LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

The Best Buy Black Friday Ad has the G2 for $50.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

LOL! I got mine in store for $50 because I traded in my Blackberry 8330.  So no harm done.  I'd rather have this beast of a phone two weeks prior for the cost of that Black Berry that I never use.

Probably corky because of my Windows 8.1 setup.  Ah well, the result was the same.

Result as in you still can't get your MSL? Or you could but you had to some weird thing to get it to work on your machine?

I was able to pull the following speedtest on the outskirts of Columbus, Ohio today on I-71.  Interesting in the actual citys of Cleveland or Columbus I can't get LTE.  I could not connect at all until I updated my profile.

My Speedtest result in Marengo for Sprint (LTE) : 25.21 Mb/s (download) & 10.54 Mb/s (upload) via #sensorly. Ping was 86 when using speedtest app.

Does anybody else see an issue where the phone signal drops to nothing every minute or so and the 3g data drops for about 10 seconds then comes back.  I have been experiencing this all day.  Possibly due to a week LTE signal near by?  I also connected from eHarpd to EV-DO at one point yet my phone would not recognize the EV-DO date until I reset my data connection.

Which menu is this? Under ##32823#?

##DEBUG#

AJ

And there it is:  band 41.  You simply used your MSL to enable band 41 and adjust priority?  Why has no one else done this so far?

AJ

• Like 1

And there it is: band 41. You simply used your MSL to enable band 41 and adjust priority? Why has no one else done this so far?

AJ

I had to set band 25 as 0 priority and I will be connected to another B41 site in about an hour so expect more screens. :-P

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 2

Ok it appears that when the phone searches for LTE on band 41 and 25 it drops 3G data connection.  That is really going to get old.  Is this a result of the single antenna issue.  I just returned a Note 3 for this phone and this could be a major problem.  Also, why does the phone idle on LTE Band 50?

Got my MSL.

Here's the results.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Very awesome.  Your welcome for helping you get your MSL.  By the way, when you enabled B41, did you set the band priority for B41 to 0 or 1.  Also what is your band priority for B25...0 or 1?

Do you mind posting a screen shot of your band priority page.

• Like 1

Folks, as a PSA, do not quote the huge screenshots.  You can quote the text but remove the screenshots.  Thanks.

AJ

• Like 3

Also noting... It drops Bamd41 occasionally and switches to Band 25 even when B41 is under - 90dBm and B25 is - 115+. Maybe that's a reason it's not active out of the box? Having to airplane mode it a few times so far.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Ok it appears that when the phone searches for LTE on band 41 and 25 it drops 3G data connection.  That is really going to get old.  Is this a result of the single antenna issue.  I just returned a Note 3 for this phone and this could be a major problem.  Also, why does the phone idle on LTE Band 50?

Interesting.  I'll have to keep an eye out for that since I just enabled B41 on my G2.

Remember that Sprint has said there will be a software update after the first of the year to enable Band 41.  They are blocking it for a reason.  This may be why.  Anything else before the official update is just gravy for early adopters.

Robert

• Like 3

Remember that Sprint has said there will be a software update after the first of the year to enable Band 41. They are blocking it for a reason. This may be why. Anything else before the official update is just gravy for early adopters.

Robert

Yep. This device has been the best one so far and I've had it for so little time. Can't wait to see this bad boy when I get that update.

If anyone has rooted, use G2 Xposed. It's really good.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 3

The phone is not idling on LTE Band 50.. "50" is apparently what is displayed when there is no LTE connection.

-Mike

• Like 1

Remember that Sprint has said there will be a software update after the first of the year to enable Band 41.  They are blocking it for a reason.  This may be why.  Anything else before the official update is just gravy for early adopters.

Robert

This is not just Band 41 though it is also band 25.