LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

[RantOn] It absolutely blows my mind to hear someone lost contacts ESPECIALLY if they are an Android user. People who don't use their Gmail (Hotmail as primary email on Android = WHY!?!?) is a minor annoyance but people that don't even know their Gmail address nor password because the salesman made it up and "setup" the phone kills me as well. It's like buying a car and not knowing how to put gas in it.:wacko: [RantOff]

Have a good day folks! :lol:

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I use Hotmail mainly but for android I do have a gmail account that I also keep up with. And I'm an android fanboy. :P

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 2

I think I know why the battery seems to drain faster after updating. I just updated this morning. My battery was at 59% prior to the update with 20 hours on battery and 37 hours estimated remaining. After I successfully updated, it showed 51% on the battery meter. When I went to the usage screen, it showed only 4 minutes on the battery and 1 hour and 31 minutes remaining. It seems like the update sets the scale immediately to 100% no usage from whatever state you were at and reads from there. This may be why it takes one or two full drains for it to realize what 100% and 0% are.

I do have one question, though. Am I correct in assuming that LG left out the ART runtime on their build of Kitkat? I cannot find it anywhere in the developer options.

No, in the process of updating Android it wipes out a number of log files just to clean stuff up, the less there is to update, the less likely there will be an issue. One of those files in the battery log, so once it turns back on it only has the info coming from the battery's internal circuitry to go off of. This is standard for all Android updates.

• Like 2

That's my plan, or just wait till someone comes out with a rooted ZVC :)

You can root ZVC with ioroot. I'm fully rooted
  • Like 1

Cool deal, I'm on the fence but might just make the jump to ZVC. I like the idea of having custom ROMs, so hopefully our friends at teamD3rp are working on it.

Cool deal, I'm on the fence but might just make the jump to ZVC. I like the idea of having custom ROMs, so hopefully our friends at teamD3rp are working on it.

Well I do not know what just happened all of a sudden my phone went into a force close loop, did a reset, and can't even use my phone, and cant get LGflash Tools to work again -_-, going to try and fix this crap

There's also a ZVC .tot so you can just flash that instead of going back 3 OTAs to ZV7.

Well the flash tool isnt even reading my device , any suggestions? 

Never mind, I think it finally started to work

That's my plan, or just wait till someone comes out with a rooted ZVC :)
Hmm.... I think I know a guy that knows a guy.

I use Hotmail mainly but for android I do have a gmail account that I also keep up with. And I'm an android fanboy. :PSent from my LG-LS980
You get a pass, you know wtf you are doing. :)

That guy again...

ioroot v25 works rediculusly well on ZVC, it's great. Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My phone after the update battery seemed to drain real quick and charge real slow. But after a day I charged over night soft reset couple of times and now it takes a little longer for full charge but battery is lasting a lot longer seems like almost twice as long now and signal seems a little better and a lot more stable. Seems also that moving around in the options its a lot smoother and I like GPS settings better and seem to work better now also so I would have to say the update was worth it for sure!!!!

• Like 1

Well the flash tool isnt even reading my device , any suggestions? 

Never mind, I think it finally started to work

The issue I had was I forgot to set my COM number to COM41 via Device Manager.  Once I set it, the firmware flashed without error.

The issue I had was I forgot to set my COM number to COM41 via Device Manager.  Once I set it, the firmware flashed without error.

Yeah I was so used to Samsung Odin tool, I was expecting it to read it before starting it, but I gave it a few minutes once I pushed Go, and it read it, and I unplugged, and Replugged it in, I think I am going to stay on ZVA now, until an LTE only mode is found for ZVC, as it can be very Helpful at work when wifi stops working(which is regular) and need to find something for the Guest online/price match

• Like 1

So far, my battery is holding on hard after the update. The screen definitely seems to suck down the battery but standby time is ridiculous. At 11% battery power it says I have almost 11 hours left.

• Like 1

ok so I have a question, since I updated to ZVC, kk, I cant seem to locate my phone using android device manager through google services. I am not sure what happened during the update but it cant find my phone anymore. Does anyone know a fix for this..??

Lockscreen bug?

Also wondering if root wipes the device? Don't want to reset up my phone after I just did two days ago.

If you have Bluetooth connected to your vehicle and you turn the vehicle off...next time you power on the phone, your lock screen shows the camera widget and it's blank and ugly looking. It's not a major bug but kind of annoying.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I just got the LG G2 phone and I was wondering what the service code to edit the lte screen for the band 41 is.

It varies per device.  You'll likely need to chat/call Sprint and ask them for your service or MSL code.

Lockscreen bug?

Also wondering if root wipes the device? Don't want to reset up my phone after I just did two days ago.

No, rooting won't wipe phone.

It varies per device.  You'll likely need to chat/call Sprint and ask them for your service or MSL code.

I got mine from basic-flasher, very nice tool, and good way to write PRL's

##443336772# to get your msl on 4.2.2(ZVA). This does not work on 4.4 kit kat for me. I saved mine as a phone contact. 

• Like 1

Battery life and charging has been good for me. ZVC rooted with all but Voicemail app as they came (so I haven't stripped or changed any apps or services) and 2nd day I had 31hr on battety with 5hr screen time. To charge from 6% to full took just under 2hr, I'm good with that. I can't really remember how long the charge took before but this is acceptable. :lol:

My battery life is great as well. I am currently at 7 hours 36 minutes use and have an estimated 49 hours and 48 minutes remaining. I have since surfed the web for maybe 30 minutes on it, used gps for approximately 29 miles, sent and received a lot of texts from family (it's my anniversary today), received 2 phone calls about 15 minutes each and checked my bank account, paid some bills and updated 2 apps. I did notice that "navigation" is gone and now you have to go into Google Maps now to use navigation. I am enjoying how responsive it is with the new update. Sometimes before the update it took a while for my web browser to initially pull up the first page I look up and the remote control doesn't lag as much to launch like before.

• Like 2

Battery life and charging has been good for me. ZVC rooted with all but Voicemail app as they came (so I haven't stripped or changed any apps or services) and 2nd day I had 31hr on battety with 5hr screen time. To charge from 6% to full took just under 2hr, I'm good with that. I can't really remember how long the charge took before but this is acceptable. :lol:

Still no hidden menu?