LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I presume no wifi calling feature available in the KK update?

Doesn't look like it. How do we tell for sure? There were no new apps installed and the phone dialer is the same.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A sprint rep replied to a community post, somewhat earlier, that wifi calling is still only set up for the 2 samsung devices.   Since it's coming from a Sprint CSR you can take that however you like.

Doesn't look like it. How do we tell for sure? There were no new apps installed and the phone dialer is the same.

Tried installing the WiFi calling app from the Samsung phones and it wouldn't open.

Someone mentioned something about the "OK Google" feature..I'm confused because I'm able to do that just like in my nexus 7..

With KK you can now say "Ok Google" and google now pops up.  Of course you can do that with your Nexus 7 since it has been on KK for awhile now.  You just got used to it on your Nexus 7 but didn't realize that it was a KK feature.  It doesn't work on JB for the "Ok google" phrase.

With KK you can now say "Ok Google" and google now pops up. Of course you can do that with your Nexus 7 since it has been on KK for awhile now. You just got used to it on your Nexus 7 but didn't realize that it was a KK feature. It doesn't work on JB for the "Ok google" phrase.

saying ok Google works with my g2 has since day one.

Wondering, has anyone tried to TOT back from the ZVC software yet?

I tried to side load the update and it boot looped after flashing and was able to .tot flash back to zv7. I was definitely on the ZVC bootloader and recovery so I can confirm you can flash back from ZVC.

• Like 1

I tried to side load the update and it boot looped after flashing and was able to .tot flash back to zv7. I was definitely on the ZVC bootloader and recovery so I can confirm you can flash back from ZVC.

When you tried to sideload the update, did you have custom recovery and any other tweaks?  That will screw it up.  The OTA does a system integrity check of your files and if you it doesn't match it will bootloop.

Mine too..I don't have the new update..been working since I got the phone..nothing new..still awaiting the update

saying ok Google works with my g2 has since day one.

Yes this is true only if you have Google now open on the G2

It's hard to tell. Chicago is so well blanketed that even the worst phone will have lte almost always. Also, I've noticed that my outbound calls connect so fast now, that once I press send, I hear the ringing before I can get the phone to my ear.

Before the kit kat update was your outbound call connection deathly slow? As mine are and I hope after Kit Kat my out bound calls will be instant like yours.

When you tried to sideload the update, did you have custom recovery and any other tweaks?  That will screw it up.  The OTA does a system integrity check of your files and if you it doesn't match it will bootloop.

I was on totally stock ZVA, sideloaded and ended up in boot loop.  Had to use flashtool to flash back to zv7, did all the updates, then did the google framework trick and got zvc.

So, what about 4k video? Obviously we didn't get it, but if I remember correctly, I thought someone said we would be getting it...

So, what about 4k video? Obviously we didn't get it, but if I remember correctly, I thought someone said we would be getting it...

I believe that requires a specific camera mod - even with KK.

• Like 1

I was on totally stock ZVA, sideloaded and ended up in boot loop. Had to use flashtool to flash back to zv7, did all the updates, then did the google framework trick and got zvc.

What is the google framework trick?

What is the google framework trick?

Go to settings>apps>all and find and click on google services framework.  Click Force Stop and then Clear Data, then immediately try do to an update.  When you attempt an update it should show that the last checked date was 1969 or some such.

This worked for me on the first try, but some people are reporting it takes several tries.

• Like 1

:oops:

Okay I need some assistance.

People have tried to side load and there's stuck in a loop.

Question: What's the best easiest course of action to do at that point and is there a link for step by step.

I've come across people on social networks running into this issue and have no idea what to do next.

Thanks, any and all feedback on instructions to fix that situation is greatly appreciated. :thx:

:oops:

Okay I need some assistance.

People have tried to side load and there's stuck in a loop.

Question: What's the best easiest course of action to do at that point and is there a link for step by step.

I've come across people on social networks running into this issue and have no idea what to do next.

Thanks, any and all feedback on instructions to fix that situation is greatly appreciated. :thx:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2590528

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Download the file at this link: 

There's a readme in there that has links to two threads on XDA that will walk you through it.  Pay careful attention about the parts of overwriting a specific DLL, setting your com port, etc... it can be tricky.  The files downloaded here are specific for the LS980, no other files are needed - other than possibly updated USB drivers.

http://storagecow.eu/Xda/LG%20G2/Stock/Sprint%20LS980/Sprint%20LG%20G2%20Back%20To%20Stock.zip

• Like 1

Download the file at this link: 

There's a readme in there that has links to two threads on XDA that will walk you through it.  Pay careful attention about the parts of overwriting a specific DLL, setting your com port, etc... it can be tricky.  The files downloaded here are specific for the LS980, no other files are needed - other than possibly updated USB drivers.

http://storagecow.eu/Xda/LG%20G2/Stock/Sprint%20LS980/Sprint%20LG%20G2%20Back%20To%20Stock.zip

That's great! I'll pass this on to them, it will help immensely.

Thank you very so much.

Nope 100% stock never rooted ZVA.

Impatience got the better of me, so I sideloaded this afternoon.

I booted to recovery, then used ADB sideload

When it completed, I went to reboot system, and that caused a boot loop.  I found the message on XDA, and followed the suggestion there:

I got back to recovery, and did the ADB sideload.

When the phone restarted and came back to recovery, instead of rebooting, I did the ADB sideload again.

This time, the phone also restarted and came back to recovery.  I did not reboot here, either, but did ADB sideload a third time... and it took a bit over 30 minutes.

After this time, I got the message that install from ADB was completed, and I did reboot the system.

It came up in ZVC.... and has been working fine since.  

If I had it to do all over again, I'd wait for the OTA.  I ended up spending a couple of hours on sideloading.

• Like 2

Impatience got the better of me, so I sideloaded this afternoon.

I booted to recovery, then used ADB sideload

When it completed, I went to reboot system, and that caused a boot loop.  I found the message on XDA, and followed the suggestion there:

I got back to recovery, and did the ADB sideload.

When the phone restarted and came back to recovery, instead of rebooting, I did the ADB sideload again.

This time, the phone also restarted and came back to recovery.  I did not reboot here, either, but did ADB sideload a third time... and it took a bit over 30 minutes.

After this time, I got the message that install from ADB was completed, and I did reboot the system.

It came up in ZVC.... and has been working fine since.  

If I had it to do all over again, I'd wait for the OTA.  I ended up spending a couple of hours on sideloading.

I think someone said up above that if you sideload you actually have to do it 3 times.