LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Can we sum up a bulletpoint style list of things someone should know when they consider getting the G2...maybe not listing problems, but the possible scenarios one might encounter...so someone who's considering it can get an idea of what they would be in for once they get home...I think that would be a great help. Seems like some people are seeing issues, and some aren't...but without reading all 68 pages of posts to find out, generally it looks like 2600 might be a culprit? I still get confused on which is 41 and which is 25..

41 is 2600/clwr, 25 is current 1900 and 26 is 800? is that correct?

Can we sum up a bulletpoint style list of things someone should know when they consider getting the G2...maybe not listing problems, but the possible scenarios one might encounter...so someone who's considering it can get an idea of what they would be in for once they get home...I think that would be a great help. Seems like some people are seeing issues, and some aren't...but without reading all 68 pages of posts to find out, generally it looks like 2600 might be a culprit? I still get confused on which is 41 and which is 25..41 is 2600/clwr, 25 is current 1900 and 26 is 800? is that correct?

The issues some of the users are having trouble are ecfsb and csfb there if you look at the post on the wall about the g2 and nexus 5 you'll get more understanding. Now yes you are correct about the band part. Now take my advice i gave you earlier and go to a store and check them out. I doubt anyone will give you bullet points we all did the research. For me that was reading alot

I already read it, I wasn't asking for this information for myself...I saw the article and read about carrier fallback and enhanced carrier fallback. But these issues will be seen no matter what new tri device people buy...so they might find it easier to have a brief summary in the first post or something. JS.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I already read it, I wasn't asking for this information for myself...I saw the article and read about carrier fallback and enhanced carrier fallback. But these issues will be seen no matter what new tri device people buy...so they might find it easier to have a brief summary in the first post or something. JS.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

For that then idk maybe someone will but generally it doesnt happen. I would but id mainly rehash info like look at the reviews im not that technically detailed other than this is an amazing device that has

superior build quality than what Samsung's devices.

Better rf performance.

So it pretty much is better all around. Now will i create a thread about reasons you should get

The G2 purchase was a no brainer for me.  At the point of my pre-order, I bought it from Best buy for $99, minus a $50 gift cert.  This is by far the best phone I have owned and at a killer price.  I love the phone and when comparing it to my wife's Sammy S4, it seems so much smoother and refined.  For the money in my opinion, nothing touches it when comparing to other phones. Especially when comparing it to the Note 3's much more expensive cost.  I love the N3 but just didn't see the extreme price differences for my uses.  As you can tell, I am very satisfied with the G2 even as Sprint is still working on the N2 upgrades in my area.  I am able to connect to LTE at work and pull in 12+ mbps (at -108dbm) generally this week all day and it does not drop off.  I do expect even more speed when we have more options than the 1900mhz band as well for LTE.  As for home, my signal is generally very poor and low 3G only.  This has been problematic and takes a toll on any phone battery unless you leave on Wifi mode.  My HTC Evo would die in just a couple of hours flat from full charge (new battery) but my G2 does last much longer even though I have not tested to see how long it goes from 100% to 10%.  Those that give the 36 plus hours on a battery are obviously either within a mile or so of a tower, or on Wifi.  That is just not possible with most phones if you tend to get -110dbm or worse while at home from the sites.    Bottom line is, the G2 is a killer phone and I love it even more than I had expected as it is smooth and very fast in everything I have tried.....  Gorgeous screen too.

Can we sum up a bulletpoint style list of things someone should know when they consider getting the G2...maybe not listing problems, but the possible scenarios one might encounter...so someone who's considering it can get an idea of what they would be in for once they get home...I think that would be a great help. Seems like some people are seeing issues, and some aren't...but without reading all 68 pages of posts to find out, generally it looks like 2600 might be a culprit? I still get confused on which is 41 and which is 25..

41 is 2600/clwr, 25 is current 1900 and 26 is 800? is that correct?

This Doc will show you what to expect where

• Like 1

Woo Hoo...I am able to get 1x800 on my phone last night after flashing my PRL!!!

