T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Surely the local telco hosts a speed server.

No.  And don't call me Shirley.

AJ

Surely the local telco hosts a speed server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the local servers likely don't have the capacity to handle the tests, so the latency gets better but watch the throughput speeds plummet. And these tests are all about the e-peen. The same problem happens in Puerto Rico too.

But, if you think about it, the high latency is relevant in Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska. Because most of what they do with their high speed internet connections does go stateside. And it really does get affected like that. Very little traffic in these isolated places actually is generated local, stays on local networks through its routing and gets to its location without going stateside. Life in remote and terminal locations means higher pings. It's just the reality.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 1

And the local servers likely don't have the capacity to handle the tests, so the latency gets better but watch the throughput speeds plummet. And these tests are all about the e-peen. The same problem happens in Puerto Rico too.

But, if you think about it, the high latency is relevant in Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska. Because most of what they do with their high speed internet connections does go stateside. And it really does get affected like that. Very little traffic in these isolated places actually is generated local, stays on local networks through its routing and gets to its location without going stateside. Life in remote and terminal locations means higher pings. It's just the reality.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

Just imagine how crappy those remote users must feel with a carrier like Verizon, having their sites load even slower due to the perma-cookie injection into HTTP requests:

Verizon users might want to start looking for another provider. In an effort to better serve advertisers, Verizon Wireless has been silently modifying its users' web traffic on its network to inject a cookie-like tracker. This tracker, included in an HTTP header called X-UIDH, is sent to every unencrypted website a Verizon customer visits from a mobile device. It allows third-party advertisers and websites to assemble a deep, permanent profile of visitors' web browsing habits without their consent.

Thanks for link.

If someone is living in a TMO 2g or GMO lte area, they're not a TMO sub. If they are, they're stupid.

If I were in a TMO 2g or even GMO lte area, I'd be on cricket.

The site by my moms house just went from 2G to LTE  band 4 around 3 weeks ago and they skipped HSPA. Then 3 days ago they added HSPA and band 12 to it also. It went from crap to champ in less than a month. My home tower also got band 12 that same day. I get as low as -70 dBm on band 12 in my room.

• Like 1

The site by my moms house just went from 2G to LTE band 4 around 3 weeks ago and they skipped HSPA. Then 3 days ago they added HSPA and band 12 to it also. It went from crap to champ in less than a month. My home tower also got band 12 that same day. I get as low as -70 dBm on band 12 in my room.

that's not bad :) I already have hspa+ and lte but no band 12

The site by my moms house just went from 2G to LTE band 4 around 3 weeks ago and they skipped HSPA. Then 3 days ago they added HSPA and band 12 to it also. It went from crap to champ in less than a month. My home tower also got band 12 that same day. I get as low as -70 dBm on band 12 in my room.

1) -70 is higher than -100

2) sah-weet!

3) can you check if there's AWS Hspa?

The site by my moms house just went from 2G to LTE  band 4 around 3 weeks ago and they skipped HSPA. Then 3 days ago they added HSPA and band 12 to it also. It went from crap to champ in less than a month. My home tower also got band 12 that same day. I get as low as -70 dBm on band 12 in my room.

The exception, not the rule.

• Like 1

Detroit-Ann Arbor but I'm on iPhone 4S though m wife has moto g lte

Damn. Isn't Detroit 20x20? You're missing out on all the LTE fun there. Time for an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Something interesting

iPhone 6, TMO, in between Detroit and Ann Arbor, backhaul is 40mbps

d40c991303e5a74ab1f0fca38690a778.jpg

6b301c53f21e115dea6af36a6e0860a4.jpg

I've seen 20fdd in populated areas here abouts so interesting that on rural sites, they're only using 15fdd. Weird choice. It doesn't take but a switch flip to configure it to 20fdd.

Also it's only 2x antennas even though I'm in a nokia market.

• Like 1

AWS Hspa shutdown in Indy is confirmed

I don't doubt that's accurate -- but I wouldn't use @TmobileHelp as "confirmation" of anything. (They have often "confirmed" wrong information previously).

AWS Hspa shutdown in Indy is confirmed

You should tweet back that your now GSM 1900 signal on your HTC Sensation 4G is not great -- and definitely not "4G."

AJ

You should tweet back that your now GSM 1900 signal on your HTC Sensation 4G is not great -- and definitely not "4G."

AJ

I asked them what they are doing for those customers. Still waiting to hear back.

Just tweeted about my friends sensation.

Please post Twitter quotes and links, not just links.

AJ

Your right, everyone knows your only allowed to break service for 4+yr old devices on November 6, 2015. Any earlier than that is just not ok.

• Like 1

Your right, everyone knows your only allowed to break service for 4+yr old devices on November 6, 2015. Any earlier than that is just not ok.

Nice try, but you fail.  The Sensation 4G is not yet four years old.  But, more importantly, Sprint at least has had the cojones to announce years in advance the iDEN and WiMAX shutdowns.  T-Mobile is doing the AWS-1 refarming without notice, and that is a chickenshit move to do to its subs.

AJ

• Like 2

Nice try, but you fail. The Sensation 4G is not yet four years old. But, more importantly, Sprint at least has had the cojones to announce years in advance the iDEN and WiMAX shutdowns. T-Mobile is doing the AWS-1 refarming without notice, and that is a chickenshit move to do to its subs.

AJ

They're contacting affected customers, hopefully before the shutdown.

• Like 1