LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Also noting... It drops Bamd41 occasionally and switches to Band 25 even when B41 is under - 90dBm and B25 is - 115+. Maybe that's a reason it's not active out of the box? Having to airplane mode it a few times so far.

Sent from my LG-LS980

But does it drop 3G connection like eml626 has been claiming when the phone tries to search for B41 and B25 LTE?

What?

When I am just on 1900 MHZ and the phone searches for LTE I am loosing 3g.  Interesting though if I am in signal check I still show full signal on 1X and 3g the phone itself is just not processing it and I get a not connected to mobile network error.  This could also be due to the fact that in Cleveland the last week or so I keep switching between eHarpd and EV-DO which is not pleasent as EV-DO generally also fails to be detected by the device.  The eHarpd/EVDO-Issue was also present on the Note 3 but not on the Iphone 5s.

But does it drop 3G connection like eml626 has been claiming when the phone tries to search for B41 and B25 LTE?

For me, I always either have 3G or 4G. There is little to no downtime when switching between them. B41 I have to force via airplane mode. Although I do lose all data a few second prior to a phone call coming in.

Sent from my LG-LS980

it seems like DPI is set different than the nexus everything comes off more spacious or is that really the effect of .25 in screen over the nexus 5?

That is probably android 4.4, has slightly larger icons and such from what I remember reading

For me, I always either have 3G or 4G. There is little to no downtime when switching between them. B41 I have to force via airplane mode. Although I do lose all data a few second prior to a phone call coming in. Sent from my LG-LS980

Thats interesting.  So if you watch your LTE status in the debug menu when the phone scans Band 41 will it just simply not connect until you cycle airplane mode?

When I am just on 1900 MHZ and the phone searches for LTE I am loosing 3g.

Uh oh...

ebdftt.png

AJ

• Like 3

Uh oh...

AJ

Funny.  I did think it was interesting that while in Columbus, Ohio this morning I was getting almost 1.5 mbps down and .6 mbps up on 3g.  If Sprint could just keep those speeds as the normal I would have no issue with 3G as those speeds are more then sufficient to browse the internet.  In Cleveland we are lucky to get .3 down on a good connection.

Edited by eml626
  • Like 1

Here is something very interesting I thought I'd share with everyone:

I received a PM from a social worker at the Sprint Community in regards to my question last Friday why I wasn't getting LTE here in my area (Harrisburg PA) before we knew of the fallback issue. 

The gentleman told me that the towers I am on have received all upgrades except 800 MHz.  In addition, the legacy equipment is the same as the NV equipment.  He is going to have a member of the network team check to see what is going on. 

• Like 1

I used those exact drivers. Hit scan, found device. When I hit connect, says device is connected then when I hit read it freezes and acts up. My PC finds it on COM4, also displays in device manager.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Same here but the third try was the charm

Connect device and re select LGE.... and if need to reselect correct COM drop down menu make sure you set NV to LG.

South Campus FSCJ site, in their eastern parking lot. 

EDIT: You'll actually see two dots from me on Sensorly. I tried testing two separate sectors and the western one was just better.

Nice, that's close to me so I can see if it's possible to get the N5 on Band-41 a little earlier than expected.

I followed ericdabbs steps to get my MSL.  Now what do I do with it?  :)

If you know you have B41 LTE around you...you will need to enable the B41 LTE band. 

To do this, do the following:

1. On the dialer, type ##DATA# (##3282#).

2. Select "LTE" and select "Edit"

3.  Enter your MSL for Service Code.

4. Select "Band41 Enable/Disable" and select "Enable"

5. Select "Band 41 Priority" and choose "1"

6. Select "Band 25 Priority" and choose "0"

7. Reboot your phone (it should automatically do it for you if you exit out of the menu).

8. Find a B41 LTE tower

9. Take speedtests and LTE engineering menu screenshots

10. Profit and brag about it on S4GRU forums.

• Like 7

So for all the people suffering from LTE issues, just wanted to put this out there. Today I am at work inside a building with metal siding and a metal roof. My coworker with AT&T doesn't have a LTE signal and was shocked that I had two bars of LTE. We did speed tests. I pulled a peak of 12.7 down and 1.79 up at 67ms ping with a -110 dbm signal. He pulled 0.3 down and had a network communication error during the upload.

Looks like Sprint is going to surprise many with these new triband devices if future handsets perform like this.

Had a very similar situation at a local restaurant, I had about a -89dBm and pullled in nearly 20mb sec in midtown manhattan at 2 30pm and my buddy on ATT was pulling in about 2mb sec on a note 2 connected to LTE as well.

• Like 3

I posted some instructions on how to get your MSL not only for the LG G2 but it also it has options to find it for multiple phones.  Do we want to have this posted somewhere in a sticky or something? 

I mean if we do then I might want to edit some things in the procedure where it doesn't reference the LG drivers but so far 4 people have tried it (Ascertion, HomerSimpson, Redx and myself) and it has worked. 