Anyone interested in wanting to flash their PRL can see this thread:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5022-easy-method-to-obtain-your-msl-and-flash-a-prl/

If you are a sponsor you can get the PRL here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3059-800smr-s4gru-sponsors-prls/

If you are a premier sponsor you can get the PRL here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2677-800smr-premier-sponsor-prls/

Bryticq.jpg

We now have confirmation that the G2 is not slated to receive its Spark software update until early next year.  The Samsung and HTC handsets will receive their updates tomorrow.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/?p=238747

AJ

Woo Hoo...I am able to get 1x800 on my phone last night after flashing my PRL!!!

Anyone interested in wanting to flash their PRL can see this thread:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5022-easy-method-to-obtain-your-msl-and-flash-a-prl/

If you are a sponsor you can get the PRL here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3059-800smr-s4gru-sponsors-prls/

If you are a premier sponsor you can get the PRL here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2677-800smr-premier-sponsor-prls/

I got the prl loaded, but having problems getting lte turned off so that I can hunt for 1x800. I tried disabling lte in all bands under ##data# and changing mobile networks to cdma only, but i still stay connected to lte even after reboot. This phone loves lte. The one time i have gotten 1x 800, my G2 carried it much farther than my gs3 ever did.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I got the prl loaded, but having problems getting lte turned off so that I can hunt for 1x800. I tried disabling lte in all bands under ##data# and changing mobile networks to cdma only, but i still stay connected to lte even after reboot. This phone loves lte. The one time i have gotten 1x 800, my G2 carried it much farther than my gs3 ever did.

I am laughing at my desk right now imagining you struggling to try to figure out what is going on when the solution is so simple. Some things you need to take note of in terms of 1x, EVDO, LTE and the SignalCheck Pro app with the LG G2.

With the new triband LTE phones like the LG G2, you can no longer display 1x and LTE readings at the same time on SignalCheck Pro. When you are connected to LTE, you lose the readings of 1x and EVDO on SignalCheck. It is just how it works when you do not have SVLTE. If you looked at Settings->About Phone->Network, you will see only LTE or eHRPD (assuming you are in an area that has NV 3G upgraded) as the Mobile Network Type.

The solution to your question is that you need to disable your data connection on your phone (Settings->Wireless & Networks -> Moble networks-> uncheck "Data enabled" OR you can use the Quick Settings in the notification window to disable "Data") so that the phone doesn't try to connect to a data connection (EVDO/LTE) especially if you are in a strong LTE area. After that try using the "Reset Data Connection" button on SignalCheck to help rescan the PRL or just toggle Airplane mode Off/On and you should be able to connect to 1x800 assuming you have it around you.

This should fix your problem and you shouldn't have to muck with the "Network mode" under Mobile networks. Please leave it on Global or LTE/CDMA so you don't have issues later connecting to LTE. Let me know if this worked for you. Edited by ericdabbs

We now have confirmation that the G2 is not slated to receive its Spark software update until early next year. The Samsung and HTC handsets will receive their updates tomorrow.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/?p=238747

AJ

Well good thing with my msl I turned it on in a few seconds.

I am laughing at my desk right now imagining you struggling to try to figure out what is going on when the solution is so simple. Some things you need to take note of in terms of 1x, EVDO, LTE and the SignalCheck Pro app with the LG G2.

With the new triband LTE phones like the LG G2, you can no longer display 1x and LTE readings at the same time on SignalCheck Pro. When you are connected to LTE, you lose the readings of 1x and EVDO on SignalCheck. It is just how it works when you do not have SVLTE. If you looked at Settings->About Phone->Network, you will see only LTE or eHRPD (assuming you are in an area that has NV 3G upgraded) as the Mobile Network Type.

The solution to your question is that you need to disable your data connection on your phone (Settings->Wireless & Networks -> Moble networks-> uncheck "Data enabled" OR you can use the Quick Settings in the notification window to disable "Data") so that the phone doesn't try to connect to a data connection (EVDO/LTE) especially if you are in a strong LTE area. After that try using the "Reset Data Connection" button on SignalCheck to help rescan the PRL or just toggle Airplane mode Off/On and you should be able to connect to 1x800 assuming you have it around you.

This should fix your problem and you shouldn't have to muck with the "Network mode" under Mobile networks. Please leave it on Global or LTE/CDMA so you don't have issues later connecting to LTE. Let me know if this worked for you.

Still stays connected to lte even with mobile data turned off.

Still stays connected to lte even with mobile data turned off.

Weird but maybe leave mobile data off and then power off the phone and then power it back on. That doesn't make any sense since when my mobile data option is off, it stays off.

Again my other suggestion to u is to do this test in another area where you know doesn't have LTE with mobile data off just to be sure.

Sent from my LG G2 LS980 using Tapatalk

I tried that when testing that earlier. About the only thing i haven't done at this point is pop the sim out. Its not a huge deal but there has been some 800 testing going on in the past month. I would rather have the lte.

Edit: I think I have it figured out. Earlier it wouldn't let me change my mobile network setting. Whatever i changed it to, as soon as i backed out of the menu, it would still be lte/cdma. Now it is staying on cdma only. I'll walk outside in a minute and test it. Weird, but fitting to the day I'm having.

Edit again: It works now. Mobile network setting sticks. Walked out side and can cycle airplane mode in strong lte and remain on 3g. Can change it and cycle back and forth from 3g to 4g. Not sure why that didn't work earlier. I tried rebooting and disabling lte on all bands and it stayed stuck on lte/cdma mode and wouldn't let me change it. Like I said,weird day.

• Like 1

I tried that when testing that earlier. About the only thing i haven't done at this point is pop the sim out. Its not a huge deal but there has been some 800 testing going on in the past month. I would rather have the lte. Edit: I think I have it figured out. Earlier it wouldn't let me change my mobile network setting. Whatever i changed it to, as soon as i backed out of the menu, it would still be lte/cdma. Now it is staying on cdma only. I'll walk outside in a minute and test it. Weird, but fitting to the day I'm having. Edit again: It works now. Mobile network setting sticks. Walked out side and can cycle airplane mode in strong lte and remain on 3g. Can change it and cycle back and forth from 3g to 4g. Not sure why that didn't work earlier. I tried rebooting and disabling lte on all bands and it stayed stuck on lte/cdma mode and wouldn't let me change it. Like I said,weird day. Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Disabling all the LTE bands doesn't not necessarily change the Network Mode from LTE/CDMA to CDMA Only.  I don't understand why you even need to disable all the LTE bands in the first place.  Changing the Network Mode from LTE/CDMA to CDMA Only in the settings should be enough to force it to only look for 1x and 3G.

Disabling all the LTE bands doesn't not necessarily change the Network Mode from LTE/CDMA to CDMA Only. I don't understand why you even need to disable all the LTE bands in the first place. Changing the Network Mode from LTE/CDMA to CDMA Only in the settings should be enough to force it to only look for 1x and 3G.

That was plan B after it wouldn't let me change the network mode. Earlier when i changed the mode and backed out of the menu it still would be lte/cdma mode. Multiple restarts and still couldn't change it. Tried disabling it in data as a last resort. Don't know what changed but this afternoon it is now letting me change the network mode. I used to change the mode on my s3 at work when we had a dead lte sector.

Ok got my g2 in..its a really nice device..i like the keyboard layout but really disappointed i dont have swype...so far im going in and out of lte..must be right on the outskirts of the tower..phone is stock because i dont know what im doing when it comes to messing with the other screens

Edited for not looking hard enough.. Found the swipe..

Edited by iruntrains

I only figured it out by going into settings and changing it that way..

Alright, wondering if I should go into the screens and change the priorities or just leave it..I'm right on the edge of a tower for lte and can barely get a signal with it..don't know how to do screen shots to post either..in a speed test last night the highest I got was 8 up and 1 something down..