LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

what is the msl code for my lg g2 phone??

Its a code to unlock certain features in your menus. If you took the KitKat update recently, you need to ask sprint for it, they'll give it to you. If you haven't taken the KitKat update, dial ##443336772# and it will appear.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ok well my battery has not gotten better. Im down to 31% with just 2hours and 50 mins off the charger. I been on the phone talking texting email and some internet but there has never been a battery drain like this before. Im very pissed. I have done pretty much everything i can and nothing is changing. ANy help will be great. Im ready for a new phone

ok well my battery has not gotten better. Im down to 31% with just 2hours and 50 mins off the charger. I been on the phone talking texting email and some internet but there has never been a battery drain like this before. Im very pissed. I have done pretty much everything i can and nothing is changing. ANy help will be great. Im ready for a new phone

You definitely have some kind of rogue app running it down.  If you're rooted, you can use Gsam battery monitor to check and see what's keeping your phone from going into deep sleep.  (A rogue app will keep the CPU running at all times.)

I've gotten OTA to 4.4.2 and the device lasts all day for me.

• Like 1

You definitely have some kind of rogue app running it down.  If you're rooted, you can use Gsam battery monitor to check and see what's keeping your phone from going into deep sleep.  (A rogue app will keep the CPU running at all times.)

i dont think i am savvy enough to root my phone. If my new phone is not KK I am not going to update too KK for awhile i think. This was the issue I had with my htc one when it updated to jelly bean. Battery, cell reception and something I cant remember just went to hell after update. Went through four replacements before sprint gave me another brand of phone. 

• Like 1

I consistently use about 7.5GB of 4G data, 1GB of 3G data and 15-25GB on WiFi with my G2.  Compound this with 3,000 texts and 700-2,000 minutes of talk time monthly.  On weekdays it is off the charger at 7:00, battery is half dead by noon and around 10% by 6:00 pm.  When i had my Samsung S3 I was recharging by lunchtime.  I  don't think the ZVC update has made any difference in my battery life, but I find the phone glitching and freezing; which I never experienced before the update. 

-William 

I still don't have my KitKat update. I want it to just ask me to download like normal, I do not want to skip the proper steps. I know when the updates started, but, what is the stretch that they will sent the updates to everyone? What is the maximum I will need to wait?

I still don't have my KitKat update. I want it to just ask me to download like normal, I do not want to skip the proper steps. I know when the updates started, but, what is the stretch that they will sent the updates to everyone? What is the maximum I will need to wait?

It could rollout for up to two weeks, I believe.

It took 11 days before I got the ZVA/Spark update. After the 4th day of waiting for KitKat, I just cleared Google Framework and forced the update. I wanted to have it out of the way before I left on vacation.

• Like 3

Really?

Link please!

Shouldn't folks know by now that if you want to learn or be aware of all the latest hacks, tweaks, etc of any cell phone (not named iPhone) to go look on XDA-developers.com forums to find out about this stuff? I swear I see these questions always come up and the answer is always xda-developers.

Shouldn't folks know by now that if you want to learn or be aware of all the latest hacks, tweaks, etc of any cell phone (not named iPhone) to go look on XDA-developers.com forums to find out about this stuff? I swear I see these questions always come up and the answer is always xda-developers.

Yeah of course, just was curious. A cursory glance at the Dev thread of XDA didn't jump out at me.

Yeah of course, just was curious. A cursory glance at the Dev thread of XDA didn't jump out at me.

Just because I am a nice guy.

Direct link

http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/LS980/Stock_Firmware/LS980ZVC_12.zip

XDA thread about this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2702422

• Like 2

How's everyone s battery life after kk update? I done a factory reset to hopefully fix my signal drop issue and since I've updates before and after the reset it seems like it drains fastrr.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

How's everyone s battery life after kk update? I done a factory reset to hopefully fix my signal drop issue and since I've updates before and after the reset it seems like it drains fastrr.

Mine seems to have improved quite a bit.  Mainly in that while the phone is idle the battery doesn't drain as fast. Before the update Google Play Services would chew up my battery.  It would constantly report 50% or more battery usage. I don't know if KK fixed it or something else happened but now it doesn't seem to go above ~10%. 

Mine seems to have improved quite a bit.  Mainly in that while the phone is idle the battery doesn't drain as fast. Before the update Google Play Services would chew up my battery.  It would constantly report 50% or more battery usage. I don't know if KK fixed it or something else happened but now it doesn't seem to go above ~10%. 

Thats what im seeing too. idle time has improved alot while regular on screen time is around the same. I rarely get to 40% before I have to sleep.

How's everyone s battery life after kk update? I done a factory reset to hopefully fix my signal drop issue and since I've updates before and after the reset it seems like it drains fastrr. Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

After 3 hours of standby I am still at 100% battery. While I was at Disney, I used my phone a lot with the Disney app to check wait times, make dining reservations, change fast pass times, take pictures and video and check in on my house with my ADT pulse app and after 15-16 hour days of pretty decent use I usually hit the hotel with a healthy 50-60% battery remaining. By the way, I find it ironic that for being the official wireless partner of Disney, I noticed an AT&T customer had worse service than I did while I was in the line to Soarin.

I have posted in here a few days ago and a couple days with my battery issue and it sucks big time. The other day it was dead within four hours. I would normally get about 15 to 18 hours of moderate use and it dropped to about ten hours besides the four hour incident. Took it to sprint and they are sending me a new phone. I also have noticed it freezes and lags allot. But I still love this phone. 

Mine will be fine and last all day at times. Others it drains incredibly fast. Lately I've been seeing more fast drains than not. I don't use the phone much. Light internet use, about ten texts a day average and I don't really talk on the phone at all. Also, it's been freezing a ton. There isn't anything unusual like apps using up the battery. Everything looks the same as before the update. It's pretty irritating more than anything else.

Mine will be fine and last all day at times. Others it drains incredibly fast.

I had the same issue with my G2. With similar usage it would have random days of crap battery. The next day everything would be fine. It was definitely odd.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk