN, MIN and SID.

E. Under Method, select "LG".

F. Click “Read SPC”. The SPC field should populate with your SPC (MSL).

• Like 1

Actually went to the Sprint store today and played with the LG G 2 the review say that this phone is the same size as the Nexus 5 but holding them side to side and face to face the g2 is actually bigger I do like the screen though I still question my decision but I'm going to be strong and keep the Nexus I might get the G2 for my mom haha! it seems like DPI is set different than the nexus everything comes off more spacious or is that really the effect of .25 in screen over the nexus 5?

In my steps right here, try skipping step D after you perform step C "Connect" because steps E and F are for reading your MSL.

A. Click the “Scan” button. 

B. Select the “LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COMxx)”.

C. Click the "Connect" button.

D. Click the “Read Device” button. The screen should populate with you MDN, MIN and SID.

E. Under Method, select "LG".

F. Click “Read SPC”. The SPC field should populate with your SPC (MSL).

Got it.  I'll test and see if I can connect to B41 today at class.

Thanks

Got it.  I'll test and see if I can connect to B41 today at class.

Thanks

Awesome it worked?  Yeah I left step D there since that is what the OP had in the XDA thread.  Maybe step D is just an extra confirmation step but is not really necessary as long as you can connect to the device.  Steps E and F are really for reading your MSL.

Awesome it worked?  Yeah I left step D there since that is what the OP had in the XDA thread.  Maybe step D is just an extra confirmation step but is not really necessary as long as you can connect to the device.  Steps E and F are really for reading your MSL.

Probably corky because of my Windows 8.1 setup.  Ah well, the result was the same.