LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I noticed that B41 works if you have B26 disabled according to the people here.

It should since they are completely independent of each other. I would hate to have B41 LTE dependent on B26 LTE.

I am going to try B41 LTE after work on a confirmed B41 LTE tower to see it can connect to it.  The good thing is that I don't have any B25 LTE around that area so it shouldn't interfere between the 2 LTE bands.

Calling Sprint was way faster than this lol

True but there are people who just hate talking to Sprint CSR and would rather avoid it if possible.  You don't have to be too tech saavy to do this method and I tried to make the steps as easiest as possible.

It should since they are completely independent of each other. I would hate to have B41 LTE dependent on B26 LTE.

I am going to try B41 LTE after work on a confirmed B41 LTE tower to see it can connect to it.  The good thing is that I don't have any B25 LTE around that area so it shouldn't interfere between the 2 LTE bands.

I went to check another site on the way home from class and found that it would not connect to B41 because B25 is co-located on it and even with the setup I had, B25 would always connect while B41 would not.

The FSCJ campus site has a really weak B25 signal so B41 can override it.  I tried numerous different tests to get B41 working on the co-located B25/41 site and no go.  Only B25 from it.  The update early next year should fix this problem.

EDIT: Then again I also had B26 enabled at the time so maybe that broke it.

• Like 1

I went to check another site on the way home from class and found that it would not connect to B41 because B25 is co-located on it and even with the setup I had, B25 would always connect while B41 would not.

The FSCJ campus site has a really weak B25 signal so B41 can override it.  I tried numerous different tests to get B41 working on the co-located B25/41 site and no go.  Only B25 from it.  The update early next year should fix this problem.

EDIT: Then again I also had B26 enabled at the time so maybe that broke it.

I wouldn't even bother with B26 at this point since chances are there is no B26 around you.  I don't even plan to try to enable B26 until sometime in January until we get some confirmation of sites in my area that have B26 LTE live.

Lol you can just do a sprint chat

Once you have all the tools setup it doesn't really take that long.  It looks more intimidating than it looks.  You can perform all these steps in part 1 and 2 in about 10 mins.

What I am more curious about at this point is whether this tool works on HTC, Samsung and other devices.  Hopefully someone can report back on whether it works with one of these other OEMs.

Dog on thing still hasn't updated on arrival scan.. How is everyone tracking going?? Saying tomorrow evening but it's not looking like it..

Breathe. UPS and FedEx don't make money if they don't move packages. I have had plenty of things delivered that didn't even get their first scan until 11pm or midnight the night before it arrived. Trucks make more progress during off-peak hours when there is less traffic.

-Mike

• Like 1

Well everyone I have a dumb question per say. Would a average user notice triband in a daily basis? Also is the g2 better ag getting signal in metal buildings? Thanks looking forwad to joining the g2 family once I cab get one.

In a metal building, no device is going to help if it blocks out the signal. The G2 is better at grabbing weak signals, but there's no way to know if it will help inside your building.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "would an average user notice triband...?"

Here are B41 LTE screenshots from the Los Angeles area and the B41 LTE speeds are REAL!!!! Holy cow!! Thank you Robert, AJ and all the staff at S4GRU for providing this wonderful information about B41 LTE live sites in the premier sponsor section.  If you are not a premier sponsor already, shame on you...j/k.  But really consider being a premier sponsor especially if you live in a large market.

Without further ado, I am going to post all the screenshots in two posts.  

XT0zItw.jpg

OjRueej.jpg

YAwH5LI.jpg

wgwhMrC.jpg

• Like 18