LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

It is a step backwards when i have to give up 45+ fast b41 sites in a emerging market where there is often no lte, all because of the removal of hidden menu features

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

Just don't install the update.  Simple.

im getting inpatient on this breakin period after this kk update with the battery. I dont want to do a factory reset cause it sucks getting the phone back to the way i had but I will if there is a good chance it will correct the issue. I ahve lost roughly three to fours of battery life since update. What are your guys thoughts on this?

Mine was draining like crazy yesterday after update. I uninstalled Skype and swift key, let battery run down and charged overnight, today it's been back to normal.

• Like 1

Does anyone have issues getting notifications from Tapatalk? Mine quit working about a week ago. I am missing out on good info!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

This has been discussed a loooot to the point where Robert is getting irritated by people pointing it out lol. Tapatalk has problems supporting IP board and they won't fix it. That's just how it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine was draining like crazy yesterday after update. I uninstalled Skype and swift key, let battery run down and charged overnight, today it's been back to normal.

I let it drain yesterday and charged it while it was off. It took about an hour and half which is still good but I barely used the phone today. So tomorrow if it goes fast again I will factory reset. I don't have Skype and I use Dragon swift key. Thanks for the info

After spending a day with my work issued VZW G2, I find myself tapping the screen on my nexus trying to wake it up. I thought knock on would be a gimmick but its making me want to buy my own G2. I also didn't think I would care about the battery life, but it took almost four hours for it to dip down from 100%.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just don't install the update. Simple.

Historically, it will keep pestering you. If it pops up while your doing something else, you might tap the update

Does your market have eCSFB issues?

Yes. Our market also has not launched, but we are seeing sites rapidly being upgraded. Extensive band 41 network since last year that is not fully open.

I let it drain yesterday and charged it while it was off. It took about an hour and half which is still good but I barely used the phone today. So tomorrow if it goes fast again I will factory reset. I don't have Skype and I use Dragon swift key. Thanks for the info

So this is what I'm experiencing now. I charge my phone and it lasts FOREVER on a full battery... When its not being used. However, once I start using it, even for small tasks, the battery drains very fast. Any ideas as to what could be draining the power? I've gone over everything I can think of as far as seeing what apps are running and whats been using the battery. Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary... Hopefully this is all part of the phone getting used to the new software process and it will work itself out. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Historically, it will keep pestering you. If it pops up while your doing something else, you might tap the update

Well if you are rooted, you can just go to your file explorer and go to the path of /cache/fota folder and delete the 618 MB update file.  That way the phone won't install the update since the file is gone.

• Like 1

So this is what I'm experiencing now. I charge my phone and it lasts FOREVER on a full battery... When its not being used. However, once I start using it, even for small tasks, the battery drains very fast. Any ideas as to what could be draining the power? I've gone over everything I can think of as far as seeing what apps are running and whats been using the battery. Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary... Hopefully this is all part of the phone getting used to the new software process and it will work itself out. Thanks in advance!

Post a screenshot of your battery usage screen. Some more info will help us out.

Coming up on almost 24 hours off the charger and I have nearly 4 hours screen on time. Can't complain at all for this being a bone stock device.

i think i will do a factory reset. then i can let others know if it works

Well, using the old HiddenMenu.apk did not restore the actual options so it's going to take more digging to restore the options. I'll see what can be done about that but no promises we'll ever see LTE Only mode on our G2's again.  Lucky for me, my market is largely completed on the band25 side to eCSFB issues aren't a huge deal anymore.  :D

What is your setup right now? 

Drp3D rom, will just go straight back to stock, better off that way.

I think I know why the battery seems to drain faster after updating. I just updated this morning. My battery was at 59% prior to the update with 20 hours on battery and 37 hours estimated remaining. After I successfully updated, it showed 51% on the battery meter. When I went to the usage screen, it showed only 4 minutes on the battery and 1 hour and 31 minutes remaining. It seems like the update sets the scale immediately to 100% no usage from whatever state you were at and reads from there. This may be why it takes one or two full drains for it to realize what 100% and 0% are.

I do have one question, though. Am I correct in assuming that LG left out the ART runtime on their build of Kitkat? I cannot find it anywhere in the developer options.

So, how can I save my contacts so I don't lose them if I do a factory reset?

If you sync your contacts with your gmail account, they will download again after you do the factory reset. Settings>Accounts>Google>your email >sync contacts.

• Like 2

Drp3D rom, will just go straight back to stock, better off that way.

Yes, tot back, manually update to ZVA and then either take the ZVC OTA or sideloading is easy, I've done it like 10 times in the last 3 days. 

I think I know why the battery seems to drain faster after updating. I just updated this morning. My battery was at 59% prior to the update with 20 hours on battery and 37 hours estimated remaining. After I successfully updated, it showed 51% on the battery meter. When I went to the usage screen, it showed only 4 minutes on the battery and 1 hour and 31 minutes remaining. It seems like the update sets the scale immediately to 100% no usage from whatever state you were at and reads from there. This may be why it takes one or two full drains for it to realize what 100% and 0% are.

I do have one question, though. Am I correct in assuming that LG left out the ART runtime on their build of Kitkat? I cannot find it anywhere in the developer options.

I couldnt' find it either.... which was said but it is what it is. Maybe we'll be able to unlock it. :(

So, how can I save my contacts so I don't lose them if I do a factory reset?

Seriously? You should have NO contacts on the phone itself.  Google, Android = Cloud based contacts.  Always add contacts to your gmail account and NEVER to phone.  If your phone get ran over, you lose nothing but time and money restoring apps on new device because your contacts are connected to your gmail account. 

Yes, tot back, manually update to ZVA and then either take the ZVC OTA or sideloading is easy, I've done it like 10 times in the last 3 days. 

I couldnt' find it either.... which was said but it is what it is. Maybe we'll be able to unlock it. :(

Seriously? You should have NO contacts on the phone itself.  Google, Android = Cloud based contacts.  Always add contacts to your gmail account and NEVER to phone.  If your phone get ran over, you lose nothing but time and money restoring apps on new device because your contacts are connected to your gmail account. 

I see so many times on FB that friends say I lost all my contacts and this and that. I try and educate them on saving to their gmail account. Whoever they got their phones from I would hope would have advised them of how to properly setup their phone.

• Like 2

I see so many times on FB that friends say I lost all my contacts and this and that. I try and educate them on saving to their gmail account. Whoever they got their phones from I would hope would have advised them of how to properly setup their phone.

[RantOn] It absolutely blows my mind to hear someone lost contacts ESPECIALLY if they are an Android user. People who don't use their Gmail (Hotmail as primary email on Android = WHY!?!?) is a minor annoyance but people that don't even know their Gmail address nor password because the salesman made it up and "setup" the phone kills me as well. It's like buying a car and not knowing how to put gas in it.:wacko: [RantOff]

Have a good day folks! :lol:

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

That's my plan, or just wait till someone comes out with a rooted ZVC :)