T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

The U.S., China, and Japan technically follow Option 3, which permits mixed FDD and TDD throughout the band, and only mandates a 1MHz guard between ISM/MSS/TLPS/BAS and the 2.6GHz band, so instead of starting at 2495MHz, it starts at 2496MHz (which is why there have been issues launching LTE service on the BRS 1 block).

I am not so certain that there have been "issues."  We have WiMAX device log records of a 5 MHz TDD WiMAX carrier centered at 2499 MHz.  That is right in the middle of the BRS 1 block.

AJ

TMO wouldn't be building out to 300mil LTE if they weren't veeeerry confident of their future.

Confidence != actual results, as the Nextel purchase shows, but you don't see Sprint building to 300mil; that difference aught to mean something.

300m LTE pops probably includes token LTE coverage no? Similar to a licence protection site?

300m LTE pops probably includes token LTE coverage no? Similar to a licence protection site?

Depends if you consider this map token coverage.

At Deutsche Telekom's 2015 Capital Markets Day event, T-Mobile detailed the full scope of the coverage expansion that is expected to finish this year in the presentation PDF.

SddSbpU.png

It won't say band 12 but a easy way of knowing is if it does say band 4. If you need to know just open the engineering screen on the nexus 6 while connected or download LTE Discovery.

Cool thanks.  Just got the update so I'll try it out.

T-mobile has a new user generated map, its not any better, they should of kept the old one in my opinion lol

Amen. They took away the signal gradients and gave us hexagons. Which we already had with rootmetrics. WTH?!

#UNunCarrier

They only did this to hide their coverage weak spots.

• Like 2

Amen. They took away the signal gradients and gave us hexagons. Which we already had with rootmetrics. WTH?!

#UNunCarrier

They only did this to hide their coverage weak spots.

They are following At&t, and Vzw now lol

Woah. I decided to check out the new map out of curiosity and it really is pretty bad. Absolutely no visual distinction between areas of strong and poor signal.

• Like 1

Woah. I decided to check out the new map out of curiosity and it really is pretty bad. Absolutely no visual distinction between areas of strong and poor signal.

yup thats the route AT&T went too last year too

• Like 1

#UNunCarrier

Nuncarrier?  Amen?

vr3h9w.jpg

AJ

• Like 1

I got my test drive device today because I was taking a small road trip and the highway I took had lte according to sensorly. I will say lte was there but I bounced between that and edge. When I had lte the speeds were barely 1mbps and I got one at 5mbps. My Sprint phone had lte the majority of the ride with speeds no less than 9 but I maxed out at 30mbps. Could someone explain why I was experiencing what I did? I was really expecting more...kinda disappointed in a sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got my test drive device today because I was taking a small road trip and the highway I took had lte according to sensorly. I will say lte was there but I bounced between that and edge. When I had lte the speeds were barely 1mbps and I got one at 5mbps. My Sprint phone had lte the majority of the ride with speeds no less than 9 but I maxed out at 30mbps. Could someone explain why I was experiencing what I did? I was really expecting more...kinda disappointed in a sense.

GMO lte. Don't you love it?

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 8

GMO lte. Don't you love it?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I really didn't only because I was expecting more in the speed department. So this highway lte is pretty much a quick lay and your mileage may very.

• Like 1

I really didn't only because I was expecting more in the speed department. So this highway lte is pretty much a quick lay and your mileage may very.

Even if the max was 1mbps, from a TMO user who's experienced 0mbps on gprs - maps dont load - this is still a massive improvement.

Did you ever get full bars of lte?

Even if the max was 1mbps, from a TMO user who's experienced 0mbps on gprs - maps dont load - this is still a massive improvement.

I fully agree 100%. I just had such a good experience around town but once I got out on the highway I was expecting a similar experience but I didn't get that. I thought it was cool there was lte but the speeds weren't there or close to what I saw in the city but there's site density. My biggest gripe was the bouncing of lte and edge.

I saw full bars like 4 times during the drive

• Like 2

I fully agree 100%. I just had such a good experience around town but once I got out on the highway I was expecting a similar experience but I didn't get that. I thought it was cool there was lte but the speeds weren't there or close to what I saw in the city but there's site density. My biggest gripe was the bouncing of lte and edge.

I'm curious how smooth the transition from volte to EDGE voice was.

I'm curious how smooth the transition from volte to EDGE voice was.

I thought that too but sadly T-Mobile gave me a 5s.