LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I have a question. Somewhere on here recently this was posted:

" Not correct, it was accessible via dialer code 5689#*980#  "

What's the purpose for this and if tinkered with can it be undone. I was reading through the most recent comments and I dialed the code to see the selection. When I tapped on one of the categories it said the test are already done and I believe it asked if I wanted to run it again so I tapped yes. Well it was an interactive tasks so I was there tapping the pass button but got burned out rather quickly so I pulled the notification menu down then clicked down and held the power button until it restarted. The only reason I did that is because I couldn't find a way to leave the diagnostics, there was no option given.  :loco:

So here's the dilemma.  Knock On has been disabled. :confused:

Any help is greatly appreciated. :thx:

factory reset man

I was messing with that menu when I first got it, just because I like to mess with things, but I had to go back into the menu to change the values I did. Even after wipes, resets, and flashing different roms. Mine wouldn't Allow any 3g data at all. But I found out what i messed up and fixed it.

" Not correct, it was accessible via dialer code 5689#*980# "

What's the purpose for this and if tinkered with can it be undone. I was reading through the most recent comments and I dialed the code to see the selection. When I tapped on one of the categories it said the test are already done and I believe it asked if I wanted to run it again so I tapped yes. Well it was an interactive tasks so I was there tapping the pass button but got burned out rather quickly so I pulled the notification menu down then clicked down and held the power button until it restarted. The only reason I did that is because I couldn't find a way to leave the diagnostics, there was no option given. :loco:

So here's the dilemma. Knock On has been disabled. :confused:

The main reason I used this menu was to put my phone in LTE only for testing with ecsfb issues. I won't be upgrading until someone says they have stock root with it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Master reset my phone, check out the default priorities:

Posted Image

Try a profile/prl update to get them back to normal. I think it should be 25,26,41. But then again, those are only scans and have basically no effect at all on where the network will place you.

Weird. These are mine. I just went from rooted all the way back to ZVA and then worked my way up the chain to ZVC this morning.

Posted Image

I second those priorities.

" Not correct, it was accessible via dialer code 5689#*980#  "

What's the purpose for this and if tinkered with can it be undone. I was reading through the most recent comments and I dialed the code to see the selection. When I tapped on one of the categories it said the test are already done and I believe it asked if I wanted to run it again so I tapped yes. Well it was an interactive tasks so I was there tapping the pass button but got burned out rather quickly so I pulled the notification menu down then clicked down and held the power button until it restarted. The only reason I did that is because I couldn't find a way to leave the diagnostics, there was no option given.  :loco:

So here's the dilemma.  Knock On has been disabled. :confused:

UPDATE!!

In regards to the  " Not correct, it was accessible via dialer code 5689#*980#  "

I went back through the menu and back tracked then exit it properly but no change. I was going to HARD factory reset when it dawn on me to check settings just in case. Well I went through the laundry list of categories and found it under " GESTURES " , turn on/off Knock On.

Who would of thought that was an option. DUH :blink:

* Now back to your regularly scheduled program. :lol:  

Edited by Maverick

From what I'm reading, the best way to get this update and not implode my phone would be to hard reset/factory default it, get the ZVC update, and reinstall all my apps cleanly.

*please excuse me while I block off half my day*

• Like 1

Just tot back to ZV7 and manually update to ZVA. It works just fine. 

I think you may have figured this out by now but no, if you are on ZVC you cannot get to it but every build (ZV7, ZV8, ZVA) until now has given access.  The Flex did not have access to the Hidden Menu so I kind of figured this would happen BUT hoping that just putting the HiddenMenu.apk into system on a rooted ZVC device may give access.  

I'll test this out myself once I update to ZVC again as I've done it a couple times and ran the tot to go back for testing some things. 

Well, using the old HiddenMenu.apk did not restore the actual options so it's going to take more digging to restore the options. I'll see what can be done about that but no promises we'll ever see LTE Only mode on our G2's again.  Lucky for me, my market is largely completed on the band25 side to eCSFB issues aren't a huge deal anymore.  :D

From what I'm reading, the best way to get this update and not implode my phone would be to hard reset/factory default it, get the ZVC update, and reinstall all my apps cleanly.

*please excuse me while I block off half my day*

What is your setup right now? 

Well, using the old HiddenMenu.apk did not restore the actual options so it's going to take more digging to restore the options. I'll see what can be done about that but no promises we'll ever see LTE Only mode on our G2's again.  Lucky for me, my market is largely completed on the band25 side to eCSFB issues aren't a huge deal anymore.  :D

What is your setup right now? 

Hidden Menu is accessible via dialer code 5689#*980#

Hidden Menu is accessible via dialer code 5689#*980#

Ya don't say?  :tu:

I know that BUT on ZVC it does not include options for changing the System Select which is the main reason anyone would be poking around in there.  I was attempting to get that option back with some juggling of apk's in system but it didn't work. 

• Like 3

Being in the market that I'm in I don't think I can do an update until the towers around me get the NV upgrade. Not being able to go data centric is a definite deal breaker. :wacko:

You can also get the update over WiFi. 

You can also get the update over WiFi. 

Huh? I don't follow.  I think he was just saying since we can't do LTE Only, he won't update to ZVC since there is currently no way to do it on new software version. 

Ya don't say?  :tu:

I know that BUT on ZVC it does not include options for changing the System Select which is the main reason anyone would be poking around in there.  I was attempting to get that option back with some juggling of apk's in system but it didn't work. 

Okay gotcha! :wavey:

• Like 1

Huh? I don't follow.  I think he was just saying since we can't do LTE Only, he won't update to ZVC since there is currently no way to do it on new software version.

My bad! I tuned in late and didn't read enough of the previous posts.

• Like 1

im getting inpatient on this breakin period after this kk update with the battery. I dont want to do a factory reset cause it sucks getting the phone back to the way i had but I will if there is a good chance it will correct the issue.  I ahve lost roughly three to fours of battery life since update. What are your guys thoughts on this?

How can we prevent this updated from appearing?

Any ways to kill it if Sprint tries to force it?

Being in an emerging market with hidden b41, i am not willing to go backwards. Already did that by giving up wimax.

Now i will strongly consider this update once my market is officially launched with all lte bands fully open

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

How can we prevent this updated from appearing?

Any ways to kill it if Sprint tries to force it?

Being in an emerging market with hidden b41, i am not willing to go backwards. Already did that by giving up wimax.

Now i will strongly consider this update once my market is officially launched with all lte bands fully open

why do you think the ZVC update is a step backwards?  It seems to have fixed a few things for the better.  LTE reception seems to be good.

why do you think the ZVC update is a step backwards? It seems to have fixed a few things for the better. LTE reception seems to be good.

It is a step backwards when i have to give up 45+ fast b41 sites in a emerging market where there is often no lte, all because of the removal of hidden menu features

It is a step backwards when i have to give up 45+ fast b41 sites in a emerging market where there is often no lte, all because of the removal of hidden menu features

Does your market have eCSFB issues?