LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I only figured it out by going into settings and changing it that way..

Alright, wondering if I should go into the screens and change the priorities or just leave it..I'm right on the edge of a tower for lte and can barely get a signal with it..don't know how to do screen shots to post either..in a speed test last night the highest I got was 8 up and 1 something down..

Only the default keyboard supports the long press on spacebar to change keyboards.

After you change to a different keyboard it doesn't appear that any other keyboards support that feature.

If that is at home why not just connect to your home internet?  It will be a lot faster in almost all instances then you don't have to worry about messing with your priorities.

I changed it to my home wifi.. I was just like everyone else wanting to check out speeds and connectivity.. Still debating with myself if I should change any of the settings with the band priorities... I probably will just leave it alone..

So as I am having no problem with LTE in the ATL and my G2 "Network Mode" is set on "LTE/CDMA" should I have the Connections Optimizer checked or unchecked? 

Not sure if it matters until the Spark update is released.

Thanks.

Mav.  :ninja:

Does the Sprint LG G2 have a FM radio?  I was just testing the NextRadio app and I had my 3G/4G data connection disabled and my wifi disabled and I am able to listen to the FM radio with no issues.  I just have my headphones plugged in to serve as the antenna.

I read that the ATT and Verizon versions have the FM radio disabled.  Can someone try using the NextRadio app and see if this works when you have all data connection disabled and see if you are able to listen to FM radio with just your headphones?

Only the default keyboard supports the long press on spacebar to change keyboards.

After you change to a different keyboard it doesn't appear that any other keyboards support that feature.

If that is at home why not just connect to your home internet?  It will be a lot faster in almost all instances then you don't have to worry about messing with your priorities.

Isn't it just as easy to change your keyboard in the notification window?

As far as wifi, I try to use it as much as possible, but Sprint simply works and Comcast both at home and at work constantly has connection and timeout issues. It's just annoying having to reload a page 5 times because of "connection lost" errors. It's nice having a reliable 30 mbps connection.

Does the Sprint LG G2 have a FM radio?  I was just testing the NextRadio app and I had my 3G/4G data connection disabled and my wifi disabled and I am able to listen to the FM radio with no issues.  I just have my headphones plugged in to serve as the antenna.

I read that the ATT and Verizon versions have the FM radio disabled.  Can someone try using the NextRadio app and see if this works when you have all data connection disabled and see if you are able to listen to FM radio with just your headphones?

Yeah, works just fine. I didn't know the other carriers disabled FM. That doesn't make much sense since they have limited data plans. You'd think anything that allows customers to use less data would be welcome to the other carriers who say they have capacity issues.

Yeah, works just fine. I didn't know the other carriers disabled FM. That doesn't make much sense since they have limited data plans. You'd think anything that allows customers to use less data would be welcome to the other carriers who say they have capacity issues.

Thanks.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy but I don't see this listed on the specs on the LG website for the Sprint variant.  I'll have my buddy who has a Verizon G2 test the FM radio feature out to verify if this is true that the Verizon and AT&T versions have the FM radio disabled.

So i remember when i was messing with some other carrier G2 phones at best buy they had a scroll bar for brightness in the pulldown menu, All i currently have is a volume scroll bar, anyone know if it is possible to take that off and put in a brightness scroll bar?  Can't seem to find it anywhere in the settings menus.

So i remember when i was messing with some other carrier G2 phones at best buy they had a scroll bar for brightness in the pulldown menu, All i currently have is a volume scroll bar, anyone know if it is possible to take that off and put in a brightness scroll bar?  Can't seem to find it anywhere in the settings menus.

You can long press the Brightness button to get to the display menu and scroll from there. You can also toggle through steps of brightness by tapping it. I also have a widget on my home screen to adjust it.

Isn't it just as easy to change your keyboard in the notification window?

As far as wifi, I try to use it as much as possible, but Sprint simply works and Comcast both at home and at work constantly has connection and timeout issues. It's just annoying having to reload a page 5 times because of "connection lost" errors. It's nice having a reliable 30 mbps connection.

I would freak out if my home internet connection dropped regularly.  I would call them everyday until they figured it out.

I would freak out if my home internet connection dropped regularly.  I would call them everyday until they figured it out.

Comcast business class Internet. Up to 50 times faster...at delivering the next connection timeout error.

tmp_IMG_20131115_1204541149726948.jpg

• Like 3

Comcast business class Internet. Up to 50 times faster...at delivering the next connection timeout error.

attachicon.giftmp_IMG_20131115_1204541149726948.jpg

Geez, With my Verizon FIOS Internet, I have been getting 87 down and 39 up with the G2 on WiFi.

My plan is actually 75/35 so the G2 is as good as my desktop PC.  :)

Anyone else have some erratic touchscreen behavior? Occasionally, the screen will detect multiple clicks or jump all over the place while scrolling with finger on the screen.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Anyone else have some erratic touchscreen behavior? Occasionally, the screen will detect multiple clicks or jump all over the place while scrolling with finger on the screen.

Seen someone with the issue when the employees got the phone before the release. Its toward the beginning of this thread.

Seen someone with the issue when the employees got the phone before the release. Its toward the beginning of this thread.Koiulpoi

Koiulpoi (who started this thread) had that problem.  He sent his back.  I saw some reviews on the Verizon version that had that issue as well. 

So what seems to be the best case/protector so far?

I have tried many throughout the years and on many phones and I keep coming back to the OtterBox Commuter case.

Light, not slick, good looking.

In fact, my phone is wearing one now.

Just my $.02

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

Yes. I have had this issue. Seems like its sensitivity is set a little to high.

So what seems to be the best case/protector so far?  I just got my GC from BB. I was thinking of the QuickWindow case, but not sure if I like the idea of a front cover.  Does anyone know if the front folds all the way against the back?

Suggestions?

I have the Ballistic Maxx case and my wife has the Otterbox Commuter. Both are excellent.

I would try turning on "Show Touches" in the Developer Options to see if it's actually registering multiple touches.

So what seems to be the best case/protector so far?  I just got my GC from BB. I was thinking of the QuickWindow case, but not sure if I like the idea of a front cover.  Does anyone know if the front folds all the way against the back?

Suggestions?

I have the Spigen Slim Armor case in Infinity White.