Same here but the third try was the charm

Connect device and re select LGE.... and if need to reselect correct COM drop down menu make sure you set NV to LG.

Yeah I would say the safer thing to do is once you scan your ports and you see which COM port the LG phone is on (LGE....), select the appropriate COM port in the drop down menu to be safe and then hit Connect.

Also noting... It drops Bamd41 occasionally and switches to Band 25 even when B41 is under - 90dBm and B25 is - 115+. Maybe that's a reason it's not active out of the box? Having to airplane mode it a few times so far.

Sent from my LG-LS980

That happened to me when i bought the phone it kept going to -85 to -135

For anyone interested in finding their MSL and don't want to contact Sprint, there is an easy method to find your MSL for your device.  Let me know if it works for you. 

I already had my MSL before performing this method so I can verify that this method does work and did give me my correct MSL on the LG G2.  This MSL method should work on other OEM devices too.

Methods Included
NV
HTC
LG
Samsung
ADB
Photon

I haven't personally verified it for Samsung, HTC, etc but under the "Method" pull down menu it tells you all the supported OEMs it can find a MSL for.

This application can also help you flash your PRL file especially if you get a custom PRL file from digiblur's thread.  If you follow the steps below you should have no issue.

NOTE:  If you do not know your MSL code, please perform parts 1 through 3.  If you already know your MSL code, perform parts 1 and 3 and can skip part 2.

NOTE:  This flash PRL method does NOT work on Nexus devices since it does not have the ##DIAG# (##3424#) dialer code.

Please provide feedback on the device used and whether it worked for you.  If you guys have suggestions on the wording of some steps for clarity purposes, let me know.

XDA thread with the source of this information.  Credits go out to oriax123 for creating this wonderful app and bigfdaddy2 and rich_e for providing the instructions and information.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2521276

Instructions:

Part 1, Connecting the phone in diagnostics mode:
1. Install USB drivers for your phone.

NOTE:  If you have Sprint LG G2, please use the USB drivers from the link below.  Scroll down to Software Update tab and download USB drivers.

http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-D801
2. On the phone, enable USB debugging in developer options (tap the build # in Settings > About Phone > Software Information, 7 times to enable developer options).
3. Dial ##DIAG# (##3424#) to enable diagnostics mode.
4. Connect phone, select "charge only"
5. Check windows device manager to see if you have a com port. It should be listed as “LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COMxx) (xx=port #). 

NOTE: This LGE name is only for LG phones.  Other OEMs will have a different name for the USB serial port.

Part 2, Get your MSL:
1. Get Basic Flasher http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2394499. (Great tool! Please thank the poster "bigfdaddy2” and make a donation at tiny.cc/oriax123donate if you like it.)
2. Open Basic Flasher, password is oriax123.
3. In Basic Flasher:

A. Click the “Scan” button.
B. Select the “LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COMxx) or whatever the name of the serial COM port for your phone device” and ensure the COM port on the drop down menu next to the "Scan" button matches the COM port listed in the display section. If it does not, manually select the correct COM port in the drop down menu that matches your phone device.
C. Click the "Connect" button.
D. Click the “Read Device” button. The screen should populate with you MDN, MIN and SID.
E. Under Method, select your OEM (LG, Samsung, HTC, etc).
F. Click “Read SPC”. The SPC field should populate with your SPC (MSL).

Part 3, Update your PRL:

1. In Basic Flasher perform the following:

A.Click the “…” next to the PRL field and browse to the file location of the PRL you want to load, select the PRL.

B. In the SPC field, enter your MSL code.

NOTE:  If you performed Part 2, step 3F, your MSL code will already be populated.

C. Click the “Send SPC” button. The dialog will show “Device Unlocked”.

D. Click the “Provision” button. The dialog will show that the MDN, MIN and SID have been written and the phone will reset.
E. On the phone, go to Settings > About Phone > Status and see if it shows you new PRL number.

Basic Flasher.jpg

Edited by ericdabbs
  • Like 1

I posted some instructions on how to get your MSL not only for the LG G2 but it also it has options to find it for multiple phones. Do we want to have this posted somewhere in a sticky or something?

I mean if we do then I might want to edit some things in the procedure where it doesn't reference the LG drivers but so far 4 people have tried it (Ascertion, HomerSimpson, Redx and myself) and it has worked.

Newbie around here. The process worked for me as well. Thanks for the detailed instructions! Definitely recommend as a separate sticky. Now I just need to find a B41 tower. Not likely in my area (Katy, TX) anytime soon though.

• Like 1

Newbie around here. The process worked for me as well. Thanks for the detailed instructions! Definitely recommend as a separate sticky. Now I just need to find a B41 tower. Not likely in my area (Katy, TX) anytime soon though.

Thanks.  I went ahead and made a thread in the General Topics area and looks like someone already stickied it.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5022-easy-method-to-obtain-your-msl/